Lawaranceville E-Newsletter

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

At least you believe that some results of 1MW plant from Rossi will come:
viewtopic.php?t=3201
Giorgio wrote:I understand what you mean and I hope you will change idea.

If you don't, than I'll wait you back here in October, once Rossi results of the 1MW plant are out ;)
And if, in case if my grandmother will become grandfather, the addition of something is required, my mature friend.

And you have written rather many words. But have not answered on one very simple question:
What potential difference pass copper ion in FF1 once eroded from anode and the being hit to cathode or nearby to cathode parts?

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote: There is much more than that, but I really have no time to coach you.
You need not not time but corresponding knowledge for coaching me.
As you have already shown your and your coach's Cris total misunderstanding how pinch works in which also self-magnetic field of current plays role.
If you want I will try to find that link too.
What you can teach me in this case?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Joseph, you really have no understanding of the English language, nor of the internet.
First, in about every post that Giorgio has made in the LENR thread, he has clearly been among the most sceptical people.
Second, the post you quoted had a grinning smiley, which by internet convention usually means that a sentence is not entirely serious.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Skipjack wrote:
Joseph, you really have no understanding of the English language, nor of the internet.
First, in about every post that Giorgio has made in the LENR thread, he has clearly been among the most sceptical people.
Second, the post you quoted had a grinning smiley, which by internet convention usually means that a sentence is not entirely serious.
Ok, I will be in bliss from victory of democracy in Uganda.
Who went to another city for learning more about Rossi's "reactor"? And then unsuccessfully waited when Mr. (forgot name) will deign to meet him. Me?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Joseph, you are completely off, really.
Giorgio is a sceptic regarding Rossi and co. That does not mean that he is not interested in it and interested in finding out more about it. The two are not exclusive.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
Skipjack wrote:Joseph, from what I understand, Lerner's approach to the DPF differs from past approaches in the sense that he is not trying to fight the plasma and getting it stable, but is trying to enhance the natural behaviour of the plasma which results in a pulsed system not a steady state system.
Anyway, the DPF does have a very small chance of success as a reactor(I give it a lower chance than Polywell), but it is certainly good science and they do already have a viable spin off technology as an X- ray source. So it is even good business as well (just not for power generation).
Lerner's or Philipov's and other people's approach is to create dense (as I know about 10^26 m^-3) for a very short time. As number density in plasmoid on million times exceeds Tokamak's density, we need thousand billions times less confinement time.
Lower chance than Polywell?
I think the contrary - higher.
But I have found as amusing the Georgio’s statement that he will be blissfully happy if they will make pB11 within 1 year. It was possible to think that they or someone have already made D-T.
I'm not sure what you are trying to imply. Learner's claim of Bremsstrung radiation suppression at extremely high B fields was to my limited understanding denied by mainstream physics, as championed by A. Carlson when he was trying to discredit Learner. He eventually conceeded the point (or at least abandoned the challange). I don't know if this was due to older literature describing the process, the consistency with reasonable math by Learner or other factors. I personally do not know of older work describing the process. As far as how FF differes from other approaches in this admittedly long studied process is, I believe, described on the Focus Fusion site.

As far as burning P-B11 fuel in a FF or Polywell, or FRC, it has not been done. The only source that I know of is a laser driven Russian experiment ~ 2 years ago that achieved tiny amounts of fusion, and possibly some old 1950's era Beam Target experiments when the Nuclear scientists were trying to quantify nuclear fusion, etc with piratically all available elements.

If Learner, etel or others accomplishes P-B11 fusion in quantities needed to study the system well, it will be a major accomplishment. There is currently some uncertainty of basics like the energy distribution of the alphas produced. Questions of side reactions, the gamma producing side reaction in particular may be the very important, etc.

Note this is far different from breakeven P-B11 fusion.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote:At least you believe that some results of 1MW plant from Rossi will come:
viewtopic.php?t=3201
Giorgio wrote:I understand what you mean and I hope you will change idea.

If you don't, than I'll wait you back here in October, once Rossi results of the 1MW plant are out ;)
You are extremely polemic and extremely confused Joseph.

RESULTS = something obtained by experimental investigation, it can be positive, negative or neutral.

Joseph Chikva wrote:And you have written rather many words. But have not answered on one very simple question:
What potential difference pass copper ion in FF1 once eroded from anode and the being hit to cathode or nearby to cathode parts?
And I asked you to explain how these ions will enter a small diameter tube that is several decimeters long and at 90 degree from plasma direction, and still retain enough energy to impact the glass and fuse with it in a quantity suitable to actually create the need of an etching process as the only solution to clean the glass.
I am also waiting for this answer.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:You are extremely polemic and extremely confused Joseph.

RESULTS = something obtained by experimental investigation, it can be positive, negative or neutral.

