BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Re: BLP news

Post by GIThruster »

Well do be fair. When he disappears he puts dozens of people to work and he presents every year on the results. I think he's presented to the American Chemical Society every year for more than two decades. Then again, they're not the ones who want to burn him as a heretic.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I am not against him presenting his ideas, after all his ideas could also be true.
But is also true (as Skipjack remembered us) that is typical behavior till now has been to offer amazing claims on commercial products always before a financing round, just to send them in a limbo right after taking the money...
This behavior (to me) brings also prejudice to his ideas.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

11/18/15 BlackLight Power, Inc. has changed its name to Brilliant Light Power, Inc.

LOL

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Skipjack wrote:11/18/15 BlackLight Power, Inc. has changed its name to Brilliant Light Power, Inc.

LOL
I thought you was joking, than I went to check their website..... Maybe they want to convert their activity in a light bulb factory.
Honestly this is the funniest thing I read in 2015 :mrgreen:

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

well, think about it, they probably had a problem with people thinking they were makers of those ultraviolet lights for nightclubs

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

AcesHigh wrote:well, think about it, they probably had a problem with people thinking they were makers of those ultraviolet lights for nightclubs
:lol:

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

On Jan. 28, 2016 there was a public demonstration. Dr. Mills displayed, described, and demonstrated operation of the critical elements of what is going to be the final design of a 250 kWe power unit. Mills claims the first commercial units will be shipped at the beginning of 2017. I have to say if it's baloney then it is prime, first rate Kobe baloney. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PYe-4090g.

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

It's no longer and IF, it simply is nothing. According to these releases, the commercial units for his original design would've been available for the last 10 years or so. I don't know of a single place I can go and buy one.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Ah, an arc lamp! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_lamp
Makes light which you can convert to electrical power. Nice design!

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I think he burns water with it too! A little aggressive for eggs, but you get a nice additional glow from the combusting disassociated H20. It is very reminiscent of the Perpetual Power water cookers popular a decade or so ago. As I recall, the claims were drop an arc-welder tip into a plexiglass bucket of water, put an inverted funnel over the top, and collect the gasses, then light it and claim the burning gas produced more energy than the arc welder used to fry the water. So much so that you could run a heat cycle and drive a generator that could run the arc-welder. As I recall, once unplugged from the wall, all the units failed to run.
It does make for pretty lights though...
Interesting how this go around he decided to put the "machine" in another room, and didn't weld water in front of them.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

Buh-buh-buh Science! Electrons! Black body! SILVER MATRIX!!! Obviously it's legit!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

nferguso wrote:On Jan. 28, 2016 there was a public demonstration. Dr. Mills displayed, described, and demonstrated operation of the critical elements of what is going to be the final design of a 250 kWe power unit. Mills claims the first commercial units will be shipped at the beginning of 2017. I have to say if it's baloney then it is prime, first rate Kobe baloney. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PYe-4090g.
If I remember correctly they sucked in 15 to 16 million$ in late 2014 in their last financing round. If they are already looking for money it means that they had quite an high cash burning rate without even having realized a working prototype. Brilliant indeed!!
I wonder if they succeeded in ripping more money also this time.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Mills does seem to have discovered a new energy source. What the demo does not show is actual generation of electricity so of course the actual COP is not known. Mills says they have not even designed a PV collector but are contracting it out.
Even if we didn't know his history, talking about commercial units for sale in 2017 is too optimistic. It will take at least a year to design and build a good prototype and then this should be tested for a year to find out the problems, before designing the commercial version.
Rossi has had a commercial prototype running for almost a year on trial. That is a significant difference.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Mills makes the same presentation every year or so to raise money, and says the same thing each time. The only thing he does different is change the light show, and occasionally relabels something. He has been doing this for years.
If you want to provide solid evidence to back up your assertion that he has discovered a new energy source, then fire away. To date, Mills has provided no proof, just like Rossiclown.

I would also remind you that this is not the "first" commercial sales ready prototype "test" that Rossi has done. If fact, it appears based on available evidence that this is another recycle of the Milan shipping container, which has supposedly been sold numerous times.

So where is the Milan box? Why don't you ask Rossiclown directly Parallel? It should make for an entertaining answer.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

ladajo,
To think the BLP demo was the same as before just shows how stupid you are.

The Industrial Heat 1 MW plant is not the same. It uses 4 x 250 kW units. According to Mats Lewan the original demo 1 MW plant did find a home. I would rather believe a credible tech reporter than an anonymous troll like you.