BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Skipjack

Re: BLP news

Post by Skipjack »

ScottL wrote:Come on already. He has been peddling this same shit for the last 10 years to potential investors. Every year he says he's a year away from a commercial product and every year, for the last 10+ years, that goal post moves. Give it a rest already. It's vaporware.
So far the goal post (much to my surprise) has not moved, at least not since July. Their devices are getting more and more elaborate, which I find interesting. If nothing else, he certainly has invented quite an interesting new type of lightbulb ;)
I am still quite sure it is nonsense, but he seems to have changed his game a bit lately. It will be interesting to watch how things will continue next year.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

While I'm not holding my breath (or investing) there is always the possibility that they've (finally?) come up with something real. As others have said on other similar topics, however, I'll believe it when a sample device can be truly independently verified (assuming the latest 'independent verification' isn't actually independent).

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

krenshala wrote:While I'm not holding my breath (or investing) there is always the possibility that they've (finally?) come up with something real.
No, they've never had anything, and they've still got nothing. Life's too short to waste on that nonsense.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

JohnP wrote:
krenshala wrote:While I'm not holding my breath (or investing) there is always the possibility that they've (finally?) come up with something real.
No, they've never had anything, and they've still got nothing. Life's too short to waste on that nonsense.
I've never said they have anything, past or present. I'm just saying its possible the recent change is because they discovered something. I don't think they have, and I would advise anyone that they haven't, but it is a possibility.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I currently look at it like a science fiction story. When you do that, it is kind of entertaining ;)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yup.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Brilliant Light Power will be staging roadshow events on December 6th in Washington DC at the offices of Fried, Frank, Harris, Schriver & Jacobson LLC at 801 17th St NW, #600, Washington, DC, 20006 and London, England on December 15th. The company will present the SunCell® commercial prototype design, SunCell® commercialization timetable and Go-To-Market strategy to an audience of partners, customers and suppliers.
http://brilliantlightpower.com/brillian ... -roadshow/

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Seems like none of their former investors are willing to put anything inside the company anymore and in a move to find more idiots (I mean investors) they now resort to travel to the biggest pork barrel market in USA :roll:
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Carl White wrote:
Brilliant Light Power will be staging roadshow events on December 6th in Washington DC at the offices of Fried, Frank, Harris, Schriver & Jacobson LLC at 801 17th St NW, #600, Washington, DC, 20006 and London, England on December 15th. The company will present the SunCell® commercial prototype design, SunCell® commercialization timetable and Go-To-Market strategy to an audience of partners, customers and suppliers.
http://brilliantlightpower.com/brillian ... -roadshow/
Heh, why does P.T.Barnum come to mind, I wonder? :roll:

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I would also offer they have seen what Rossiclown did as far as "increasing complexity".
It is all about the 'razzle-dazzle'.
It has worked for millennia, why should it stop now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW3MIixEps4
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

Liar ladajo will get increasingly desperate as the arrival of a commercial reactor nears.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

parallel wrote:Liar ladajo will get increasingly desperate as the arrival of a commercial reactor nears.
What reactor? So far, Rossi has had three or four different ones and none of them have actually done anything. Nobody is desperate, except possibly Rossi and his employees/partners.

parallel

Post by parallel »

krenshal
"What reactor? So far, Rossi has had three or four different ones and none of them have actually done anything. Nobody is desperate, except possibly Rossi and his employees/partners"

Rossi had a 1 MW reactor work for a year. The ERV (independent referee) said it worked well. Official verdict has to wait for the court.
That reactor looks like it has been superseded by the QuarkX to some extent although Rossi may be making some of the old design too. Rossi's forecast is that he hopes to make it public in February 2017 with commercial reactors later in 2017.

I suppose it has been too difficult for you to follow the links from BLP that I provided. It looks like they are on track with meetings in Washington & London in December. Their forecast was for a working prototype mid 2017 and a production prototype at the end of the year.

Brilouin also forcast a commercial device next year.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I heard this last year, the year before, the year before that. the year before that year before that. :roll:
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

paperburn1 wrote:I heard this last year, the year before, the year before that. the year before that year before that. :roll:
References? Or do you mean you heard that 2017 would be the year, for many years now?

I bet you really like the Tokamak promises.