BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Re: BLP news

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Yes, I thought Weir and EEStor had something. Obviously they didn't have what they claimed. I know very little about capacitors and based this belief on what a few people said rather than following and understanding the development in detail.
Well, you always believe that someone has something regardless of the fact that they don't have any proof of what they claim to have.
Additionally you know very little not only about Capacitors, but also about QM, traditional Chemistry, Plasma physics and a plethora of other subjects that make you unable to judge not only this technology as a whole, but even the single elements that compose it.
I told you several times before. Get an education on these subjects and discuss with relevant arguments and not with useless and idiotic link-and-run posts.
parallel wrote:The LENR case is quite different.
No is not.
But of course I bet that this time you refrained from investing any money into it, didn't you? :roll:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

based this belief on what a few people said rather than following and understanding the development in detail.
Does this mean you are now willing to say that EESTOR is full of shit?
The LENR case is quite different.
Uhh, ... not really. Punted promises, secret sauce, and failed replications galore...
I have been following the development closely and there have been hundreds of experiments by different people and many peer reviewed papers published about it.
Based on your drive=by postings and failure to actually read and think critically about what you post, I would say no again.
Especially the part about "hundreds of experiments" and "many peer reviewed papers published" bit. Not really. And, most have either beed shown to be fatally flawed, or self-admitted failures to replicate or reproduce.
Rossi says a second independent three day test of the QuarkX has been successfully completed and so it looks like he is on course to make an announcement about it late February.
And this doesn't relate to "what a few people said" how?
I see Russian Nuclear Physicist Vitaly Uzikov has congratulated him on it.
So what, and are you sure the poster is not a Rossi Sock Puppet or Meat Puppet?
BLP also seem to be on course for later in the year. so 2017 should be interesting.
Ah yes, my next series of Parallel quotes will address your continued faith in BLP since 2009. I suspect it will be more fun than your EESTOR quotes...
Do you see a pattern yet Parallel? Or will you have to wait again until next year to see it?

Moo!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

papapoe

Post by papapoe »

The peddlers of EEStor's disruptive scam stories either are liars or have amnesia. This comment is an outright LIE,
"There never was an official delivery date, mainly a leaked conversation from Weir saying he expected to deliver in the fourth quarter"
This is from the CEO of Zenn, Ian Clifford,

Q & A with Ian Clifford CEO of Zenn Motors: EEStor to Publicly Prove its Technology Imminently
"So in 2010 certainly we should be able to see some of this?
Yes, absolutely. It will be clearly be demonstrated around the world in 2010 and commercialization is really jus ta question of how quickly EEStor ramps. We believe well be able to sell everything they can produce. There’s no question there."

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

parallel wrote:Rossi says a second independent three day test of the QuarkX has been successfully completed ...
So, who did the test, and where is the paper on what exactly they did and its results?

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

Let's suppose your name is Scott Pruitt. A month from now you'll be sitting at your desk as the EPA administrator, cutting out your first paper doily of the day, when the deputy administrator comes into the office with a report. He had sent investigators to check out news of an astonishing new power generator. News stories claimed that the devices generated hundreds of kilowatts of electricity while consuming trivial amounts of fuel. The devices are called "Suncells", manufactured by Brilliant Light Power.
Your investigators had visited the laboratory where Suncells were designed and built, and had inspected production prototypes set up in the field. One of the latter was heating a grocery store in Camden; another was powering a car wash in Toms River. A third unit had been undergoing tests at Rowan University. The investigators talked to scientists who had also examined the devices. They questioned the store managers and staff. (BTW the stores had been unhooked from the grid for over a month.) They examined the Suncells, their installation and running. Bottom line: the investigators are convinced that the claimed performance is real.
Oh, one other thing. The inventor of the Suncells, who has a substantial scientific resume, says that they produce significant quantities of a chemical byproduct that is unknown to science, impossible to create according to accepted physics, and that it is very difficult to contain.
My question to you, Mr. EPA Administrator, is what will you do?
What I would do is:
(1) first use all the authority of my position to instantly halt operation of all Suncells in the lab and in the field. (It might or might not require a temporary injunction; if needed, it would probably take an hour to find a federal judge who would give us one.) The necessary orders would be delivered by phone and by courier from the nearest EPA office to Brilliant Light Power managers.
(2) I would call the White House to ask for an emergency appointment to brief the President, ASAP.
(3) I would dispatch emergency crews in full HAZMAT attire to establish physical control of the devices, maybe including their transfer to isolated, highly secure laboratory facilities. I would take control of the laboratory and other facilities where they were developed, and seal them. With the possibility that personnel might be contaminated with hazardous materials, I might be authorized to, and choose to detain all such personnel until the risk could be assessed.
Unfortunately, at this point I very much fear the goverment would proceed to move with due deliberation, using their top people, to ascertain whether or not the devices produced chemical byproducts, whether the chemicals could be accurately identified, and whether they are hazardous.
With due deliberation. By top people. Top People.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

From the BLP website, in case anyone is interested in attending (and maybe asking some pointed questions):
By request, we have agreed to run a 3rd, updated event in our Roadshow series at ABM Industries Irvine, California location on February 28th from 2-4pm PST. For the first time we will have some limited space for interested parties to attend due to the size of the venue. Please contact pallison@brilliantlightpower.com if you would like to attend for details.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

nferguso wrote: With due deliberation. By top people.
Who?

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

You might try asking Professor Henry Jones at Marshall College. I think he has their contact information.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

nferguso wrote:You might try asking Professor Henry Jones at Marshall College.
I am still trying to figure out if you are making some kind of joke here or if you are being serious.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Giorgio wrote:
nferguso wrote:You might try asking Professor Henry Jones at Marshall College.
I am still trying to figure out if you are making some kind of joke here or if you are being serious.
His dogs name was Indiana Jones
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

nferguso wrote:You might try asking Professor Henry Jones at Marshall College. I think he has their contact information.
Good one, I too noted the "top people" comment...

Made me smile.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

"Who?" was Jone's reply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdjf4lMmiiI

Very entertaining movie.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

A new BLP patent application, if anyone wants a look (117 pages long):

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Pars ... 0170070180

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

https://fcnp.com/2017/04/27/great-energ ... ts-course/
... Two weeks ago, the Brilliant Light announced that they now have automated the energy-producing reaction inside a SunCell using digital controls. By eliminating the need for manual control of the reaction and closing up the reaction chamber, the SunCell should be able to run for extended periods and be ready for reliability testing shortly. ...
But also:
The surprise news is that the company now plans to build and lease a “thermal” version of the SunCell before the electricity generating version is ready for deployment. The decision to focus initially on a device that will produce steam, hot air, and hot water ...
Sigh. Where have we heard this before.
... before the more complex and expensive “photovoltaic” version suggests that the first commercial versions of the device could be available next year – if, of course, the reliability testing goes well.
Ah well. Wish I could believe it.