10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

parallel

Post by parallel »

chrismb wrote:
parallel wrote:seedload,
Unlike you, I don't claim to know what the secret is.
BUT: Implicit in this statement is that you know there to be a secret.

Please provide your evidence of this, oh loyal disciple.
You have previously claimed such great insight so I wonder why you can't figure out that I don't know if the E-Cat works, or if it does, what the catalyst is.
Seedload was inferring that he knows the E-Cat doesn't work and that is the secret.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Parallel, I don't need to insult you, you have enough trouble trying to defend Rossi as is. As for speaking for others, I don't, but I usually make my decisions based on what information is available versus not available. If we spent all our time speculating what could be, we'll never know what will be.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

Based on the information we do have in hand. That being the videos of the demonstrations, the history of Rossi, and the unscientific handling of this situation, one would tend to believe it is a fraud or lean heavely towards fraud. Science, the search for truth by evidence, does not sit and speculate, but tests and proves or disproves.

What we do know is that Rossi has a criminal past and has committed fraud. These are facts according to several legal systems. He has shown a willingness to commit fraud more than once, and so, is likely to commit another fraud. The true shame is not with those that follow him on forums and message boards, but those who he drags down with him.

parallel

Post by parallel »

ScottL
we have to go with what we know now.
My apologies. I didn't recognize that was the Royal we.

parallel

Post by parallel »

ScottL
Parallel, I don't need to insult you, you have enough trouble trying to defend Rossi as is.
I said it was unnecessary but you didn't answer the question of why you did so. You called a me a fool.

Please point out where I have had trouble "defending Rossi."

Helius

Post by Helius »

parallel wrote:seedload,
Unlike you, I don't claim to know what the secret is.
I do. The secret is that it matters squat.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

parallel wrote:ScottL
Parallel, I don't need to insult you, you have enough trouble trying to defend Rossi as is.
I said it was unnecessary but you didn't answer the question of why you did so. You called a me a fool.

Please point out where I have had trouble "defending Rossi."
Pick a number between 8 and 215...!! ;)

parallel

Post by parallel »

chrismb,
Pick a number between 8 and 215...!! Wink
You win the prize for the most inane comment to date.
I have better things to do than read than this rubbish. Bye.

Maui

Post by Maui »

seedload wrote:
parallel wrote: Rossi has everything in place to do what he claims he wants to do, i.e. produce a working 1 MW unit that he thinks is the only way of silencing the critics. It is starting to look like even that will not be enough.
Isn't the 'customer' for the 1MW plant Defkalion GT?
Exactly. And since Defkalion is essentially nothing more than Rossi's investors, he's basically building a plant for himself.

This is why I think his assertion that he doesn't get paid until the plant is operation is meaningless. I think he's essentially going to be the judge that its operational.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

parallel wrote:chrismb,
Spoil-sport. :cry:

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ScottL wrote: No advantage to doing it early? Are you kidding me? If he patents the secret sauce, he gets protection starting at the time of application. The longer he doesn't patent it, he risks other groups figuring out its true composition or stealing said secret sauce formula. Once another organization does this, they can then patent it and Rossi will be SOL because at best he can claim prior art, unfortunately he doesn't have much public proof of prior art because we don't know whats in it.
I have wondered whether there is a scam of twisted perportions. Follow me here:
  • * Rossi is of the opinion that H:Ni reactions can take place.
    * Rossi has no idea how to do it.
    * Rossi makes a scam machine with a "secret sause" that he makes vague references too.
    * He causes enough stirr that he gets other folks sufficiently interested that they invent the process themselves.
    * Rossi sues for patent violation and they pay him big bucks to go away.
Scam by law suit. Hmmm.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

KitemanSA wrote:
ScottL wrote: No advantage to doing it early? Are you kidding me? If he patents the secret sauce, he gets protection starting at the time of application. The longer he doesn't patent it, he risks other groups figuring out its true composition or stealing said secret sauce formula. Once another organization does this, they can then patent it and Rossi will be SOL because at best he can claim prior art, unfortunately he doesn't have much public proof of prior art because we don't know whats in it.
I have wondered whether there is a scam of twisted perportions. Follow me here:
  • * Rossi is of the opinion that H:Ni reactions can take place.
    * Rossi has no idea how to do it.
    * Rossi makes a scam machine with a "secret sause" that he makes vague references too.
    * He causes enough stirr that he gets other folks sufficiently interested that they invent the process themselves.
    * Rossi sues for patent violation and they pay him big bucks to go away.
Scam by law suit. Hmmm.
At this point, nothing would surprise me other than it working.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

chrismb wrote:
parallel wrote:chrismb,
Spoil-sport. :cry:
To be fair you and Georgio have been pissing in his cheerios and I imagine one can only take it so long.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Crawdaddy wrote:One of the principles of the greek company is a friend of the Greek president and former ambassador.
Whew! For a moment there I thought you were about to reveal my super-secret scam hypothesis. :P
Crawdaddy wrote:The lack of full disclosure is in no way convincing evidence that his device is a fraud.
I agree. The way I would put it is that Rossi's caginess is not inconsistent with the hypothesis that the device works as well as he claims. On the other hand, I would submit that Rossi's caginess is a fatal flaw in the claim, if made by a member of the general public, that Rossi's device works as well as he claims. Rossi can make that claim. Levi can. A Defkalion representative can. Somebody claiming to be a Greek-Canadian investor can plausibly make that claim. Jed Rothwell, perhaps, can make that claim. But a member of the general public who makes that claim, or who takes it as a given, would be either assuming evidence that is not in evidence, or taking claims on authority—usually a combination of the two.
chrismb wrote:No, this 3rd possibility 'fails' on logical consistency: Why did he call a press conference?
Which press conference? It is said that he called the first one because Focardi was getting impatient, so he changed his mind. The second one was for Defkalion. I don't see how that's inconsistent with the information that was reported back in 2010:
- The group is working on a MW module
- The group is not interested in anything that distracts them from making the MW module operational and safe
- When the MW module is operational there will be a presentation of the plant and a press conference
- They have only published a scientific paper because the patent application required it
Hindsight is 20/20 and all that. :wink:
seedload wrote:Didn't Rossi say that he had already filed the secret sauce patent but that it is so recent that it hasn't shown up on searches yet?
It is certainly implied in this post.
chrismb wrote:Spoil-sport. :cry:
Cheer up. If his self-discipline is anything like yours he'll be back shortly. :P
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

His implied posting was ~ 6 months ago. Although the patent process can be long, I would think some amount of information would be available much like the device's patent that got posted rather quickly.