Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

AcesHigh

Re: Mach Effect progress

Post by AcesHigh »

no news either from Jim nor even from Dr White for a while.

does Paul even visits this site anymore?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Jim will have an intern this summer to help him with experiments. I expect that will move the work along more quickly.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Actually, the intern is just setting up some enhancements to the Data Acquisition System. He won't be running experiments so far as I can tell and Jim is usually in CO during the summer. I've no idea what his current plans are but he usually breaks in May.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

GIThruster wrote:Actually, the intern is just setting up some enhancements to the Data Acquisition System. He won't be running experiments so far as I can tell and Jim is usually in CO during the summer. I've no idea what his current plans are but he usually breaks in May.
Hmmm...

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Video from Woodward at NextBigFuture

I am certain Brian was reminded of Mach Effect and Woodward by my reactivation of this thread. He demonstrated several times to be aware of this forum, for updates at Mach Effect or Polywell posted here would appear 1-2 days later at NextBigFuture.

Anyway, as I posted there... the progress is sooooo slow. The amount of thrust at Polywell research right now is only a few micronewtons ...

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I am not sure that "Ancient Aliens" really helps Woodward being taken seriously by the scientific community.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I think you're right. The AA piece is really much more helpful in getting the attention of the average man. Jim's book is still the best source for people who want a real understanding of his work. Apparently its been read by quite a few engineers and physicists, some in significant positions of influence. So who knows what may develop there over the next year? Seems good he spent his summer off a couple years ago investing that way.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

well, I am SURE it doesn´t help him.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

He asked for people's thoughts before he decided to do the interview, and I was ambivalent. While I'm sure close association with AA would be a negative thing and I have advised he steer away from others of that sort, the Vimeo vid that came from it is a handy place to point people at times. For anyone with a real science background the book is still far better, but do keep in mind that entrepreneurs and investors are key to moving this work ahead, and not all those with an interest in aerospace or high tech, have science backgrounds.

I think the vid is mostly innocuous.

I'm curious, how many people reading this thread have read Jim's book?

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

GI, better if you ask this question at NextBigFuture article's comments section...

vnbt4

Post by vnbt4 »

i count as one

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

AcesHigh wrote:GI, better if you ask this question at NextBigFuture article's comments section...
GoatGuy at NBF:
One might reasonably stop here and shout… "but Goat! if the vehicle is already traveling quite fast, then the amount of kinetic energy added to the vehicle could exceed that invested in the pebble!"

This is true, but only by itself, absent considering the total energy invested to get the vehicle to the high velocity where it is a fact. The whole energy of accelerating the vehicle, and the pebbles, and the last pebble never exceeds the [E = ½MV²] equation as a whole. It can't. Its physics.
This is why I don't hang out at NBF. GG has been corrected on this several times, and yet he prefers to ignore all the energy/momentum from the gravinertial flux in his remarks. I have explained it at least 3 times that MET's are gravinertial transistors, not electrical to kinetic transducers, and yet he persists with this silly tripe. There is no reasoning with such people. Note too the utter lack of concern for working in non-inertial frames in his argument. The guy must be a high school teacher or something, and so not worth the time to correct again and again that I just can't be bothered with NBF.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

What happens to the relative velocity of the reaction mass as the ME thruster accelerates?
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

The reaction mass moves with whatever it is pushing. Not sure exactly what you're asking about. Both the reaction mass, and the active mass move with whatever they're pushing on, so they accelerate, and all calculations of MET's therefore need to take account of the non-inertial frame of reference thereby created. Another way to say this, that may answer your question is, that the relative velocity of the active mass in the thruster, is uneffected by it's acceleration and velocity as it is purely a function of the EMF generated by the active mass' E-field. And again this is why GG's analysis is incorrect. he is presuming the normal dependence but when your mass actually changes, this is the core of the seeming conservation violation. It is of course accounted for by the gravinertial flux back and forth with the rest of the universe, both retarded and advanced waves.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

By reaction mass I'm talking about the distant universe mass that the active mass in ME theory is transferring momentum to. I'm taking the high level view of an ME thruster as a device that transfers momentum to remote mass, the transitory effects occupying a fraction of a cycle being unimportant to this perspective.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.