Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Re: Mach Effect progress

Post by DeltaV »

AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum and Exposition
27–29 July 2015
Hilton Orlando, Orlando, Florida
TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2015
NFF-04. Future Flight Propulsion Systems
Chair(s): Gregory Meholic (The Aerospace Corporation)
Co-Chair(s): Heidi Fearn (California State University, Fullerton)
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM; Lake Nona A
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Design and First Measurements of a Superconducting Gravity-Impulse-Generator
Istvan Lörincz; Martin Tajmar

4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Replication and Experimental Characterization of the Wallace Dynamic Force Field Generator
Martin Tajmar

4:30 PM - 5:00 PM
New Theoretical Results for the Mach Effect Thruster
Heidi Fearn

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Direct Thrust Measurements of an EMDrive and Evaluation of Possible Side-Effects
Martin Tajmar

-----

Tajmar's 4PM paper is related to this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6022

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Found while browsing the EMdrive thread over at http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index. ... 37642.2060 :

Photons inside a waveguide as massive particles
http://arxiv.org/abs/0708.3519
In the paper, we show that there exists a close analogy between the behavior of de Broglie matter waves and that of electromagnetic waves inside a hollow waveguide, such that the guided photons can be treated as free massive particles subject to a relativistic quantum-mechanical equation. Inspired by the effective rest mass of guided photons and the zitterbewegung phenomenon of the Dirac electron, at variance with the well-known Higgs mechanism we present some different heuristic ideas on the origin of mass.

birchoff

Post by birchoff »

DeltaV wrote:AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum and Exposition
27–29 July 2015
Hilton Orlando, Orlando, Florida
TUESDAY, JULY 28, 2015
NFF-04. Future Flight Propulsion Systems
Chair(s): Gregory Meholic (The Aerospace Corporation)
Co-Chair(s): Heidi Fearn (California State University, Fullerton)
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM; Lake Nona A
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM
Design and First Measurements of a Superconducting Gravity-Impulse-Generator
Istvan Lörincz; Martin Tajmar

4:00 PM - 4:30 PM
Replication and Experimental Characterization of the Wallace Dynamic Force Field Generator
Martin Tajmar

4:30 PM - 5:00 PM
New Theoretical Results for the Mach Effect Thruster
Heidi Fearn

5:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Direct Thrust Measurements of an EMDrive and Evaluation of Possible Side-Effects
Martin Tajmar

-----

Tajmar's 4PM paper is related to this: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6022
AWesome that I can look forward to more progress on the ME.

but that Tajmar paper is this to be taken seriously..... Dynamic Force Fields????

Randy

Post by Randy »

Simple Rotary Torque Producing Flux Capacitor Design Concept

Consider a bilaminar wound spiral ribbon coil (like Tesla’s 1894 US patent 512,340 bifilar wound magnet coil) but using two different dielectric laminations between each of the two conductor laminations.

If such a ribbon coil configuration was operated at its natural resonant frequency using the SAME dielectric material between each conductor lamination, then by Woodward’s Lorentz-force rectification concept, there would be equal and opposite radial torques produced about the axis of the device on each half cycle.

But if two different dielectric laminations were placed between the two conductor laminations then any DIFFERENCE in mass fluctuation between the two dielectric materials would get both rectified and amplified in only ONE Direction per full AC cycle (either clockwise or counterclockwise) in proportion to the total circumferential length of the dielectrics…

What do you think?

Randy

Post by Randy »

i.e., A Mach effect impulse difference rectifier.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Randy wrote:Simple Rotary Torque Producing Flux Capacitor Design Concept

Consider a bilaminar wound spiral ribbon coil (like Tesla’s 1894 US patent 512,340 bifilar wound magnet coil) but using two different dielectric laminations between each of the two conductor laminations.

If such a ribbon coil configuration was operated at its natural resonant frequency using the SAME dielectric material between each conductor lamination, then by Woodward’s Lorentz-force rectification concept, there would be equal and opposite radial torques produced about the axis of the device on each half cycle.

But if two different dielectric laminations were placed between the two conductor laminations then any DIFFERENCE in mass fluctuation between the two dielectric materials would get both rectified and amplified in only ONE Direction per full AC cycle (either clockwise or counterclockwise) in proportion to the total circumferential length of the dielectrics…

What do you think?

