Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

AcesHigh

Re: Mach Effect progress

Post by AcesHigh »

Thanks Betruger.

Couldn´t understand very well what was the "boots" they talk about in the paper. I remember Paul explained it somewhere in this thread, but considering the size of it, it may be lost forever lol ;)

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Do keep in mind he had a null finding. That paper was written before his warp interferometry experiment and although he reported it as "non-null" to the students gathered out in AZ, there is really nothing he could have found more null. That happened with both his first and his second laser experiment. It's really not possible for him to find anything and all it "null". Anyone with any common sense knows what he found is nothing at all.

That doesn't mean we can't warp spacetime. It just means Sonny can't warp spacetime. That's because his theory is broken. ZPF is pseudoscience.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

GIThruster wrote:Do keep in mind he had a null finding. That paper was written before his warp interferometry experiment and although he reported it as "non-null" to the students gathered out in AZ, there is really nothing he could have found more null. That happened with both his first and his second laser experiment. It's really not possible for him to find anything and all it "null". Anyone with any common sense knows what he found is nothing at all.

That doesn't mean we can't warp spacetime. It just means Sonny can't warp spacetime. That's because his theory is broken. ZPF is pseudoscience.
That is rather disappointing to hear. I guess that means that his Qthruster is also not what it was touted to be?

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

They haven't released any findings and I have had conflicting reports. You can be sure though, that had it worked, you would have heard about it. So far the only thing that really works is his fundraising.

However, there were reports of thrusts from the on/off power transients. That would be in accord with Woodward's theory. Remember, Sonny used Woodward's MLT design but used DC. The switching transients mock an AC signal for an instant, and Woodward's theory predicts they ought to produce thrust. However, for useful thrusts the off transient needs to have its sign reversed or the on and off transient thrusts will cancel each other.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

GI, but you already said ME could be used to generate the negative mass for a warp drive (as I understand, scaling the effect to a point the oscillation in the mass turns it into negative? Would however the Warp Drive be pulsing too? On-off-on-off?

Anyway, forgetting ZPF, would White´s calculations about warp geometry (oscilating the strenght of the warp field to "soften" space-time rigidness, as well as making the warp field less definite but also greatly reducing the negative mass needed) still work? Including his "boost" x initial speed?

Btw, I never thought about this before... but the transient mass in ME... pulling when it´s light, pushing when it's heavy. What happens when you turn off the system? Does the mass always returns to it´s original status? (including if it´s negative)

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

interesting enough, it seems yesterday an artist published renders of a starship based on Dr White´s concepts (he worked together with Dr White in creating the image) and the image is all over the internet
http://io9.com/heres-nasas-new-design-f ... 1588948192
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06 ... 83377.html

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5506/140 ... 5640_k.jpg

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Yeah that's very hypnotic. But also curious that he'd do this now, if his experiments are as inconclusive as GIThruster says above.

Why set up yet another disappointment in all of those same space flight enthusiasts in the public?
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Publicity means money.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Betruger wrote:Yeah that's very hypnotic. But also curious that he'd do this now, if his experiments are as inconclusive as GIThruster says above.

Why set up yet another disappointment in all of those same space flight enthusiasts in the public?
\
Mark has been working on this ship for months. I have seen it progress. He has released renderings earlier. It may just be coincidental that this has been picked up by the main stream media now.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

well, Mark may have been working on it for months, but the final renders were only released now.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

AcesHigh wrote:well, Mark may have been working on it for months, but the final renders were only released now.
No, he had been posting images on the web before.

tokamac

Post by tokamac »

Absolutely. For example this render was already there when Dr. White gave his talk at the SpaceVision 2013 conference back in November 2013:
http://youtu.be/9M8yht_ofHc?t=42m
Just scroll up to 42:00
The whole web suddenly awakens now for something that has been there for months. Weird.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

that was not the final ship. You can see he added plenty of detail (and an interior to the ship) in the last render, the one that got to the news.

it shows the final design, but still about only 80% completed compared to the last render, when the artist said "now it´s done"

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

AcesHigh wrote:that was not the final ship. You can see he added plenty of detail (and an interior to the ship) in the last render, the one that got to the news.

it shows the final design, but still about only 80% completed compared to the last render, when the artist said "now it´s done"
As it is with many projects like these, they keep going on and on and on and are never quite finished. As I said, had been published on the web before. Everything else is probably a coincidence.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

well, ok, I think there are more productive (and interesting) things to discuss about Dr Sonny White's experiments (oh, I wish Paul March could come here and say anything... but there is a disclosure contract, right??) than arguing about the timeing of releasing a spaceship render.