10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Another bit of news from Defkalion:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/07/defkal ... nergy.html

intrigued

Re: Unacceptable twice.

Post by intrigued »

Tom DeGisi wrote:
intrigued wrote:
chrismb wrote: At last the boil is lanced!

(It took enough prodding.!)

C'mon, Mr Chickenrashwilly, don't be bashful now!..
That's just unacceptable.
Yes. Unacceptable, and Joseph was also unacceptable. BTW, chrismb, if you must Anglicize DeGisi (DuhGeesey), why not translate it instead. It means Hawkson.

Yours,
Tom
lol no I meant Joseph's comment is unacceptable. If you are at that point just don't respond anymore or leave the site but come on.

intrigued

Post by intrigued »

eernie1
July 19th, 2011 at 4:32 PM
Dear blogers;
I see many of you asking questions about the physics of the Rossi reaction.To the ones who are less sophisticated enquirers I can offer perhaps a simple analogy to explain the basic function.The physics of a common fission process can be used to illustrate.To cause the fission of a nucleus we must have a source of neutrons and unstable nuclei.Neutrons because they have no charge and can pass through the coulombic barrier of the positively charged nucleus.Both are provided by atoms such as Uranium or Plutonium isotopes.However the neutrons are too energetic(move too fast)to enter the nuclei.Think of the nucleus having a revolving door. If the neutron is moving too fast it will hit the door and rebound because the door will not open fast enough.If the neutron is moving at the speed of the door’s revolution the neutron will enter the nucleus,just like we enter through the door.So we must decrease the energy(speed)of the neutrons to a value consistant to the doors revolution. this is done by using what is called a modulator.Substances like carbon and heavy water are used and slow down the neutrons by collisions which absorbs the energy, creating what are called thermal neutrons reduced to energy levels of less than electron volts(ev). When the neutron enters the unstable nucleus it creates an energy imbalance which the nucleus must rebalance.It does this by emitting more than one neutron,excess energy and splitting the remainder of its substances into lower weight atoms.The multiple created neutrons then continue the process called a chain reaction.
In Rossi’s configuration the place of the neutrons is taken by a hydrogen atom which consists of a proton and an electron revolving around it.The difference is the energy of the angular momentum of the electron keeping the electron from decaying into the proton.If you remove this energy you wind up with a quasi neutron.By using a medium such as a transition metal,and If you introduce the hydrogen atom into its electron cloud,the electrons of the metal can interact with the hydrogen electron and remove some of its momentum making the hydrogen atom more like a neutron.Transition elements are the best choice because their electrons are the most volatile of the common elements thereby more likely to interact with a passing electron in its cloud.If the atom then becomes less charge separated it can more easily pass through the coulombic charge of the transition metal nucleus and cause an imbalance which must be compensated for as in the fission process of Uranium.Although the nuclei of transition metals are relatively stable,it is possible to create what is called a metastable state by injecting the quasi proton into the Nickel nucleus will create a metastable state in the nucleus which must be balanced by some sort of rection.One such reaction may be the decay of a neutron into a proton creating a copper atom with the ejection of a beta particle enhanced with extra energy from the mass conversion of the decay processes.This beta particle then enters the electron cloud of the Nickel atom and interacts with the lattice electrons of the Nickel crystals. this creates IR energy which heats up the Nickel nodules.
I thought that was an interesting post by a Rossi blogger.

Maui

Post by Maui »

ScottL wrote:No clue what all of that means, but I'd error on the side of it being a verbal attack.
I laughed.

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

Carl White wrote:Another bit of news from Defkalion:

http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/07/defkal ... nergy.html
Well, this is really ensuring:

"power output of the device would be 35KW/h."

