10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Kahuna wrote:For those who might be interested, Steve Krivit is offering some pretty extensive comments in answer to questions and criticisms of his Bologna trip and preliminary report on same at his blog here.
The steam and/or water that comes immediately out of the E-Cat is hidden from sight because the outlet from the E-Cat goes directly to a three-meter black rubber hose, which then feeds into a drain in the plumbing system.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

MSimon wrote:
Kahuna wrote:For those who might be interested, Steve Krivit is offering some pretty extensive comments in answer to questions and criticisms of his Bologna trip and preliminary report on same at his blog here.
The steam and/or water that comes immediately out of the E-Cat is hidden from sight because the outlet from the E-Cat goes directly to a three-meter black rubber hose, which then feeds into a drain in the plumbing system.
This time very honest question.
May be I do not remember correctly. I learned in university many years ago and remember a table of state of steam.
But I do not remember that steam near 100C can be dry.
Possible?

parallel

Post by parallel »

Possible to be 100% dry but unlikely.
The dryness fraction from, say, a simple water tube boiler would be about .95 due to droplets being carried over. That's only < 5% loss in total heat though.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

parallel wrote:Possible to be 100% dry but unlikely.
The dryness fraction from, say, a simple water tube boiler would be about .95 due to droplets being carried over. That's only < 5% loss in total heat though.
As I understand saying "loss" you mean experiment purity?
And interesting two things:
-What humidity has steam exhausting from teapot?
-I have read many about architecture of that building, who whom when said "hello” and "good buy", white color 100C steam. Rossi claimed about absolutely dry steam. Also I remember that earlier someone quoted Rossi's device drawing in which electric heaters was drew. But nobody is saying about share of electric heat in total balance. Some inaccuracy when not considered humidity of steam, some because - energy from electric heating. May be this or not?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Kahuna wrote:I hope Giorgio can shed on light on the UoB contract status through his friend to see if we are likely on this track.
Just come back home from dinner with him.
In quick words, there is no contract signed to date.
There seems to be some issues on the type of experiments they can make on the e-cat. I will know how much of this is actually true probably next week.

As for the professors in UoB looks like this story is stirring up quite some bad reactions from some of them. I think this had to be expected.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Giorgio wrote:As for the professors in UoB looks like this story is stirring up quite some bad reactions from some of them. I think this had to be expected.
Thanks for the update G.

Can you elaborate on your statement above. Are you referring to the E-Cat R&D contract in general, the Krivit report and Levi response, something else? Thanks in advance.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Kahuna wrote:Can you elaborate on your statement above. Are you referring to the E-Cat R&D contract in general, the Krivit report and Levi response, something else? Thanks in advance.
Mainly to the local media fuss that is going on. I doubt any of them is really following this story on Rossi blog or from internet sources, thought IMBW on this.
From what I have understood no one wants to be in the position to become the next Pons in the eyes of the nation. Giving hope to people and than failing can have quite dire consequences, especially if coupled to a moment of such a bad economic situation like the one we are living now.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Giorgio wrote:From what I have understood no one wants to be in the position to become the next Pons in the eyes of the nation. Giving hope to people and than failing can have quite dire consequences
... it might impact your tyre business, after all...

painlord2k

Cultural misunderstanding?

Post by painlord2k »

I think Krivit made the error to add too much "color" to his piece.
It could be a staple of journalism in the US, but it is easy to give the impression to be there to denigrate it.
The point about the coffe machine is an example: it can be naively considered a bit of "color" from Kivrit but in Italy was considered a slight. Like to wrote about an Australian they had a fridge full of beer cans in their lab/workshop.
Writing about the neighbour sign "Rossi Brothers Pneumatics" then it a bit disingenuous, as Rossi is one of the most common family name in Italy (for comparison, in my city (Venice) there are "only" two pages of the phone book of Rossi (and it is not a local name).

Axil

Post by Axil »

FYI: chatters

Rossi: our reactors now produce a totally dry steam

http://www.mail-archive.com/vortex-l@es ... 47975.html

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

300 units operating in a factory?

Anyone know where this factory is?

Axil

Post by Axil »

Rossi: “they are either competitors, sometimes disguised as Research Laboratories anxious to validate, sent by the same”

… stupidities of a snake…

… fake journalists…

Is this Steve Krivit?

Sent by Competitors…

Can this be a reference to Piantelli?

I am just chattering…

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Ivy Matt wrote:At least Chris didn't refer to it as a "coffee machine". :lol:
I hope I didn't mislead anyone with this comment. I took the phrase "coffee machine" to be metaphorical rather than literal, especially since it seemed to come out of nowhere. I completely missed the reference to a literal coffee machine in the sixth paragraph. :oops:
Axil wrote:Rossi: “they are either competitors, sometimes disguised as Research Laboratories anxious to validate, sent by the same”

… fake journalists…

Is this Steve Krivit?

Sent by Competitors…

I'm glad Rossi is willing to play 20 questions on the Journal of Nuclear Physics website, but even so, while he's questioning other people's motives, perhaps he could take a moment to ponder why some people might be inclined to question his motives.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Axil wrote:Rossi: “they are either competitors, sometimes disguised as Research Laboratories anxious to validate, sent by the same”

… fake journalists…

Is this Steve Krivit?

Sent by Competitors…

I am just chattering…
In the context of the comment, Steve Krivit is almost certainly the "snake" to which he refers (far from the Rossi apologist that some here had forecast).

Perhaps all those people who keep asking Rossi if the E-Cat secrets are safe for mankind if he should get knocked off are starting to worry him :P .
Last edited by Kahuna on Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Ivy Matt wrote:I'm glad Rossi is willing to play 20 questions on the Journal of Nuclear Physics website....
Well, only if he likes the question, of course.....