10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
ScottL wrote:Joseph,

What does Oppenheimer-Phillips have to do with your comprehension of english? I'm talking about your english comprehension level and you're mentioning a nuclear reaction process?! My post topic is solely that you do not understand english very well and I think this proves my point.
What point you have?
I already know that my English is bad, thanks.
Amazing.... :roll:

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

What point you have?
That is my point. People say something, you misunderstand, and then attack them for your misunderstanding. It's cyclical and has gotten very old on the forums now. If you know your english is bad, then take the time to understand a remark before responding would be my advice.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ScottL wrote:
What point you have?
That is my point. People say something, you misunderstand, and then attack them for your misunderstanding. It's cyclical and has gotten very old on the forums now. If you know your english is bad, then take the time to understand a remark before responding would be my advice.
Your point is wrong.
As my English is not so bad and I can understand if the talk is about fusion or about some other technical things with which I am well familiar.
Only people discussing pain in someone's ass and thinking that discussing fusion have the same point as you have.
Unfortunately the number of such people is high.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

As a native english speaker, if I can't understand you (I can't really), it's highly unlikely you can understand me or other native speakers. Like-wise it has been pointed out a couple of times that word meanings may be different with regard to which country you are coming from, but you ignore this. My point is correct, you misunderstand and likely could use some english courses.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ScottL wrote:As a native english speaker, if I can't understand you (I can't really), it's highly unlikely you can understand me or other native speakers.
Read Charles Dickens and others.
What are you doing here? :)

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

What are you doing here?
I can read Chinese Pinyin, but that doesn't mean I understand it all. As to what I'm doing here, I don't think that is relevant to the discussion of your english comprehension.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

ScottL wrote:As a native english speaker, if I can't understand you (I can't really), it's highly unlikely you can understand me or other native speakers. Like-wise it has been pointed out a couple of times that word meanings may be different with regard to which country you are coming from, but you ignore this. My point is correct, you misunderstand and likely could use some english courses.
I disagree with that. Reading and writing are two completely different things.

Take you OWN language, english, for example. I am sure you can read many books and understand what they say and mean. But you wouldnt be able to write those same things, not so clearly, nor express your ideas like that author made, so well.

Lets reduce the threshold and instead of comparing an english author to a common native english speaker, we will compare a common english speaker, with a foreign.
the foreign can understand completely what an english speaker writes, and at the same time, not be able to write his own ideas that well.

in my own example, I am not sure I used the word threshold in the correct manner. I may have used it wrongly and the sentence may not make much sense. But I certainly DO understand sentences written by native english speaker, using the word threshold.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

AcesHigh wrote:
ScottL wrote:As a native english speaker, if I can't understand you (I can't really), it's highly unlikely you can understand me or other native speakers. Like-wise it has been pointed out a couple of times that word meanings may be different with regard to which country you are coming from, but you ignore this. My point is correct, you misunderstand and likely could use some english courses.

Take you OWN language, english, for example. I am sure you can read many books and understand what they say and mean. But you wouldnt be able to write those same things, not so clearly, nor express your ideas like that author made, so well.

Lets reduce the threshold and instead of comparing an english author to a common native english speaker, we will compare a common english speaker, with a foreign.
the foreign can understand completely what an english speaker writes, and at the same time, not be able to write his own ideas that well.

in my own example, I am not sure I used the word threshold in the correct manner. I may have used it wrongly and the sentence may not make much sense. But I certainly DO understand sentences written by native english speaker, using the word threshold.
I can concede cases where your argument could be true, but Joseph has already provided ample evidence that he misunderstands comments by posters and then attacks them for it. When the smoke clears, we usually see a confusion by the original poster and an incoherent retort by Joseph. I just don't believe your argument above is the case with Joseph.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

ScottL wrote:
AcesHigh wrote:

I can concede cases where your argument could be true, but Joseph has already provided ample evidence that he misunderstands comments by posters and then attacks them for it. When the smoke clears, we usually see a confusion by the original poster and an incoherent retort by Joseph. I just don't believe your argument above is the case with Joseph.
well, ok, I am talking generally (from the position of a non native english speaker), not about Joseph in particular.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Only one other non native english speaking user ever was comparably hard to understand and be understood by as Chikva, and that user (jaiii) wasn't also oblivious to said babel effects.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ScottL wrote:
What are you doing here?
I can read Chinese Pinyin, but that doesn't mean I understand it all. As to what I'm doing here, I don't think that is relevant to the discussion of your english comprehension.
If you do not understand I'd try to explain once again:
Georgio tries to defend the “different point of view” of person who supposes Oppenheimer-Phillips reaction for conditions typical for fusion.

I am not attacking on people defended this point.
But only enlist them in other league.
As for example for D-T fuel Oppenheimer-Phillips reaction means the birth of hydrogen nucleus with three neutrons.
Now understand?

vankirkc

Post by vankirkc »

Mr. Chikva is Dan's Ni62. He sucks the energy right out of every thread he jumps into.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

vankirkc wrote:Mr. Chikva is Dan's Ni62. He sucks the energy right out of every thread he jumps into.
At least he tries to understand.
Others long and tiresomely try to defend nonsenses with good English.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote:Georgio tries to defend the “different point of view” of person who supposes Oppenheimer-Phillips reaction for conditions typical for fusion.
Actually no, but repeating myself is quite useless considering that you find any attempt to explain the positions of others as an offence.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS (and they will eventually go away).