Mach Effect progress

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

GIThruster

Re: Mach Effect progress

Post by GIThruster »

If I had to guess I'd think it's just Sonny being cagy so he isn't forced into a position he can't edit himself out of. When he claimed he had built the QVPT, it was in his own paper and he was able to redact that lie once he'd gotten his funding. That's not true of PopSci. He's not in a position to quietly change what he says to popsci. I hope for his sake that he wasn't lying again about the NDA because the more one does this kind of thing the more assured is their downfall. Sooner or later Sonny will be confronted with the fact that he did not invent the QVPT, he did not do the experiments on it, he claimed for years the experiments were flawed and should not be taken seriously, and that Woodward's model is wrong regardless of the evidence. To turn around and make use of Paul's hard work that was really in spite of what Sonny thought, is just deplorable charlatan behavior. I'm not in the least surprised that this charlatan sidestepped what would otherwise come back and bite him in the ass.

Of course it is possible he has signed an NDA, but with whom?
Last edited by GIThruster on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

eh? The so called "Quantum Vacuum Plasma Thruster" is related to Woodward works somehow?

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I guess you missed the analysis here. Sonny's Quantum Vacuum Plasma Thruster is the Mach-Lorrentz Thruster based on Woodward's work, built and tested by Paul March back around 2004. At the time Paul tested it, Sonny told him the test results were useless because Paul had not supplied vacuum as a test control, and so Sonny proclaimed then and for years that the results were flawed based on thermal contributions.

In 2011, Sonny was pushing to open Eagleworks and he hired Paul. Because of this he was able to rebrand the MLT test results as QVPT test results and he has been quote around the web for 2 years that they built and tested a QVPT and that it supplied thrust within a close margin of Sonny's theoretical predictions. This is all bullshit. The test results were obtained years before Sonny's model could have made predictions at all, and Sonny is completely aware that there are no reasons to trust those early tests because of the lacking scientific controls.

Sonny White is a charlatan. Worse is, NASA knows and doesn't care. And just saying, this kind of nonsense from Sonny making false claims has been his habit for as long as I've known him. You should not believe anything that comes out of the Eagleworks lab without replication and you should expect false claims to come when funding deadlines force Eagle to produce rather than merely consume.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

cuddihy

Post by cuddihy »

Is Paul still there?
Tom.Cuddihy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Faith is the foundation of reason.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Last I talked to him I think he was.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

williatw

Post by williatw »

Relativistic Phase Displacement Space Drive - Warping Space Time with Phased Standing Waves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gAwyr5Udzw#!

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

I dont know if I read it here or on NASA SpaceFlight Forums... but someone gave an example on why inertia was instantaneous (or at least 10 thousand times faster than light) and all that thing about interacting with the rest of the mass of the universe.

the example went along the lines that kicking a ball of steel would break your foot, no matter if the ball is on freefall in space, or on the surface of Earth.

That still doesnt make it clear to me. To me such an example only shows its clear that the ball of steel distorts spacetime and that the effort to move the ball, be it on space or on the surface of Earth happens because of that space-time distortion. In other words, inertia is the effort needed to change space-time distortion vector of that mass.

Eh, probably no sense at all, but thats why I would enjoy a better explanation. Thanks.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

It is important to remember that from your shared frame, the inertia is no different than from another shared frame.

You both can be clipping along at speed x in one frame, and speed x/2 in another. As far as your foot is concerned, inertia is the same between you and the steel ball.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

AcesHigh wrote:That still doesnt make it clear to me. To me such an example only shows its clear that the ball of steel distorts spacetime and that the effort to move the ball, be it on space or on the surface of Earth happens because of that space-time distortion. In other words, inertia is the effort needed to change space-time distortion vector of that mass.
The inertial reaction force depends on the object's acceleration, not on how much the object distorts local spacetime (such distortion being dependent on its mass).

By the principle of relativity, accelerating the object with respect to the rest of the (static) universe is equivalent to (rigidly) accelerating the rest of the universe with respect to the (static) object.

The total gravitational potential energy of the observable universe (a non-localizable quantity) comes into play for the Mach-Woodward Effect.

AcesHigh

Post by AcesHigh »

Thanks, I am not a physcist nor I pretend to be (you guys will notice in such matters, I usually ask questions instead of providing answers) and this concept of inertia is a bit difficult to get around my head at 11:30 pm. I will give it some thought tomorrow however :)

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

williatw wrote:Relativistic Phase Displacement Space Drive - Warping Space Time with Phased Standing Waves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... gAwyr5Udzw#!
Pretty pictures. But the proposed mechanism screams Dean Drive in a Tesla-Steampunk sort of way.
Vae Victis

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Same guy that's behind the CrossFire Fusion Reactor.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

DeltaV wrote:Same guy that's behind the CrossFire Fusion Reactor.
I did thoroughly peruse his site. I await the test stand demonstrator. 50W/kg for 1g is killer performance, if true.
Vae Victis

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

I couldn't stick it out past the first minute or so when he started declaring that FTL forces are possible without showing that. Looks like another crazy to me.

djolds1

Post by djolds1 »

GIThruster wrote:I couldn't stick it out past the first minute or so when he started declaring that FTL forces are possible without showing that. Looks like another crazy to me.
Like I said - it stinks of Teslatech & Steampunk.
Vae Victis