Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

AcesHigh

Re: Mach Effect progress

Post by AcesHigh »

Paul, if you have the time, could you counter ChrisWilson68´s claims at the Woodward thread at NASA Space Flight Forums?

http://forum.nasaspaceflight.com/index. ... =31037.285

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

GIThruster wrote:
Charging a capacitor should, in terms of mass movement, be no different from filling a bottle
He can also disprove the existence of electric motors with a swirly straw!
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

GIThruster wrote:I think Sonny would need to turn up a null result on his warp field and his QVT before he would consent to put an M-E thruster on his balance.
I guess we'll see. . .
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

GIThruster wrote:
GIThruster wrote:I think Sonny would need to turn up a null result on his warp field and his QVT before he would consent to put an M-E thruster on his balance.
I guess we'll see. . .
Care to be less cryptic?
Vae Victis

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Sooner or later Sonny will have his results and be looking for the next thing. He appears to plan release of test results around conferences like those in Houston this summer. (I have zero confidence in the story that he signed an NDA. Sounds like rubbish to me.) Once the cat is out of the bag, his superiors will no doubt instruct him what to work on next, just as they did with focusing on evidence of warp over the supposed "QThruster".

Rumor is that there was a null result with the warp attempt. I hate to rely on rumors and prefer to see real data. My point however was, that in order to see Jim's MET tested at Eagleworks, or an M-E based warp generator; we should expect Sonny would first run out of options that support his model. Only afterward should we expect to see Eagleworks testing M-E stuff.

This is all given that Sonny has a say. Just as someone prioritized the warp interferometer experiment over the QThruster, someone could obviously order Sonny to put a MET on the interferometer or balance or both. I think Eagle has 4 guys working full time and has had at least one or two interns. Seems to me they could get real answers in timely fashion if they wanted to.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

My understanding is that space-time is very stiff, which is why a Jupiter-amount of negative mass energy is necessary for warp effects or wormholes. This suggests that White's idea of a low energy warp drive will not work.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

your understanding about the stiffness is correct, and White also assume such stiffness.

his lower values of mass needed to warp space time do not come from an understanding about the universe being LESS stiff.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I believe Sonny's claims about lowing the negative mass requirement come from changing the geometry of the wormhole. However, I just learned the other day that this had apparently already been done by another physicist, a Jose Notario, back in 2001. Also working with the Notario model, a Brazilian named Daniel Rocha was able to solve the infinite doppler blue shift inside the warp bubble. I have not confirmed any of this but just mention it since this would certainly impact Sonny's claim to have created a warp geometry with significantly reduced negative mass requirements--looks like he was a decade too late.

Apparently a great deal of physics happens in South America that we only find out about years later. This same sort of thing happened with Loop Quantum Gravity--that the English speaking world was not appraised or unapologetically ignored what was happening down South.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

well, I have a particle physicist living in the same building as I am here in southern Brazil :lol:

but as far as I know, Loop Quantum Gravity was born from an italian and an american physicist.

Alcubierre and Notario are mexican and portuguese respectively, but both work in UK universities.

found a discussion about warp drive where Daniel Rocha takes part and even gives away his email to anyone wanting to discuss it

http://www.researchgate.net/post/How_to ... his_engine

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

I miss the frequent updates and discussion.

Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

AcesHigh wrote:I miss the frequent updates and discussion.

Something you and I finally agree upon.
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Jim's vacation will be over in a few weeks and he'll be back to posting real updates concerning the work.

I hope I'm at least half as productive as he is when I'm his age. :-)

GeeGee

Post by GeeGee »

Videos from the Starship Congress are up.

Day 3 has talks from Sonny White, Eric Davis, and Marc Millis on exotic propulsion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucyBMB_PWr8

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

It's a 12 hour vid. Chronology of speakers is here
http://www.icarusinterstellar.org/congress-schedule/
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

thanks for the heads up. Over 72 hours of video to keep me entertained :)