I understand what you are trying to produce, but not the mechanism by which you think it might be produced.

If you've worked this out, then your idea becomes much more interesting.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Randy

Post by Randy »

The mechanism is simple. Use the right-hand rule for motors across each of the dielectrics and compare/add the impulses produced.
Last edited by Randy on Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Randy

Post by Randy »

There was a posting between myself and DeltaV about two years ago on an issue involving the Tesla bifilar wound coil as related to Magrid magnet coils. I simply stated there what the main issue involved with the bifilar wound coil theory was.

DeltaV's comment on my explanation is what triggered my thoughts as related to Woodward's concept. That's all.

~Randy
Last edited by Randy on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Randy

Post by Randy »

Link to post referenced above:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4608&start=15

Randy

Post by Randy »

The image above depicts the Rotary Torque Producing Flux Capacitor concept much better than I can describe it in words. Imagine looking down on the top of a ribbon coil wound in this fashion. The device is a combination inductor and capacitor tank circuit which produces right-angle aligned electric and magnetic fields and has its own natural resonant frequency. The bilaminar midpoint conductor connection provides for high capacitive energy transfer due to the high voltage differences it creates across the dielectrics.

If Woodward-Effects are produced in the dielectrics during operation then, for instance, the yellow dielectric would always produce a clockwise torque and the green dielectric would always produce a counter-clockwise torque on the device. If the two dielectric materials are the same then the two opposing torques will be equal and opposite and there will be no net torque acting on the device. However, if two different dielectric materials are used, then one would expect different amounts of Woodward-effects to be produced between them and one torque will thus be greater than the other resulting in a net torque acting on the device.

Example: Say we do an experiment with one of these devices and generate 10 units of clockwise torque and 9 units of counter-clockwise torque; there will be a net clockwise torque of one unit acting on the device which may be too small to measure statistically. If we then build another similar device but we triple the number of conductor and dielectric turns (laminations) we would then generate 30 units of clockwise torque and 27 units of counter-clockwise torque and there will be a net clockwise torque of 3 units acting on the device which may be a measurement that is statistically verifiable.

This device could be powered by some type of high-voltage, high-frequency spark-gap switched high-power (kilowatt range) Tesla coil power supply (something that resonates the flux capacitor at its natural resonant frequency under high power). It should be powered by the highest voltage / current capable source as possible in order to induce measurable Woodward-effects. i.e., Several microwave oven transformers with their secondaries wired in series comes to mind... Warning this would definitely be a LETHAL devise - You'd only get ONE mistake, your last one! It should be performed within a group of people who know what they're doing. Check out http://4hv.org/e107_plugins/forum/forum.php for more on high voltage / power safety.

~Randy
Last edited by Randy on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:21 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Randy

Post by Randy »

This image gives you a simple idea of how Tesla bifilar / bilaminar wound devices work:

Now do you get the idea?

~Randy

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

A major effect of winding a coil like that is increased distributed capacitance between windings.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Randy

Post by Randy »

hanelyp wrote:A major effect of winding a coil like that is increased distributed capacitance between windings.
The capacitance is the SAME as a single wire wound coil (due to geometry - mainly the plate spacing between the consecutive coil layers). What's dramatically different is the capacitive ENERGY stored between each consecutive winding. i.e., Ecap = 1/2 C V^2. Due to the increased voltage difference between each winding. But I get where you're coming from. It took me a while to understand it too.

Kudos, ~Randy

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The capacitance between a pair of adjacent turns is unchanged. But the series-parallel arrangement of such capacitors is changed, changing the overall capacitance of the coil.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Randy

Post by Randy »

hanelyp wrote:The capacitance between a pair of adjacent turns is unchanged. But the series-parallel arrangement of such capacitors is changed, changing the overall capacitance of the coil.
Well now you have me intrigued hanelyp. I can't picture the series-parallel capacitor arrangement of which you speak. Are you talking about the accumulative effect on the capacitance calculation due to far separated turns upon each other? Or am i guessing wrong? Maybe you could draw a picture or direct me to some website.

Thanks, ~Randy

PS - been up for over 20 hours - going to crash now - will be back tomorrow.