New Battery charges in 30 seconds

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

New Battery charges in 30 seconds

Post by Skipjack »

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/07/technol ... ?hpt=hp_t2
If it really works as advertised (and there is always a big IF there), then this could be a game changer for electric cars as well. Biggest problem would probably be how to get that much power into the car in such a short time. Maybe there would be a smaller range extending battery in the car that charges in a couple of minutes to help people reach destinations further away and the rest would still be conventional batteries. Or something like that.

hanelyp

Re: New Battery charges in 30 seconds

Post by hanelyp »

A battery that can charge VERY FAST would help electric cars. They'd still need an electric feed that can keep up with the battery.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

hanelyp wrote:A battery that can charge VERY FAST would help electric cars. They'd still need an electric feed that can keep up with the battery.
That's what I just said. Because of that, I think that it might only be a small battery for a quick range extension of sorts. Until you can charge the main battery.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Skipjack wrote:
hanelyp wrote:A battery that can charge VERY FAST would help electric cars. They'd still need an electric feed that can keep up with the battery.
That's what I just said. Because of that, I think that it might only be a small battery for a quick range extension of sorts. Until you can charge the main battery.
If this pans out it might mean that flywheels will finally make it big. Slow steady charge at a re-charge station and rapid dump into the batteries. It might also make electric busses a more widely used reality. FWs at bus stops giving buses an instant charge while boarding passengers.