Joe Eck Claims Superconductivity Near 20 Celsius

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Joe Eck Claims Superconductivity Near 20 Celsius

Post by DeltaV »

As before, small process yield, but hey...

http://www.superconductors.org/20C.htm

Nik

Filament lamps...

Post by Nik »

Why am I reminded of Edison's quest to find a durable filament for his lamps ??

Whatever, his publications will prevent 'spoiler' patents...

icarus

Post by icarus »

Even if he can confirm a tiny fraction of SC that is operating at 18 C he is more than in the ball park, he's in the diamond looking for the mound. He has got to be getting quite excited, like zeroing in on the treasure.

And playing with combinations of 6 different elements like dialing through the possibilities of a combination lock.

deane

Post by deane »

I find it puzzling that no other researchers in the field appear to be following up on Eck's work. It's possible that his methods are so obviously flawed that it's not worth spending time on, but then I would think that someone would at least have pointed out the flaws by now. Instead there seems to be silence. Just one half-hearted footnote in one paper. Other than that, nothing.

I mean we're talking about an 18C superconductor here. Even if you thought Eck was a total loon, that's gotta be worth taking a look at, if only to debunk it.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Shrug. Everyone seems to have largely ignored Prins, too.

They probably just assume it must be a mistake and go back to worrying about other things. Time will tell.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Speaking of Prins, I wonder how his book sales are going?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

From Conductive to Superconductive state throught a distinct state of matter:
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/suppl ... He_SOM.pdf

This might actually be the first evidence that could give some credibility to Eck claims.
I am still doubtful on his testing method, but I have to give huge credits to him for being completely open in explaining and detailing his whole manufacturing and testing process. I am sure sooner or later some undergrad or doctorate will take over his work and test it.