10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

polyill@sparky0007

I am sorry, man, but the hose at the pump end seems to have the same restraint as at the E-Cat inlet.
Here is the connection I am referring to. There is another similar at the pump end. Image

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Luzr wrote:
polyill wrote:@Giorgio

Ok. Thank you for the info.I guess we are back to where we started.

1. Why is the thermocouple in the canister and not close to the inlet?
2. Why the double insulation between the pump and the inlet?

@sparky0007

I am sorry, man, but the hose at the pump end seems to have the same restraint as at the E-Cat inlet.
Sorry, but this is sort of pointless. It is too obvious. If e-cat is a scam, there are much better ways how to achieve that.
Couldn't agree more, lets move on.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

sparkyy0007 wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOIJXDZXB3g

The generator is either 1500W or 2000W, can't tell the model # but the largest they sell to my knowledge is 2kW.

http://onecall.farnell.com/earlex/ss125 ... dp/TL13941

The mass of the steam from this generator is about 3.2 kg/h.
Now here is a neat little experiment "we" can run if anyone has, or knows someone who has, such a stripper. Set it to running at full tilt. Insert a seperator in the line. Get a hose/pipe outlet with a diameter that is proportional to the square root of the proported power ratios {{Dex= 13*(2kW/5kW)^.5}} and video the output against a black T-shirt. The outlet should look very similar, velocity-wise.

Anyone?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Rossi keeps saying "chimney". Might that be a language barrier thing and what he really means is moisture seperator?

Tech

Post by Tech »

From their FB page:

Andrea Rossi
June 22nd, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Dear Jon Soderberg: ......... yesterday the research contract with the University of Bologna has been signed.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Someone asked:
which means? the university will get it's ownE-CAT to poke and test?

And the reply was:
Yes you're right. And they are free to publish all sort of results, both positive and negative.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:Rossi keeps saying "chimney". Might that be a language barrier thing and what he really means is moisture seperator?
Superconducting nanotube :)

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Tech wrote:From their FB page:

Andrea Rossi
June 22nd, 2011 at 1:26 AM

Dear Jon Soderberg: ......... yesterday the research contract with the University of Bologna has been signed.
Warm Regards,
A.R.

Someone asked:
which means? the university will get it's ownE-CAT to poke and test?

And the reply was:
Yes you're right. And they are free to publish all sort of results, both positive and negative.
Perhaps Giorgio can get more info on the contract now.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Kahuna wrote:Perhaps Giorgio can get more info on the contract now.
I just made a phone call and the news was a news also for him.
He will check and let me know.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

KitemanSA wrote:Rossi keeps saying "chimney". Might that be a language barrier thing and what he really means is moisture seperator?
Chimney is the Italian translation of "camino", in engineering slang this is what we call here any part of a machine/apparatus where the smoke/steam collects before being evacuated.
I doubt anyone here in Italy could use the word chimney as a substitute (or an inclusive) for moisture separator.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

The news about the research contract is confirmed.
I will try to get the details tomorrow as I will be near there for work.

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

KitemanSA wrote: Now here is a neat little experiment "we" can run if anyone has, or knows someone who has, such a stripper. Set it to running at full tilt. Insert a seperator in the line. Get a hose/pipe outlet with a diameter that is proportional to the square root of the proported power ratios {{Dex= 13*(2kW/5kW)^.5}} and video the output against a black T-shirt. The outlet should look very similar, velocity-wise.

Anyone?
I have all the equipment to do the experiment, I just have very little time, but I was thinking the same thing. The power input can be easily modulated (no need for a splitter) by a variable DC supply, have this too. If I do it I will post the result...hmmm..will I need to publish first...
I wonder if this demo is the same as the others. I saw another video a while back where the hose was in the sink and there seemed to be a lot more steam but I can't find it again.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

Giorgio wrote:The news about the research contract is confirmed.
I will try to get the details tomorrow as I will be near there for work.
Thanks G for your efforts on this. IMHO, this is probably the most important E-Cat related activity going on. After the Krivit brouhaha, I suspect that UoB will be motivated to do thorough, accurate and transparent testing of the device and report it w/o bias or BS. I beleive it will be a matter of professional and institutional reputation for them at this point. Plus I think they have the people and expertise to do it right and will probably use them since they know a lot of folks are watching (very closely).

Also, if you could check on the involvement of the Uppsala University (Sweeden) in the UoB deal. I believe at one point that Rossi said that they would be involved in the deal somehow. Perhaps just the right to data/results, but perhaps some access to the E-Cat on UoB premises for their own testing. Anyway, worth the question I think.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

sparkyy0007 wrote:I have all the equipment to do the experiment, I just have very little time, but I was thinking the same thing. The power input can be easily modulated (no need for a splitter) by a variable DC supply, have this too. If I do it I will post the result...hmmm..will I need to publish first...
Have you a hope of discovery something novelty?
You will get Nickel Hydride used for example in Energizer batteries. That's all.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

sparkyy0007 wrote:
KitemanSA wrote: Now here is a neat little experiment "we" can run if anyone has, or knows someone who has, such a stripper. Set it to running at full tilt. Insert a seperator in the line. Get a hose/pipe outlet with a diameter that is proportional to the square root of the proported power ratios {{Dex= 13*(2kW/5kW)^.5}} and video the output against a black T-shirt. The outlet should look very similar, velocity-wise.

Anyone?
I have all the equipment to do the experiment, I just have very little time, but I was thinking the same thing. The power input can be easily modulated (no need for a splitter) by a variable DC supply, have this too. If I do it I will post the result...hmmm..will I need to publish first...
I wonder if this demo is the same as the others. I saw another video a while back where the hose was in the sink and there seemed to be a lot more steam but I can't find it again.
I think this is probably the video you are looking for.

http://energycatalyzer.blogspot.com/p/video.html

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

sparkyy0007 wrote: I have all the equipment to do the experiment, I just have very little time, but I was thinking the same thing. The power input can be easily modulated (no need for a splitter) by a variable DC supply, have this too. If I do it I will post the result...hmmm..will I need to publish first...
Perhaps I didn't write clearly, perhaps you have an alternate solution.
I mentioned a "seperator". You mention a "splitter". I meant a steam dryer / moisture seperator.
I suspect that any power reduction to prevent moisture in the line would raise more questions than it prevents.