Room-temperature superconductivity?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

johanfprins wrote: Nonetheless, except for this, the book is withstanding criticism very well and the sales have been very good indeed: especially if you consisder the fact that the book is only publicised on my website. We hope to also correct the latter situation soon.
Have you considered e-book publication?

No, I haven't been to your site so if an e-book version is already there, pardon my ignorance!

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

KitemanSA wrote:Have you considered e-book publication?

No, I haven't been to your site so if an e-book version is already there, pardon my ignorance!
We are discussing this option. If it becomes available, I will pot it on this thread.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Johann,
You should also know that there are a number of folks that frequent this forum, and undoubtedly that helped your sales. They visit and read, they talk to their friends, and so on.

I was glad to help with your book in my tiny little part with the suggested re-word for the synopsis.

Please keep us posted as to how you are making out. Your work could result in some as previously stated mind boggling changes in electronic engineering and design. And again, if there is anything we can try to assist with, let us know.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

ladajo wrote:I was glad to help with your book in my tiny little part with the suggested re-word for the synopsis.
Your rewording is brilliant: Thanks again.
Please keep us posted as to how you are making out. Your work could result in some as previously stated mind boggling changes in electronic engineering and design. And again, if there is anything we can try to assist with, let us know.
I will keep you all updated: Thanks again to those of you who have encouraged me.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Johan! Here's something that might make your day:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/dry- ... elative-b/

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

bennmann wrote:Johan! Here's something that might make your day:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/dry- ... elative-b/
Thanks: But I think that I might have a better solution than using graphene. Nonetheless we need to bring down heat wastage by any means available.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

BTW: I discoverd a small logic mistake I have made: I assumed that the charge-carriers within a supercondctor can polarise while a super-current is flowing. This is not possible and by not making this mistake it simplifies the modelling of Josephson tunnelling tremendously. This required a reformulation of section 28 in my book as well as a few small changes in a few other sections. These have now been posted on my website as updated extracts: 19 June 2011.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Any news?

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

Betruger wrote:Any news?
Yes. But it is still going slowly. We have started with magnetic measurements: So far they confirm our electric measurements. It has, however, become clear that we need much stronger magnetic fields than we have available to us. I will be in the USA during October and November and hope to visit magnetic laboratories for advice.

We are still struggling with funding: My book sales helped a lot but are not yet enough. But there seems to be light ahead.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Where are you coming to visit here in the US?

And glad to hear you are making progress. I for one think that your ideas are worth exploring.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

And with me it makes two of us.

Can you share more on those magnetic measurements results?

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

ladajo wrote:Where are you coming to visit here in the US?
Our second oldest son is the CEO of a company which was bought by an outfit in Denver Colorado. He, his wife and our grandson relocated last December. Our grandson is of course the enticement to spend our last few cents. But it also gives me the opoprtunity to follow up on some leads in the good old USA. Since I studied in that great country in the 1960's I always long to visit.
And glad to hear you are making progress. I for one think that your ideas are worth exploring.
Thanks. After having felt very dejected for 5 years my optimism is picking up at present. So hopefully you will not waste your time by watching this space!

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

Giorgio wrote:And with me it makes two of us.
Thanks, I really appreciate the support. My advisors here in South Africa feel the same and have become very upbeat.
Can you share more on those magnetic measurements results?
I would love to: But it is more prudent to first do measurements at higher magnetic fields and confirm that I can break up the conduction completely. I cannot levitate a substrate since one needs a bulk sample: My layers are too thin. The best approach will be to generate perpetual currents and my calculations indicate that we need a magnetic field that is in excess of the 5 tesla we have at the moment.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

johanfprins, congratulations on getting support, we will all benefit from your success. I read your posts with great interest and think that you have good understanding of fundamental issues that standard views are in error on. So, I am interested in your thoughts on this announcement if you have time to take a look:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484
Speed-of-light experiments yield baffling result at LHC

Best regards,
Mike
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

johanfprins

Post by johanfprins »

mvanwink5 wrote:johanfprins, congratulations on getting support, we will all benefit from your success. I read your posts with great interest and think that you have good understanding of fundamental issues that standard views are in error on.
Thank you; I appreciate your support.
So, I am interested in your thoughts on this announcement if you have time to take a look:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15017484
Speed-of-light experiments yield baffling result at LHC
Best regards,
Mike
I have read the thread and do not find it surprising at all: However, it is my opinion that the “particle” physicists do not yet understand what a neutrino really is. I believe that a full understanding will only come once the physics community agree that the Standard Model of “Particle” Physics is deeply flawed. It is my hope that the search for the so-called Higgs' boson will finally convince them that a totally new approach is required: Just a pity that it has cost the world billions of dollars to get to this point.

Thus to get away from the standard model, I would like to reframe you question in a more general context as follows: "Can light-energy or mass-energy (which I believe is in essence the same energy) relocate from one position in space to another position in space so that the time interval during which this happens is so short that the relocation is faster than it would have been if it occurred at light speed?" On this question I can write a book: However, I will try to summarise my conclusions in this posting.

