BLP news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Re: BLP news

Post by paperburn1 »

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but: Director at DARPA Dr. Turner..... I do not ever recall his name as a director

Now there was a novel that I read once that used a DR. Turner at Darpa and he was a director... hmm
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

paperburn,
Someone can correct me if I am wrong but: Director at DARPA Dr. Turner....
Even your fellow troll liar ladajo saw the email to Krivit. He cherry picked parts of it yesterday.
I assume you will believe a troll even though he lies.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

See: http://newenergytimes.com/v2/sr/RossiEC ... -mails.pdf

Dr. Tether

Now it would be great to move discussions specific to Andrea Rossi back into the other thread and keep this one on BLP.

parallel

Post by parallel »

JoeP
I couldn't agree more. THis thread should be about BLP.
Also I see it was Dr.Tether not Dr. Turner.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Anybody really interested in BLP, Mills's theories and the SunCell should read this book
"Randell Mills and the Search for Hydrino Energy"
https://www.amazon.com/Randell-Mills-Se ... merReviews

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Ok that makes sense , wrong name. I hope I don't grow old and bitter.

Ok what would be a good read to catch me up on BLP that I do not have to pay for. (cheap old man disease)
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I would recommend a good Marvel Comic, especially one with Ironman in it.

Hey Parallel, I see you still can't prove Rossi has anything. So now you are trying to prove BLP has something? Standing by for Proof (but not holding my breath).

Give it up old man; and understand that engineers are not scientists, and scientists are not engineers.
Engineers want to measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, and cut with a chainsaw. Scientists want to cut with a chainsaw, mark with chalk, and then measure with a micrometer. See, it is a fundamentally a different approach.

And, you wouldn't know a good experimental protocol if it bit your ass. I base this conclusion in your repeated failures to identify unsound research methodology.

"Here lies Parallel, a Rossiclown Believer, May God have Mercy on his tortured unfulfilled soul"

"Here lies Rossiclown, Scammer until the End." (Pun intended).

Moo!
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

The saga of Brilliant Light Power has reached its apex. (It's culminating! It's culminating!) In a conference on October 26, Dr. Randell Mills and several industry partners presented the design and prototype of an energy generation device that is scheduled to go to field testing early next year. It has been promised for many years, with many false starts. But if it is ever going to be, this has to be it.
A cover story in "Chemical and Engineering News", by way of "Scientific American" discusses the device. https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ld-exist1/
The conference videos are on youtube. Presenters include Dr. Mills, an environmentalist (of course), several scientific validators, representatives of the CPVC manufacturer and the product engineering company partners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJo833 ... mSphBIp4ye
Videos of bench tests of the reactor at various design stages are also available. What they truly show, who can tell? http://brilliantlightpower.com/plasma-video/
I can't help but be impressed by what looks like a terrific work of engineering. A dome of concentrator photovoltaic cells generate electricity from 2000 sun intensity light radiated from a graphite dome. The dome is heated by hard UV radiation from a self-sustained plasma within. The plasma is fed by hydrogen and a reactant and triggered by two molten silver streams that form electrodes through which a jolt of current is passed. (Molten silver electrodes are used because tungsten electrodes immediately melt.)
The claimed chemistry is farfetched to say the least. If it is finally revealed as a crock, it has to be one of the most compleat scientific humbugs ever. BUT IT COULD JUST BE TRUE!
Because of the flimflamminess of the alternate energy field and the years of broken promises by Mills, it's very difficult to hold a slight hope for this technology. Yet if it IS true, the whole CAGW boondoggle just goes POOF!

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I predict there will be yet another engineering or marketing delay...

Human history is replete with charlatans who performed, at the time, incomprehensible magic shows to part fools from their money. Why do we think that the profession of charlatan has predominantly gone away. It would seem it is alive and well, and the magic shows have improved as technology has improved.

It could be that Mills is seeking one last 'mega' round of funding so he can relocate into a happy independently wealthy non-extradition retirement. While this option seems not to fit the ego driven charlatan character model, it has occurred on occasion.

I wonder if Mills has a stethoscope?
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

parallel

Post by parallel »

"Brilliant Light Power will be staging roadshow events on December 6th in Washington DC at the offices of Fried, Frank, Harris, Schriver & Jacobson LLC at 801 17th St NW, #600, Washington, DC, 20006 and London, England on December 15th. The company will present the SunCell® commercial prototype design, SunCell® commercialization timetable and Go-To-Market strategy to an audience of partners, customers and suppliers."

Above are details of liar ladajo's forecast delay.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Parallel, please mark the date on your calendar. "1 December, 2016".
Let us see how many and what BLP has sold to use by 1 December, 2017.

