Plug for A Polywell Blog & Film

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mattman

Plug for A Polywell Blog & Film

Post by mattman »

Hello Everyone,

This blog has been around since October, It has a modest 7 posts on the polywell, however, each post is a long quality one.

http://thepolywellblog.blogspot.com/

Also, if you were not already aware, this 57 minute film on the Polywell is on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HatEDkN ... re=related

The film took 6 months of a volunteers' effort. The audio sucks. So there is a 27 page film transcript (complete with sketches, diagrams, calculations, ect...). This can be downloaded here:

http://www.askmar.com/Fusion_files/2010 ... 0Ligon.pdf

Lots of good information here, you may not knew existed.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

mattman,

I just authorized your link at my blog so folks will get directed to your blog if they are interested.

Give me a personal heads up or three the next time so I can be a little faster.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Hi Matt!

Why didn't someone tell me I have dancing caterpillars living above my eyes?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Tom Ligon wrote:Hi Matt!

Why didn't someone tell me I have dancing caterpillars living above my eyes?
Aren't those referred to as Edward Teller mustaches? ;-)
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I always thought they were the result of a dirty camera lens...the thought that they are actually attached to a head! Argh!
I am thinking that they scare small children in shopping malls, alot.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

WOW! Talk about your topic drift! Polywell to eyebrows and scaring kids in three easy steps! :lol:

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Great, now I'm worried that those fast neutrons Bussard detected were actually emitted by accretion disks around Tom's eyebrows.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Tom Ligon

Post by Tom Ligon »

Unlikely.

My hair is still almost all dark brown. I have a few white hairs in my eyebrows, mostly on the right. But my beard, especially my chin area, is lousy with white hairs. Not grey ... white.

Neutron damage, I expect. I had almost no white hairs in my beard before starting with EMC2.

mattman

Can I plug this site on another thread?

Post by mattman »

Hello,

I know allot of people just copy and paste their plugs for... all kinds of promotions/startups/alternative technologies on this site. I don't want to be one of those guys.

This polywell blog & film is quality information over quantity. For example: My next planned posting is going to be a "for dumbies" review of "A general critique of internal-electrostatic confinement fusion systems" an awesome physics paper on the polywell from 1995. The idea is break down these science papers so people without a background in it can follow them.

Can I add this post to another thread to generate interest?

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Tom Ligon wrote: Neutron damage, I expect. I had almost no white hairs in my beard before starting with EMC2.
Tom, YOU may be the evidence this forum's been screaming for!

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

Tom Ligon wrote:Unlikely.

My hair is still almost all dark brown. I have a few white hairs in my eyebrows, mostly on the right. But my beard, especially my chin area, is lousy with white hairs. Not grey ... white.

Neutron damage, I expect. I had almost no white hairs in my beard before starting with EMC2.
Nah, thats just stress. My beard is the same way after four years of managing a virtual world dev company and all the attendant drama that comes with those communities. I'm just 42 and have as grey/white a beard as my 71 year old father who just survived cancer.

That is, unless LCD monitors emit neutrons...

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

My hair started turning white in my mid to late 20s.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

MSimon wrote:My hair started turning white in my mid to late 20s.
Them zoomers'll do that to you! :lol:

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:
MSimon wrote:My hair started turning white in my mid to late 20s.
Them zoomers'll do that to you! :lol:
All we have to do now is claim that a neutron flux will help you keep your hair. I'm proof positive. Heh.

If this catches on I predict a Polywell in every bathroom.