10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Kahuna wrote: Plus I think they have the people and expertise to do it right and will probably use them since they know a lot of folks are watching (very closely).
They do, and in the list of the names of the research team that I posted before there are some very expert researchers. If they will have free hand to test the e-Cat they will give a conclusive reply. On this I feel extremely confident.
Kahuna wrote: Also, if you could check on the involvement of the Uppsala University (Sweeden) in the UoB deal. I believe at one point that Rossi said that they would be involved in the deal somehow. Perhaps just the right to data/results, but perhaps some access to the E-Cat on UoB premises for their own testing. Anyway, worth the question I think.
I'll ask.

By the way, it occurred to me that tomorrow is the 23rd, and is the day of the press conference of Deflakion in Greece. They might have choose to sign the contract now so that they can give the news and the details of it at the conference tomorrow.
Maybe you will get all the info about the contract much before than me :)

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

Giorgio wrote:
Kahuna wrote: Plus I think they have the people and expertise to do it right and will probably use them since they know a lot of folks are watching (very closely).
They do, and in the list of the names of the research team that I posted before there are some very expert researchers. If they will have free hand to test the e-Cat they will give a conclusive reply. On this I feel extremely confident.
Ok, my bet on e-cat now raised to 15% ;)

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

KitemanSA wrote:
sparkyy0007 wrote: I have all the equipment to do the experiment, I just have very little time, but I was thinking the same thing. The power input can be easily modulated (no need for a splitter) by a variable DC supply, have this too. If I do it I will post the result...hmmm..will I need to publish first...
I wonder if this demo is the same as the others. I saw another video a while back where the hose was in the sink and there seemed to be a lot more steam but I can't find it again.
Perhaps I didn't write clearly, perhaps you have an alternate solution.
I mentioned a "seperator". You mention a "splitter". I meant a steam dryer / moisture seperator.
I suspect that any power reduction to prevent moisture in the line would raise more questions than it prevents.
Here is what I am thinking.
Lets give Rossi the benefit and assume the steam is completely dry exiting the ecat. The temp of the exiting steam is at best 0.1C of superheat.
The heat capacity of the steam according to Rossi's water flow of 7kg/h at 101.1 C would be( 1.94e-3 kg/s * 2.04kJ/kg*k*0.1=0.396W)
This means there has got to be condensation forming in the hose .
396mW will not maintain the hose at 100C or above which at 1atm is required to prevent condensation. Again giving Rossi the benifit I calculated in a previous post the worse case hose thermal loss, think it was 500W or so as well as a 10% overall loss to be nice. This left 2600W
that should end up coming out of the end of the hose.

Rossi indicated in the video that the steam coming from the hose was invisible because it is very hot, this proves this is not the case as superheat at that position on the steam line is impossible given the reported temperatures.
Now, if we know the steam is wet and can simulate the velocity reasonably well, we can calculate the energy leaving the hose by the the real mass flow and input power (all other losses are already accounted for)

Once we can set an upper limit on this the rest is a simple energy balance to determine the real energy.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
sparkyy0007 wrote:I have all the equipment to do the experiment, I just have very little time, but I was thinking the same thing. The power input can be easily modulated (no need for a splitter) by a variable DC supply, have this too. If I do it I will post the result...hmmm..will I need to publish first...
Have you a hope of discovery something novelty?
You will get Nickel Hydride used for example in Energizer batteries. That's all.
What are you babbling about?
Is all you have to say irrelevant grousing?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Giorgio wrote:Krivit video done during his trip in Bologna:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-8QdVwY98E
I've just 'spent' a 1/4 hour watching this. I am convinced that only 750W is going into the E-cat. Yet, amazingly, it looks like there is perhaps almost 100W of steam coming out!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

chrismb wrote:
I've just 'spent' a 1/4 hour watching this. I am convinced that only 750W is going into the E-cat. Yet, amazingly, it looks like there is perhaps almost 100W of steam coming out!
Yep....

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Giorgio wrote:
chrismb wrote:
Yep....
I have a tea pot that would put that test to shame.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

sparkyy0007 wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
chrismb wrote: I've just 'spent' a 1/4 hour watching this. I am convinced that only 750W is going into the E-cat. Yet, amazingly, it looks like there is perhaps almost 100W of steam coming out!
Yep....
I have a tea pot that would put that test to shame.
You realise this is a major breakthrough. It is clearly a high quality energy sink. Breaks physics as we know it which perhaos explains why Rossi's ideas are so weird. Imagine, trying to sell an infinite energy sink...

Perhaps the heat energy going in is being transmuted into nuclear energy?

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

What I find wierd is the claim that that whole pipe is only a 'short' length and there would be only a little condensation.

If you have a temperature of just 100C at one end of a 4 metre pipe, of almost any thermal insulation, you are going to get a lot of condensation along it, not a little.

