More about EEStor

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Aero

More about EEStor

Post by Aero »

This is interesting and might explain some of the delays. If EESTOR has been waiting for this before producing, it seems like bad business to me. But to each his own.
http://theeestory.com/articles/273
And if EESTOR is the scam that many think, then this is just cranking it up.
The article reports on a May, 2010 ammendment to a 2006 patent application, here:
http://www.theeestory.com/files/11369255_20_9_10.pdf
I guess I'll wait and see, if I live that long.
Aero

davaguco

Post by davaguco »

I read about eestor ultracapacitors several years ago. Have they produced what they claimed to be able to do?

Aero

Post by Aero »

davaguco wrote:I read about eestor ultracapacitors several years ago. Have they produced what they claimed to be able to do?
Not a nickle's worth, unless their is a value for hot air. The verbiage kind of hot air, that is.
Aero

parallel

Post by parallel »

davaguco,

EEStor have not released production samples and although they never promised a precise date for that it has been inferred that their target date has slipped badly.

If seems clear that samples have been produced but what everyone is waiting for is proof that they will work as claimed at 3600 volts. Until that is demonstrated in public there are a number of skeptics who won’t believe it.

From some FOI requests about a month ago it seems that Dick Weir requested various government labs to view a demonstration, the date of which was not shown in the email. That and considering the stature of some of the people involved make it seem likely this is not a fraudulent endeavor.

Obviously the reasons for the delay are not known. The most likely causes are problems with the automated production line and that several critical patent applications have still not been granted.

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

Aero wrote:Not a nickle's worth, unless their is a value for hot air. The verbiage kind of hot air, that is.
Only if the air is hot enough to run a Stirling engine with...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Enginerd wrote:
Aero wrote:Not a nickle's worth, unless their is a value for hot air. The verbiage kind of hot air, that is.
Only if the air is hot enough to run a Stirling engine with...
Actually some Stirling engines just need 5 to 7 degree difference in temperature to run, so I believe all of this verbiage could indeed be usefull to run a stirling engine. Not much power to be exctracted thought :twisted:

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

More on low temperature Stirling engines, for the interested ones:

http://www.animatedengines.com/ltdstirling.shtml
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mbz5VXlhls

Quite offtopic, but interesting nevertheless.

Damon Hill

Post by Damon Hill »

Never mistake motion for actual work.

BenTC

Post by BenTC »

Damon Hill wrote:Never mistake motion for actual work.
That's why you carry a clipboard and look purposeful.
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

You can also get away with just a cell phone and the look these days.

WizWom

Post by WizWom »

Damon Hill wrote:Never mistake motion for actual work.
Joules = Newton-meters
Work = Force*Distance

The force must be positive, but, yes, it could be very, very slightly positive.

If you got all the possible work out of a 1-1/2 degree difference in, say, 1 kg of water, it would only be 1500 J.
Wandering Kernel of Happiness

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

I expect they'll do as well with their dates as Focus Fusion (three months from net power!!).
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

icarus

Post by icarus »

Subconsciously whistling past the graveyard here people?

Maybe we'll know someday soon .....

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I expect they'll do as well with their dates as Focus Fusion (three months from net power!!).
If it was Focus Fusion versus EEStor, my bet would be on FF any time. Though I would not give either a high chance of success. Lerner and co have been making some nice progress lately.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

ladajo wrote:You can also get away with just a cell phone and the look these days.
I'll have to get me a cell phone and try that.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.