And I asked you to explain how these ions will enter a small diameter tube that is several decimeters long and at 90 degree from plasma direction, and still retain enough energy to impact the glass and fuse with it in a quantity suitable to actually create the need of an etching process as the only solution to clean the glass.
I am also waiting for this answer.
Have you gone to another city for learning negative results?
Or you went like Magicians having learned about birth of Divine Baby?

And who accused me in ignorance of theoretical background of Focus Fusion? What "enter" and in what "tube" if window is in the cathode bombarded by ions eroded from anode? And I only asked are there any forces that may brake those ions before they will hit that window?
There are no such forces, my "expert" friend!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote:Have you gone to another city for learning negative results?
Or you went like Magicians having learned about birth of Divine Baby?
In real world results can also be negative and not always positive.
Maybe in Chikva world is not like that but, fortunately for me, I live in the real world.

Joseph Chikva wrote:And who accused me in ignorance of theoretical background of Focus Fusion? What "enter" and in what "tube" if window is in the cathode bombarded by ions eroded from anode? And I only asked are there any forces that may brake those ions before they will hit that window?
You clearly do not have any idea about the geometry of the FF1 device nor about the position of the glass in respect to the main discharge direction of the ions, and more importantly you have no clue about the behaviour of the ion cloud during a FF1 discharge.
I am really wasting my time with you.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Giorgio wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:And who accused me in ignorance of theoretical background of Focus Fusion? What "enter" and in what "tube" if window is in the cathode bombarded by ions eroded from anode? And I only asked are there any forces that may brake those ions before they will hit that window?
You clearly do not have any idea about the geometry of the FF1 device nor about the position of the glass in respect to the main discharge direction of the ions, and more importantly you have no clue about the behaviour of the ion cloud during a FF1 discharge.
I am really wasting my time with you.
I clearly know how that device works. Unlike you. And know that I am right and you are wrong. Also I know that you waste time always when talk and think about fusion and there in FF1 are not any braking forces decelerating copper ions.
Thanks for discussion.

ogiw

Post by ogiw »

Joseph Chikva wrote: I clearly know how that device works. Unlike you. And know that I am right and you are wrong. Also I know that you waste time always when talk and think about fusion and there in FF1 are not any braking forces decelerating copper ions.
Thanks for discussion.
I am curious.

How many dense plasma focus fusion reactors have you attempted to build?

How many Polywell reactors?

How many fusors?

How many fusion experiment devices?

Please note that I am simply asking. It will help me to assess your level of experience and expertise. I am not attacking you, just curious.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ogiw wrote:
I am curious.

How many fusors?

Please note that I am simply asking. It will help me to assess your level of experience and expertise. I am not attacking you, just curious.
Do you know what European Physics Society is? See this link: http://www-fusion-magnetique.cea.fr/eps ... index.html
There is my name in Poster Session.

After that I have been invited also on two other confernces related to plasma physics and fusion.

Enough?

ogiw

Post by ogiw »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
ogiw wrote:
I am curious.

How many fusors?

Do you know what European Physics Society is? See this link: http://www-fusion-magnetique.cea.fr/eps ... index.html
There is my name in Poster Session.

After that I have been invited also on two other confernces related to plasma physics and fusion.

Enough?
No.

Please answer the questions I asked. I will look at the link later.

The questions are more relevant to this specific thread.

I do not question the need for vigorous peer review; it is the essence of good science.

I simply want answers to the questions I asked. Please answer them.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ogiw wrote:No.

I do not question the need for vigorous peer review; it is the essence of good science.

If no, that's not my problem.
I also did not build rocket or helicopter or submarine but know their working principles.

ogiw

Post by ogiw »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
ogiw wrote:No.

If no, that's not my problem.
I also did not build rocket or helicopter or submarine but know their working principles.
You misunderstand me.

I simply want to know what fusion reactors you have built. I understand that you have a colliding beam design you are presenting.

Fusion physics has been filled for many decades with promising concepts and detailed designs.

Many have produced some energy.

None have passed breakeven.

You mention other machinery. That is okay, too. However, the first successful heavier than air craft was not built by any scientist studying aerodynamics. It was built by a pair of bicycle shop owners, how also happened to be damned good engineers. They built their own wind tunnel, checked Octave Chanute's published values for lift and drag from various airfoil cross-sections, and found his information was incorrect. They contacted him, and he admitted that their data was correct.

Note that it was their experimental results that counted.

Again, please describe the actual fusion reactors - fusor, polywell, DPF, other - that you have built. I provide the preceding list only as an example, not as the only possible or feasible alternatives (note, I did not include tokamak or stellarator).

At some level in this journey, there is no substitute for bending metal.

And, before you ask, no, I have not built any. Nor did I claim any expertise, either.

You have. Please describe the actual fusion reactors you have attempted to build.