Focus Fusion Meet - Wednesday, June 1 Stone Creek Bar, NYC

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

rcain

Focus Fusion Meet - Wednesday, June 1 Stone Creek Bar, NYC

Post by rcain »

just in...
Focus Fusion New York metro fans come and meet each other!

7-10 PM, Wednesday, June 1 Stone Creek Bar, NYC - RSVP on Facebook or reply to this email.
The Event
Let’s meet up and share the latest news from around the world and in the lab. Our own mad scientist Eric Lerner is in a rush to meet up with all of you to dish the data on beams, shots, and switches before he heads for his European conference trip.

This event will start with an informal meet-and-greet social time. Presentations by Eric and Focus Fusion Society director Rezwan Razani will follow with plenty of time for Q&A. We will wind up with a discussion of future events and how everyone can participate.

140 East 27th St # A
New York, NY

Thanks!
A special thanks to Ivy and Dean for organizing this event!

RSVP on Facebook or reply to this email.

Donate
As always, the Focus Fusion Society needs members and donations to continue. Please give generously.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I'd go but, alas, New York City is a bit too far for me.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

So, June 1 to get some data.
Very good.

toddzilla

Post by toddzilla »

Any updates?

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

I was going to ask that as well. Nothing in the usual places so far. Was anyone from T-P in attendance?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Give it until the WE when most people will have some free time to post.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

A PDF dated June 2 linked from the Focus Fusion Society.

http://focusfusion.org/assets/lppx/LPPX_2011_06_03.pdf

They have appointed a board of advisers. These individuals that have technical backgrounds but not necessarily in Physics. They seem to be mostly individuals with experience in start up companies in the technical field. I don't know what this says about their optimism about the Focus Fusion (DPF) in general or possible spinoff technology.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

rcain

Post by rcain »

interesting read.
sounds like they're now well into the groove, ironing stuff out. july it is then.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Interesting read indeed. I love the way they are debugging their machine, is a perfect example of how to do research.

The board was probably formed in relation to the x-Scan spin off, but it could become handy also for future FF developments if these guys have the correct connections.
They are doing all in the correct way and I think that the only thing that can stop them is if nature does not agree with their idea.
It will be nice to see how it evolves.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

It's my impression that the purpose of the board for now is to consider the viability of possible spinoff technologies, which now include X-ray inspection, medical isotopes, and whatever intense ion beams are needed for: ion beam lithography, particle therapy, particle beam weapons.... :wink:

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Ivy Matt wrote:It's my impression that the purpose of the board for now is to consider the viability of possible spinoff technologies, which now include X-ray inspection, medical isotopes, and whatever intense ion beams are needed for: ion beam lithography, particle therapy, particle beam weapons.... :wink:
I would agree with your assessment of purpose. I have worked with the Tech Coast Angels before (where one of the advisiors is from). They are a consortium of Southern California Angel investors that generally fund seed stage firms. There is some big money in the group and some very bright and experienced guys, but they are definately not in it to advance the science. They will be looking for profitable applications of the technology as soon as it makes practical sense. They also have connections with the big VC money in Northern CA (Sand Hill Rd.) for latter stage development.