10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Am wrote:Sorry, title is "A detailed Qualitative Approach to the Cold Fusion Nuclear Reactions of H/Ni"
I just finished reading it.
It adds very little to the theory and you need to give for granted some phenomena that have never been verified.
Especially the total 511 Kev gamma absorption.

If this mechanism was true it would probably be a more important discovery in the long term than the e-Cat itself.
Personally I do not believe that such a mechanism could have passed unobserved until now.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Ivy Matt wrote:I'm glad to see Stremmenos doesn't ignore the gamma-ray problem either. His (primary) solution: the nickel absorbs them and emits electrons through the photoelectric effect. It sort of sounds like Stremmenos is intending to test these hypotheses, but I'm not quite certain if I'm interpreting him right:
Even assuming that the mini atom exist (and I could write a lot of reasons for it not to exist) the main issue in his hypothesis is that the 2 gamma should be absorbed and transformed in the nickel lattice, i.e. the Nickel should act as a trap for the high energy gamma, but this has never been documented as far as I know.

rcain

Post by rcain »

chrismb wrote:
rcain wrote:(ps. Giorgio - have you started drinking whiskey at breakfast with CMB again? ... there seems to be some common socio-pathological effect at work ;) )
Whiskey for breakfast!?!

Rather uncivilised, no?

Once upon a time you might have found me supping the occasional Gammel Dansk while cruising the Kattegat, but I'm not a drinker as such.
of course. your are right. i would have expected nothing less of you chris and nothing more - strictly according to the sun, and the position of the yard-arm. i dare say.

personally i have been known to threaten the presence of a bottle of breakfast whiskey, to anyone suggesting a business meeting at such unreasonable hours. it seems to well work as a deterrent in my case at least.

i thought 'Vodka' might go down well with the Russians. but 'Gammel Dansk' - now you have me thinking; that is truly obscure...

rcain

Post by rcain »

Giorgio wrote:
rcain wrote:(ps. Giorgio - have you started drinking whiskey at breakfast with CMB again? ... there seems to be some common socio-pathological effect at work ;) )
Work stress due to incoming tax deadline I presume.
Hopefully I will finish this week and get back to normal. Whatever that means anyhow... ;)
tax! in Itally! you are kidding me! do you not have any influential friends you can stay with in Sicily ;)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

rcain wrote:tax! in Itally! you are kidding me! do you not have any influential friends you can stay with in Sicily ;)
That is a privilege reserved to politicians only.
I belong to that part of the country whose destiny is to get squeezed twice a year. Bad karma probably.

rcain

Post by rcain »

Giorgio wrote:
rcain wrote:tax! in Itally! you are kidding me! do you not have any influential friends you can stay with in Sicily ;)
That is a privilege reserved to politicians only.
I belong to that part of the country whose destiny is to get squeezed twice a year. Bad karma probably.
.. and the legacy of the Medici. at least you have the food, the sun and the women, etc, etc...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Italy is like a Mandelbrot. You can keep cutting it in half and finding nations.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Giorgio wrote:Even assuming that the mini atom exist (and I could write a lot of reasons for it not to exist) the main issue in his hypothesis is that the 2 gamma should be absorbed and transformed in the nickel lattice, i.e. the Nickel should act as a trap for the high energy gamma, but this has never been documented as far as I know.
I've been thinking about how you would test that hypothesis, and it seems to me that, if the gamma-nickel photoelectric effect actually works as well as Stremmenos proposes, Rossi's space heaters might actually be better used directly as electric generators. Just run a wire through the nickel. In fact, maybe all you really need is some nickel and a good source of gamma radiation. :wink:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:
Ivy Matt wrote:I'm glad to see Stremmenos doesn't ignore the gamma-ray problem either. His (primary) solution: the nickel absorbs them and emits electrons through the photoelectric effect. It sort of sounds like Stremmenos is intending to test these hypotheses, but I'm not quite certain if I'm interpreting him right:
Even assuming that the mini atom exist (and I could write a lot of reasons for it not to exist) the main issue in his hypothesis is that the 2 gamma should be absorbed and transformed in the nickel lattice, i.e. the Nickel should act as a trap for the high energy gamma, but this has never been documented as far as I know.
Check out "Internal Conversion" as an alternative to gamma emmission. Ni may not have been investigated for it, but some nearby elements go 90+% IC and <10% gamma. Seems IC dumps nuclear excitation energy into S orbital electrons.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:
seedload wrote:
Giorgio wrote: And proud to be if the alternative is represented by the likes of you. :roll:
I think he was joking, as in PI is not a rational number.
For the same reason I think he was not joking.
seedload wrote:BTW, I am changing my answer to i.
Good, now we need someone complexed to join us up! :twisted:
Ignore him. He's not complex at all! He's just imaginary. :wink:

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
Check out "Internal Conversion" as an alternative to gamma emmission. Ni may not have been investigated for it, but some nearby elements go 90+% IC and <10% gamma. Seems IC dumps nuclear excitation energy into S orbital electrons.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internal_conversion

Even 1 W of "normal" nuclear process is going to emit a LOT of gammas. That is under 2% of the 60W generated.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

rcain wrote: but 'Gammel Dansk' - now you have me thinking; that is truly obscure...
...and very bitter...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
Interesting, I was not aware at all about this.
I'll need to make some research into this before commenting on it.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:Even 1 W of "normal" nuclear process is going to emit a LOT of gammas. That is under 2% of the 60W generated.
Good point.
The small E-Cat is supposed to generate 2,5 Kw thermal. Even assuming a 99,999 % gamma absorption efficiency will still leave out 2.5W of gamma.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ladajo wrote:Italy is like a Mandelbrot. You can keep cutting it in half and finding nations.
A very deep truth, especially down in the South of Italy.