What unit is that?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

intrigued wrote:
eernie1
Dear blogers;
In Rossi’s configuration the place of the neutrons is taken by a hydrogen atom which consists of a proton and an electron revolving around it.The difference is the energy of the angular momentum of the electron keeping the electron from decaying into the proton.If you remove this energy you wind up with a quasi neutron....
But does a neutron not have a higher mass than a hydrogen atom, which means energy has to be added to lead to the electron "losing its momentum" to form a neutron?

A neutron readily decays into a hydrogen atom (half-life 20 minutes), and it woudn't do that if that process required energy to give the electron new momentum to form the atom.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

chrismb wrote:But does a neutron not have a higher mass than a hydrogen atom, which means energy has to be added to lead to the electron "losing its momentum" to form a neutron?

A neutron readily decays into a hydrogen atom (half-life 20 minutes), and it woudn't do that if that process required energy to give the electron new momentum to form the atom.
Again wrong.
Mass of neutron: 939.5MeV
Mass of proton: 938.2MeV
Mass of electron:0.511MeV
938.2+0.511<939.5
And so, there is not needed any energy for decay. On the contrary - energy releases in the form of kinetic energy of electron and proton (mainly of electron due to its lower mass).
Not true that "energy has to be added", Mr. "Big Expert"

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

chrismb wrote:
intrigued wrote:
eernie1
Dear blogers;
In Rossi’s configuration the place of the neutrons is taken by a hydrogen atom which consists of a proton and an electron revolving around it.The difference is the energy of the angular momentum of the electron keeping the electron from decaying into the proton.If you remove this energy you wind up with a quasi neutron....
But does a neutron not have a higher mass than a hydrogen atom, which means energy has to be added to lead to the electron "losing its momentum" to form a neutron?
Actually, he said "quasi neutron" as highlighted above.
eernie1 further wrote:making the hydrogen atom more like a neutron
And since (in his description) the quasi neutron is actually a proton and an electron together (mini-atom?), there needs be no "beta" decay. The electron is there to carry off the energy via "internal conversion" which AFAIK is instantaneous by comparison to beta decay.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

NNDC data reads:

rest mass of hydrogen atom = 1 007825.03207 au

rest mass of neutron = 1 008664.91574 au

meaning...

hydrogen atom -> neutron == energy has to be put in

neutron -> hydrogen atom == energy is released

In any case ('qausi-neutron' or whatever), an electron orbiting an H in the lowest energy state is exactly that LOWEST ENERGY STATE!! Move it either way and you must be moving AWAY FROM THE LOWEST ENERGY STATE.

Is there some part of scientifically using the word 'lowest' that doesn't really mean 'lowest'!!??? Doh!

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

chrismb wrote: In any case ('qausi-neutron' or whatever), an electron orbiting an H in the lowest energy state is exactly that LOWEST ENERGY STATE!! Move it either way and you must be moving AWAY FROM THE LOWEST ENERGY STATE.

Is there some part of scientifically using the word 'lowest' that doesn't really mean 'lowest'!!??? Doh!
Even scientifically, the word "lowest" can have baggage associated with it. In this instance, the baggage is "lowest"... "allowed by the Pauli Exclusion Principle". If the electron is made bosonic, the PEP doesn't apply and the "lowest" is no longer the case.

I don't kow that this happens, but my recent reading suggests it can and you haven't shown me that it can't. Just saying. :)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

chrismb wrote:NNDC data reads:

rest mass of hydrogen atom = 1 007825.03207 au

rest mass of neutron = 1 008664.91574 au

meaning...

In any case ('qausi-neutron' or whatever), an electron orbiting an H in the lowest energy state is exactly that LOWEST ENERGY STATE!! Move it either way and you must be moving AWAY FROM THE LOWEST ENERGY STATE.

Do some readings before posting. This is again a kind advice.
"lowest" means lowest. And nothing else.
And please teach me the least exotic way of reverse transition of proton into neutron with energy absorption.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Joseph Chikva wrote:And please teach me the least exotic way of reverse transition of proton into neutron with energy absorption.
The most common way in the universe is by fusing two protons together, and one then emits a positron by the weak force arising from the excess energy from that fusion reaction.