Would you care to make a prediction?

I will, "zero". And, you can quote me on that.

What say you Parallel?

Moo!

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

A demonstration of fantastic claims needs very accessable examination of the methods and design of a test article by skeptical experts to be convincing.

From a theoretical standpoint, the lack of spectroscopic absorption or emmision lines as the electrons jump to the lower energy state are not demonstrated.

The ground state of the electrons in the lowest energy orbitals well established and supported by spectroscopic findings. This does not mean that the electron can not be pushed to lower orbits- closer to the nucleus, but this requires energy, it is endothermic. Perhaps the best example of this is degenerate matter in White Dwarf stars. They are much more dense and represent closer packing of electrons, but this is not an energy releasing mechanism in the aging star. The energy comes from the gravitational potential energy as the star shrinks. If you could take a s lump of the white dwarf star and remove it from the gravity well that maintains the volume, it would presumably rapidly expand to lower potential energy state- the normal ground state of the electrons, with the release of exothermic energy- the reverse of what is claimed by BLP. The Pauli exclusion principal is what limits further contraction of the electron orbits, at least up to the Chandrasekhar limit. Here the electron orbits can be so close to the nucleus that they join with protons to form neutron stars or even black holes. Again this does not release energy it is the conversion of gravitational potential energy to stored energy in the neutron star matter. And again, if some of this matter could be removed from the gravitational prison, it would expand to the lowest energy ground state- normal matter seen everywhere (with well established spectroscopic characteristics).

It is sort of like the nuclear binding energy curve. There is a potential energy minimum with higher internal energy states on either side of the ground state. Higher internal energy states means you have to input energy to get there. I again invoke very established spectroscopic evidence to define this minimal energy ground state for electron orbit of very many elements in very many energy states. BLP would need to demonstrate the falseness of this huge body of measurements to support their theory.

A demonstration is a substitute, which would then require rethinking of accepted physics. As such, as I originally said, such a demonstration must be very rigorously tested by multiple independent (and competent) researchers. A demonstration which may or may not be valid can only generate interestand perhaps generate further research. Further investigation is difficult without full disclosure and access by the originater.

Another standpoint is to consider the consequences of the claims. If the claims would most likely change the working of the universe, then why is it not observed in nature? You can quite acceptably harvest energy by electrons falling to lower energy orbitasl through recombination, fluorescence/ phosphorescence. Or through more favorable electron sharing by atoms in a molecule or even other electron arrangements (like van der Waal forces)
and these give measurable exothermic or endothermic results which is well measured and consistent with what we see in nature.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

This does not mean that the electron can not be pushed to lower orbits- closer to the nucleus, but this requires energy, it is endothermic.
So you're saying that when an excited electron falls to the "base" state it gives up energy (a photon), but if it were to fall to an even lower (fractional) state that it would absorb energy? That doesn't sound right.
I think what Dr. Mills claims is that although electrons at the base state can't give up a quantum of energy in the normal manner, his reactor causes the electron to drop a couple of levels by a different mechanism. When the electron does go to the lower level, it gives off a lot of energy. My summary could be wrong; I'm not a chemist.
The roadshow events are expected to be similar to the Industry Day event - plans, specifications, slides, videos, maybe display of production prototype components and assemblies. There is no mention of working reactors, yet.
The plan is to send complete prototype production units out for field testing in 2017 Q1. I can't imagine a more convincing demonstration than that.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

nferguso wrote:
This does not mean that the electron can not be pushed to lower orbits- closer to the nucleus, but this requires energy, it is endothermic.
So you're saying that when an excited electron falls to the "base" state it gives up energy (a photon), but if it were to fall to an even lower (fractional) state that it would absorb energy? That doesn't sound right.
I think what Dr. Mills claims is that although electrons at the base state can't give up a quantum of energy in the normal manner, his reactor causes the electron to drop a couple of levels by a different mechanism. When the electron does go to the lower level, it gives off a lot of energy. My summary could be wrong; I'm not a chemist.
The roadshow events are expected to be similar to the Industry Day event - plans, specifications, slides, videos, maybe display of production prototype components and assemblies. There is no mention of working reactors, yet.
The plan is to send complete prototype production units out for field testing in 2017 Q1. I can't imagine a more convincing demonstration than that.
Nevertheless, bitter experience has taught us to await real evidence. Not wait on the edges of our seats either, or hope very much.

nferguso

Post by nferguso »

Some people just don't know how to have fun. I'll bet you don't buy Powerball tickets, either. :wink:
On a related note, I'm 67 years old, I'm solvent, and I don't have roommates. Is there any reason I should not take up smoking cigarettes?