Polywell FOIA

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

BenTC wrote:Good luck ladajo, but personally I would let it go.
First half, I agree; second, not so much.

If they really mean no, you will find out soon enough. No biggie.

If they said no due to time pressure, etc., you may find yourself pleasently surprised.

Expect another "no", but hope springs eternal!

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Should you need any financial help to get the FOIA appeal trough, my offer stands.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Giorgio wrote:Should you need any financial help to get the FOIA appeal trough, my offer stands.
And mine.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Much appreciated.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I got results on another FOIA line I was working, it earned me two pages of nothing. The rest was blocked under 2 and 4. The two pages I got were completion of contract documentation.

Appeals still remain live.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Thank you very much for the update.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

should've put the below here...vice the other thread...

"Another of my FOIA paths ran itself to ground.
Denied on Proprietary (again).

I am now on the appeal path only. As previously stated, the plus side is that the appeal process gets handled by big navy in DC. And I get to cite previous releases, as well as EMC2 must demonstrate to big navy JAG why the information is proprietary, vice just saying it is.
In the appeal, specific argument is made for release of non-proprietary info. ie. leave out design specifics/nuances not previously released, just tell us how it is working...

We shall see."

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Thanks for the update.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Any news from the Appeal process?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I have been a little busy of late. I just moved from VA to RI. I will get back on that once things settle out a little.
Sorry, but on the up side, recovery.gov posts today...

Antice

Post by Antice »

Here is the latestreport from recovery.org:

Quarterly Activities/Project Description: on budget, on schedule for new lab test facility. Primary focus has been construction, procurement and relocation of personnel and chamber.

Roger

Post by Roger »

Polywell is proprietary because the Navy paid for it, by strict legal definitions. Plus the Navy Can make the additional case of irreprable harm. Bought and paid for is the trump card. Not to throw water on your efforts, but the Navy has all the cards.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

chrismb

Post by chrismb »

Roger wrote:Polywell is proprietary because the Navy paid for it, by strict legal definitions. Plus the Navy Can make the additional case of irreprable harm. Bought and paid for is the trump card. Not to throw water on your efforts, but the Navy has all the cards.
It doesn't appear that you are actually keeping up with the posts: The Navy were prepared to let the information be released. It was EMC2 who [went back on Bussard's word and] said it was their proprietary material and requested a blanket veto.

I don't like double-talkers. If EMC2 were to say 'actually, we're no longer going to stick with Bussard's vision of a fully shared and collaborative effort' then I would regard the whole matter differently.

It just seems borderline fraud to be asking for donations on your home page into a stand-alone charity, donations which are then routed through to this organisation that then says 'cheese off' to tax payers who have asked for info that the Navy is prepared to release.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Antice wrote:Here is the latestreport from recovery.org:

Quarterly Activities/Project Description: on budget, on schedule for new lab test facility. Primary focus has been construction, procurement and relocation of personnel and chamber.
When I clicked thru it was still LAST quarter's report. This quarter (thru June) should be up some time on Monday, I would guess (1st on the weekend and all). Of course, maybe they pulled another switch and it has to be found again. Anyone?

Antice

Post by Antice »

KitemanSA wrote:
Antice wrote:Here is the latestreport from recovery.org:

When I clicked thru it was still LAST quarter's report. This quarter (thru June) should be up some time on Monday, I would guess (1st on the weekend and all). Of course, maybe they pulled another switch and it has to be found again. Anyone?
Ah that explains why the first quarter was only available. there is that mismatch with the numbers going on as well. at least i am hoping my link is camping the right spot. :?