The conversion of a proton to a neutron is, quite simply, the commonest fusion reaction in the universe, yet you are so grand and mighty that you don't even know that simple, elementary fact.

As I have pointed out repeatedly, you demonstrate a total lack of understanding of fusion, for example stating that Gamow tunnelling isn't necessary and other stupid, idiotic, rubbish like that, so you really should just give up on any hope of respect from anyone here.

But this is not the point. The point is why the freak, Mr Chikrashwilly, is not yet banned after telling me; 'fцcк уоця мотнзя', or however he might want to write it in the local script of the scumbagville that he has oozed out of.

seedload

Post by seedload »

chrismb wrote:But this is not the point. The point is why the freak, Mr Chikrashwilly, is not yet banned after telling me; '**** **** Mother', or however he might want to write it in the local script of the scumbagville that he has oozed out of.
He said that he would do the same thing to the mothers of your friends. I don't consider you a friend, but since he just called you my 'beloved' he certainly did. He said that bleep about my mother too!

And, while some weak excuse or another about losing his mind because you and him were going at it so ridiculously hard could be imagined for his actions regarding you, it can't be used in regards to me.

I treated Joseph reasonably, speaking my mind, but not attacking him personally in any way and he feels free to talk about bleeping my mother.

Hopefully, less impotent moderation will be applied in this case.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

chrismb wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:And please teach me the least exotic way of reverse transition of proton into neutron with energy absorption.
The most common way in the universe is by fusing two protons together, and one then emits a positron by the weak force arising from the excess energy from that fusion reaction.

The conversion of a proton to a neutron is, quite simply, the commonest fusion reaction in the universe, yet you are so grand and mighty that you don't even know that simple, elementary fact.

As I have pointed out repeatedly, you demonstrate a total lack of understanding of fusion, for example stating that Gamow tunnelling isn't necessary and other stupid, idiotic, rubbish like that, so you really should just give up on any hope of respect from anyone here.

But this is not the point. The point is why the freak, Mr Chikrashwilly, is not yet banned after telling me; 'fцcк уоця мотнзя', or however he might want to write it in the local script of the scumbagville that he has oozed out of.
So, Big Bang and something like that: Large Hadrone Collider, electron-positrone collider, etc. Thanks. Not exotic when person says:

:)
Neutrons decay with the help of what? With the help nothing.
About
lack of understanding of fusion, for example stating that Gamow tunnelling isn't necessary
academic Arcimovich - the father of Soviet fusion program said that plasma physics is based on classic theory and not on quantum. Form quantum should be taken only some numbers - such as fusion cross section. I am not sure that you understand fusion better than Arcimovich.
All kind of speculations about Gamov tunneling, Higgs Boson and other very interesting but less useful things are conducting by amateurs. You need to achieve proper combination of collision energy, number density and confinement time. Who is interested in more for fusion can not speak about someone's lack of understanding of fusion
About why I am not banned saying 'fцcк уоця мотнзя'.
Perhaps because you are not banned too saying Mr. Arse earlier. And the saying that all was well stated.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

seedload wrote:
chrismb wrote:But this is not the point. The point is why the freak, Mr Chikrashwilly, is not yet banned after telling me; '**** **** Mother', or however he might want to write it in the local script of the scumbagville that he has oozed out of.
He said that he would do the same thing to the mothers of your friends. I don't consider you a friend, but since he just called you my 'beloved' he certainly did. He said that bleep about my mother too!

And, while some weak excuse or another about losing his mind because you and him were going at it so ridiculously hard could be imagined for his actions regarding you, it can't be used in regards to me.

I treated Joseph reasonably, speaking my mind, but not attacking him personally in any way and he feels free to talk about bleeping my mother.

Hopefully, less impotent moderation will be applied in this case.
You did not understand my English.
was all well understood this time?