My conclusion: Such relocation is occurring all the time right in front of our eyes; but we have been blinkered from observing it by paranormal physics concepts like “wave-particle duality” and “probability waves”, which after 1927 steered that part of physics, which is solidly based on these concepts, into becoming metaphysics. In the case of Chemistry and Solid State Physics, the use of Schroedinger’s equation did not require that the Copenhagen interpretation must be correct. One could just “shut-up and calculate”. It is thus not surprising that the major successes of quantum physics have been in Chemistry and Solid State Physics. In Quantum Electrodynamics and The Standard Model of “Particle” Physics, the Copenhagen interpretation is essential; and therefore I believe that the latter theories and models will collapse: And the sooner the better for humankind.

It is, for example, ludicrous to conclude that when you observe electrons they act differently than when you do not observe them and therefore your mind affects reality; or that we are generating new near-identical universes all the time; or that what we do now, affects the past, etc. etc. etc.

Once you accept that matter and light consist only as waves, and that the intensity of a light wave is its energy (which for a free light wave is purely kinetic since such a light wave always moves with a speed c relative to any inertial reference frame) and that the intensity of a free matter wave is its mass-plus-gravitational energy (which in this case is not purely kinetic since mass-energy must be stationary within one of all the possible inertial reference frames), then paranormal physics disappears.

It has been known for thousands of years that waves move with a speed which is determined by a stationary substance within which the wave moves and that if you move with the wave the wave will be observed as being stationary. The latter is not the case for light waves and therefore Einstein quite correctly concluded that a stationary ether does not exist for these wave. A matter wave can be observed as being stationary within its own special inertial reference frame and it only moves relative to an observer when it is observed from another inertial reference frame moving relative to the inertial reference frame within which the matter wave is stationary. Thus, the speed with which it moves is determined by the speed of the observer relative to the reference frame within which the matter wave is stationary. The “ether” of a matter wave is thus a “relativistic substance”. I do not want to expand on these aspects too much, or else my post will become a book.

What is important to note is that the shape and size of a wave is determined by the boundary conditions under which the wave finds itself. When you change the boundary conditions the wave must morph. In most cases when you do a measurement, you change the boundary conditions, and the wave must then morph; and if the measurement is an instantaneous measurement, the wave must morph instantaneously. Thus when a matter-wave is spread over a large volume in space so that its energy is distributed within this volume, and you change its boundary conditions instantaneously so that it must occupy a far smaller volume, its distributed mass energy must collapse instantaneously into this smaller volume. Obviously this means that energy is relocating in space at a speed that exceeds the speed of light. Alternatively, a measurement can require a localised wave to spread out instantaneously into a much larger volume, and this also requires the relocation of energy (light or mass) at a speed faster than the speed of light. It is probably the latter effect which caused the rapid inflation (as deduced by Guth) of our universe just after the “Big Bang”.

The superconducting phase that I have discovered 10 years ago while extracting electrons from an n-type diamond by means of an anode throws further light on this faster than light speed interactions. The extracted electrons form a single macro-wave by total entanglement of the electrons. After this has happened, there are no separate “electron-particles” within this wave. Thus, the wave does not have charge-carriers which can move through it to convey a current: Yet, it does transfer a current: Why? The reason is that the macro-wave is the lowest-energy macro-wave that can form subject to the boundary conditions (as defined by the diamond substrate and the anode). When you now inject an electron from the diamond (or the anode) into this macro-wave, the energy of the wave increases: It should thus break up. But wave-mechanics come to the rescue. The energy of a matter wave can gain energy (delta)E as long as it is not for longer than a time (delta)t. Where does this energy come from? According to Quantum Electrodynamics it comes from the “vacuum”. I agree that it comes from a fourth dimension, but it is not “the vacuum” since the amplitude of a matter waves is a complex function which automatically requires an extra dimension to “live in”.

But to make a long story short: the fact is that when you inject an electron into the superconducting phase which I have discovered 10 years ago, the gain in energy (delta)E must be shed within a time (delta)t: Thus within this time interval an electron has to be ejected at the other contact. Note that this happens without an electron actually moving from one contact to the other. The injected electron disappears at the injection contact and “re-appears” at the ejection contact. One can thus describe the transfer of the electron as teleportation (beam me up Scotty). Now if the time (delta)t is shorter than the time it will require an electron to move from one contact to another at the speed of light, it means that an electron has relocated from the injection contact to the ejection contact at a rate that is higher than the speed of light.

Just imagine what one will have if one develops a processor chip within which the charge-carriers can “teleport” faster than the speed of light, and in addition do not generate heat within the processor chip. This is what I have been able to offer to humankind over the past 10 years: But nobody wants to listen since, notwithstanding having had a successful career in diamond physics, I have, according to the “experts” on superconduction, suddenly turned into a crackpot.