Rossi USPTO patent progress.

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Asterix

Re: Rossi USPTO patent progress.

Post by Asterix »

"... from the Licences and Review Department..."
This tidbit comes from the US Patent and Trademark Office? :shock:

In the USA, we spell it "Licenses", not the UK (mis-) spelling. Is the USPTO too poor to afford spell checking on their computer systems?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Both sides of the Atlantic traditionally misspell something when it comes to licensing and licences, but everyone seems to join in with the charade.

An authority licenses a licence. s = verb, c = noun.

(Like 'advise' and 'advice'. Americans can misspell things as they wish, but they still give 'advice' [noun] rather than give 'advise'.)

Yes, one way or another, the person above spelt it wrong; http://www.uspto.gov/faq/faqs_lr.jsp , even by their own standards.

The person's spell checker did not appear to be 'availble' [sic].

In the case of chrismb's patent applications with the USPTO, they made an administrative mess of those too, so they are far from immune and their 'righteous indignation' at folks mis-jumping certain administrative hurdles they create is very hypocritical at times.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Looks like Rossi chose the wrong words in his application.
USPTO has flagged it for external agency review by Defence Science and Technology Agency. Silly boy must have used either or both of the words "nuclear" & "radiation". This will probably end up looking like Florida BRC all over again. They may even flag him for False Official Statements if they compare and do not like what is in the Patent verses what he told Florida BRC, who was acting on the behalf of the NRC.

<munch...munch,munch>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

chrismb's last patent also had all such terms in. It also claimed, directly in the abstract, it was a means for isotopic separation (one of the stated things that pop up the 'security flags'), yet it didn't get a sniff of interest with Licensing and Securities.

Maybe the difference is that Rossi is a convicted fraudster and it was less to do with technology issues and more to do with fraud issues? After all, most patents that cover such topics don't get picked up like this. But they are, or at least look like, something from bona fide research, whereas Rossi's patent application has 'scam' written all over it.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Current EP status:
INPADOC legal status: EP2259998 (A1) ― 2010-12-15

METHOD AND APPARATUS FOR CARRYING OUT NICKEL AND HYDROGEN EXOTHERMAL REACTIONS
The EPO does not accept any responsibility for the accuracy of data and information originating from other authorities than the EPO; in particular, the EPO does not guarantee that they are complete, up-to-date or fit for specific purposes.

Legal status of EP2259998 (A1) 2010-12-15:
EP F 08873805 A (Patent of invention)
PRS Date : 2010/12/15
PRS Code : 17P
Code Expl.: + REQUEST FOR EXAMINATION FILED
EFFECTIVE DATE : 20100916
PRS Code : AK
Code Expl.: + DESIGNATED CONTRACTING STATES:
KD OF CORRESP. PAT. : A1
DESIGNATED COUNTR. : AT BE BG CH CY CZ DE DK EE ES FI FR GB GR HR HU IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT NL NO PL PT RO SE SI SK TR
PRS Code : AX
Code Expl.: + EXTENSION OF THE EUROPEAN PATENT TO
CONCERNED COUNTRIES : AL BA MK RS
PRS Date : 2011/07/13
PRS Code : DAX
Code Expl.: EXTENSION OF THE EUROPEAN PATENT TO (DELETED)
PRS Date : 2012/03/14
PRS Code : RAP1
Code Expl.: TRANSFER OF RIGHTS OF AN EP APPLICATION
NEW OWNER : LEONARDO CORPORATION
PRS Date : 2012/11/21
PRS Code : 17Q
Code Expl.: + FIRST EXAMINATION REPORT
EFFECTIVE DATE : 20121019

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

Chris, you seem to be the expert here. What do you make of this application? Given the lack of detail, it's sure to be rejected. So what's the point in filing?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

All things considered I'm sceptical.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Asterix wrote:Chris, you seem to be the expert here. What do you make of this application? Given the lack of detail, it's sure to be rejected. So what's the point in filing?
Keep the charade going. There is a sucker born every minute and some of them were born yesterday.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Asterix

Post by Asterix »

I view it as an extortion issue--get Rossi or his licensees to pony up some hard cash to get the application dropped--cheaper than suing.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

FWIW:

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Asterix wrote:Chris, you seem to be the expert here. What do you make of this application? Given the lack of detail, it's sure to be rejected. So what's the point in filing?
It's hopeless.

Every one-bit dreamer with a half-baked idea wants to throw it towards USPTO in the hope they will strike it lucky and incant some magic words so posterity will see them as oh-so-prescient.

If the guy actually builds something and takes some measurements, then he overcomes that critique. If he does, all strength to him. At least, one might then say, 'he tried'.

But his 'invention' is but a dream in his own fantasy world, and his patent application is so doomed that he has failed to even perform the initial steps of filing his patent correctly, let alone file material that stands any chance of passing the grade.

What is his motivation for spending money on such a venture? It can only, therefore, be a vanity, a fantasy and/or a delusionary impulse.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

So I'm interpretting this as he has ~75 (I guess 72 now) days to formally state how all this works, why it works, with corresponding numbers to back it up. IE: all the secrets must be divulged? Asking for clarification.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Giggle. I wonder what Rossi will say about this? It will be really fun when someone trots his statements to BRC in front of this.
"Its nuclear, Its not nuclear. I swear."

Just like his UL certification. Another poor attempt to play with fire beyond his ken.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

ScottL wrote:So I'm interpretting this as he has ~75 (I guess 72 now) days to formally state how all this works, why it works, with corresponding numbers to back it up. IE: all the secrets must be divulged? Asking for clarification.
The way patents are supposed to work, a standard apparently not well upheld these days, the patent application must include sufficient detail for a practitioner of the art to implement. There also used to be a requirement that the claimed invention had actually been implemented.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.