What I thought was odd was that this pipe, supposedly carrying 100C water vapour, was cool enough that Rossi could lift it with the bare fingers of his right hand (whilst fumbling with a rag in his left).

7kg of water vapour per hour, eh? That's 7000/18 = 388 moles/hr = 0.1 moles/s STP = 2.24litres/s STP or 3 litres/s at 100C. Looked like around 1 cm^2 of hose outlet, giving an exit velocity of 30m/s. No way was that 30m/s gas coming out of that hose! It was in the range of units to 10's of cm/s , not m/s, and that's more because of thermal convection rather than pressure - it's bloody drifting out of the tube, not pushed out at 30m/s!!!!

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

raphael wrote:Yes, Rossi is not a slick presenter; an obvious and conclusive indication that RossiFusion is a total scam. Right. Got it.
Well, whatever evidence works for you. :P

For my part I haven't been convinced yet that it's a scam, although I see that hypothesis as a reasonable one, and one that ought to be taken seriously. I don't know much about mechanisms for fraud in the device, and from the evidence I've seen so far, I see nothing that tells me Rossi's operation is a scam, unless it's a simple matter of bilking hopeful private investors. I am hoping Defkalion's press conference gives me more evidence, one way or the other, on the commercial side of things.
Giorgio wrote:The news about the research contract is confirmed.
I will try to get the details tomorrow as I will be near there for work.
That's good news. Or at least promising news. I am cautiously optimistic that we will one day see the results of the research, whatever those results may be.
chrismb wrote:I've just 'spent' a 1/4 hour watching this. I am convinced that only 750W is going into the E-cat. Yet, amazingly, it looks like there is perhaps almost 100W of steam coming out!
That's 650 W unaccounted for. Do you have a hypothesis yet to account for it? :wink:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Ivy Matt wrote:
chrismb wrote:I've just 'spent' a 1/4 hour watching this. I am convinced that only 750W is going into the E-cat. Yet, amazingly, it looks like there is perhaps almost 100W of steam coming out!
That's 650 W unaccounted for. Do you have a hypothesis yet to account for it? :wink:
Amazing, isn't it! There can only be one possible answer, which is that the energy is being stored up directly as nuclear excitation in the E-cat! Clearly, the mainstream E-cat theorists are simply ignoring this hypothesis!

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

They may well lose 650W per e-Cat, but they intend to make up for it with volume. By connecting 1000 of these e-Cats together you should be able to lose 650000 Watts per e-Cat factory.
If they set up two such e-Cat factories, this new Italian solar plant would be perfect for powering them with renewable energy.

Tech

Post by Tech »

Rossi´s calculation on the speed of the steam:

"The speed in our hoses of course depends on their diameters and on the energy we produce. You can calculate yourself an example:
take a 4 kW Cat, means you have about 6 m^3/h (cubic meters per hour), then you make v=q/s, where q is the flow in cubic meters per hour, v is the speed in m/h (= meters per hour), s is the area of the section in m^2 (square meters). The section of the hose is 0.0004 m^2.
Your the calculation. (correct answer: 4.166 m/s= four point onehundred sixtysix meters per second, say four meters per second plus something). Of course must be added the expansion due to the Gay-Lussac Law (becomes around 6 m/s in total, depending on the delta T).
Warm Regards,
A.R."

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Tech wrote:Rossi´s calculation on the speed of the steam:

" The section of the hose is 0.0004 m^2."
That would mean that the hole is 22-23 mm in diameter.
It looks smaller to me, but IMBW.

Edited to fix spelling

sparkyy0007

Post by sparkyy0007 »

Tech wrote:Rossi´s calculation on the speed of the steam:

"The speed in our hoses of course depends on their diameters and on the energy we produce. You can calculate yourself an example:
take a 4 kW Cat, means you have about 6 m^3/h (cubic meters per hour), then you make v=q/s, where q is the flow in cubic meters per hour, v is the speed in m/h (= meters per hour), s is the area of the section in m^2 (square meters). The section of the hose is 0.0004 m^2.
Your the calculation. (correct answer: 4.166 m/s= four point onehundred sixtysix meters per second, say four meters per second plus something). Of course must be added the expansion due to the Gay-Lussac Law (becomes around 6 m/s in total, depending on the delta T).
Warm Regards,
A.R."
Interesting, I thought 7kg/h of water gives 11.9m^3/h of steam not 6
(7kg/h / .018kg/mol) *.0224m^3/mol *(373/273) = 11.9

3.53kg water gives 6m^3 at 100C
Didn't they say 7kg/h or maybe I am mistaken?

To take 3.53kg of water at 26.5 C to vapor at 100C takes 2517W.

22.5mm ID pipe , not sure if I buy that but who knows.