WB-8 article

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Kahuna
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kahuna » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:48 pm

rjaypeters
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby rjaypeters » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:17 pm

I am so glad you asked! See, you (hypothetically) fly into Chicago? Urbana-Champlain? and drive to a local modeling agency and hire two beautiful, intelligent women to accompany you to the party. All these women need to do is listen attentively to the Drs. while the Pessimist, Moderate and Optimist ask respectful questions.

Whatever the Drs. say, the ladies respond appreciatively. It would be better if the women were primed with questions and knew some physics, but that's probably not necessary...See, everybody wins! The Drs. enjoy the attention of attractive women, the Three learn, maybe, what we want to know and the ladies earn some guilt-free cash.

'Course, we'd not dare publish the results of these conversations because the Drs. would probably get in a lot of trouble and we don't want that!

Did I mention the alcohol?

Now, it's going to take a little money...
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

Tom Ligon

Postby Tom Ligon » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:32 pm

The mention of "what mean 'we', paleface?" made me smile.

Back when I started with the project, Dr. Bussard once jokingly told me that as soon as he had a demo machine running DD at "demonstrated breakeven" on diluted fuel, he wanted to take it out in the middle of the desert on an indian reservation and light it off with pure deuterium. He said he would cut the indians (friends of his) in on the deal in exchange for leaving a radioactive memorial on their land. He figured they'd be the richest indians around.

For transport, he said he intended to use my pickup truck, which he figured was expendable. I hoped I would get a new one out of the deal, but that was unspecified.

Anyway, this suggests the indians might know, and us palefaces would still be in the dark.

Rick, if you are monitoring, I still have the pickup truck. Let me know.

mvanwink5

Postby mvanwink5 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:03 pm

Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

KitemanSA

Postby KitemanSA » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:46 pm

chrismb

Postby chrismb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:23 pm

chrismb

Postby chrismb » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:30 pm

rjaypeters

Postby rjaypeters » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Easy, gentles! I am joking about this whole thing (?) and was boldly nominating chrismb for The Pessimist after I asked everyone to nominate themselves.

In slightly more seriousness, anyone who talks with Dr. Nebel, at a party, no less, probably has a snowball's chance in you-know-where to learn anything of interest to us, but we can dream, right?

I nominate myself as The Moderate.
"Aqaba! By Land!" T. E. Lawrence

R. Peters

Maui

Postby Maui » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 pm

KitemanSA

Postby KitemanSA » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:41 pm

dch24

Postby dch24 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:38 pm

KitemanSA

Postby KitemanSA » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:46 am

Giorgio

Postby Giorgio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:40 am

Ivy Matt

Postby Ivy Matt » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:19 am

Betruger

Postby Betruger » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 am

Return to “News”