emc2's website

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Betruger wrote:I can't see nubs or supporting structures either. Seems odd to show such a schematic with essential pieces missing, but then it could be just a communication sketch with some pieces ommited for whatever reason.
The details may be patentable and they don't want to start the "published data" clock.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

DennisP wrote: Hmm...somebody involved in the project is already channeling Academy Award speeches. Me like :)
Nobel prize?

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

DennisP wrote:Hmm...somebody involved in the project is already channeling Academy Award speeches.
Starfleet Academy?

JohnP

Post by JohnP »

Do you think that WB D, being a privately funded design, will evolve into something that falls under the Freedom of Information Act? Or will it forever stay beyond the visible horizon?
I'm missing something here. WB D is privately funded?

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

KitemanSA wrote:
DennisP wrote: Hmm...somebody involved in the project is already channeling Academy Award speeches. Me like :)
Nobel prize?
Oh Ghu, the Nobel is a cheap trinket these days. The Peace Prize committee has completely trashed its brand name reputation.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

JohnP wrote:
Do you think that WB D, being a privately funded design, will evolve into something that falls under the Freedom of Information Act? Or will it forever stay beyond the visible horizon?
I'm missing something here. WB D is privately funded?
They don't have funding for it as yet, though they do accept donations to support their research on their website. Personally I'm not amused by the "Charitable/nonprofit" status of the organization, that automatically shuts it off from most capital sources who expect to see a profit from their investments.

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Validate and extend WB-6 results with WB-7 Device... Successfully Completed.
Congrats to Rick and the team! Looking forward to more good news from the FOIA.

One minor suggestion about http://www.emc2fusion.org/ . At the bottom, change the link title "Results and Final Conclusions" to "WB-6 Results and Final Conclusions" to avoid confusing newbies and any interested venture capitalists.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Tom Ligon wrote:You guys are sure trying to get a lot of decimals of precision out of a dream!
Bloomin' right!

It's like those daft dramas where they take a grainy image from a CCTV and zoom in on the guy's fingerprints to identify him (or whatever nonsense).

Just remain calm and rational, guys. It won't help any solution to get over excited. Prepare yourself for a boring academically-spun anticlimax. Breakthroughs don't happen like you seen in films - they'll come along and you won't even recognise the success....it's impossible to make a rational response until you gain a little perspective.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Tom Ligon wrote: On the internal structure, possibly just to prevent bending of the large flat plates, but I'd like to think they represent a Venitian-blind collection scheme for alphas, a provision to test direct conversion.
I think you are correct about the "flat plate" in that the structural detail is all situated between the inner and the middle boxes.

I suspect you are right, this isa simple dream. The two boxes however COULD hold the vacuum pressure AND the shielding.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

DeltaV wrote:
DennisP wrote:Hmm...somebody involved in the project is already channeling Academy Award speeches.
Starfleet Academy?
I'm awaiting my promotion from Captain to Admiral. No more operations responsibilities. I can be pompous and just handout directives.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

DeltaV wrote:
Validate and extend WB-6 results with WB-7 Device... Successfully Completed.
Congrats to Rick and the team! Looking forward to more good news from the FOIA.

One minor suggestion about http://www.emc2fusion.org/ . At the bottom, change the link title "Results and Final Conclusions" to "WB-6 Results and Final Conclusions" to avoid confusing newbies and any interested venture capitalists.
That has already happened on the CV blog. I corrected the misconception.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Tom Ligon wrote: What seems to be the case is it is on the drawing board, but unfunded, and they would love to have some contributions to get a head start on it. A nice design in-hand would improve the proposal, and reduce the amount of time scrounging for income before tackling the big project.
This only really makes sense if WB-D is different substantially than WB-9, the design of which is due to be paid in full by the Navy.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

KitemanSA wrote:
Tom Ligon wrote: What seems to be the case is it is on the drawing board, but unfunded, and they would love to have some contributions to get a head start on it. A nice design in-hand would improve the proposal, and reduce the amount of time scrounging for income before tackling the big project.
This only really makes sense if WB-D is different substantially than WB-9, the design of which is due to be paid in full by the Navy.
Or WB-D may just be the new name for WB-9. Or it is a code name until WB-9 is fully funded. Or....

JohnFul

Post by JohnFul »

Of note on the EMC2 site, Dr. B's email has been replaced with Rick's. And it is Rick@emc2fusion.com vice .org. Granted this could be a typo, but just for fun I checked out: http://www.emc2fusion.com/
and got "Site under construction". Hmmmm. '
According to whois, is registered to:

Energy Matter Conversion Corporation
1202 Parkway Drive
Suite A
Santa Fe, NM 87507
US

There is an administrative contact name, email, and phone number as well. Appears the domain was registered 09-Oct-2007 and will expire 09-Oct-2010 unless renewed.

J

JohnSmith

Post by JohnSmith »

Weird...
I've never seen you before... and I did the whois lookup earlier today. Phone number associated with emc2fusion.org looks to be Bussard's home number, while the one with emc2fusion.com looks like the EMC2 office.

Maybe I'm developing a split personality?