Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Check page 65 of this thread. It seems ladajo was right about the last quarterly update being the final report. I just hope his little birdie was also right.

...and also that maybe a website update or interview with Dr. Park is forthcoming.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

Betruger wrote:Bob you keep saying that. Stop fretting and just do it.
I'm waiting for grad school to answer, it's may, they havent given me an answer yet, it's really annoying... I never thought it would take them so long to make decisions, I would've taken the physics gre if I had known, frick silly.

My plan is to get a masters then I want to go to Sydney to do research on polywell.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Hang tight, they haven't yet said no.
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

philcowans

Post by philcowans »

Ivy Matt wrote:Check page 65 of this thread. It seems ladajo was right about the last quarterly update being the final report. I just hope his little birdie was also right.

...and also that maybe a website update or interview with Dr. Park is forthcoming.
Probably worth noting that a search for '2012Q1' returns 5 results, whereas one for '2011Q4' returns 46,000 - i.e. they haven't put anything up for the last quarter yet.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Joseph Chikva wrote:...has modified the electron injectors to increase the plasma heating?
So, EMC2 also considers Polywell as thermal magnetic trap? So, POPS is fiction?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1n5CQe1krI
Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.

Roger

Post by Roger »

Robthebob wrote:you cant argue with someone who's always right.
Someone who's always right and is capable of the hi energy to prove it in every post.

A demonstration of wisdom on your part Rob.
I like the p-B11 resonance peak at 50 KV acceleration. In2 years we'll know.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

Roger wrote:
Robthebob wrote:you cant argue with someone who's always right.
Someone who's always right and is capable of the hi energy to prove it in every post.

A demonstration of wisdom on your part Rob.
:)

Gives me a headache cus I cant be right if he's always right and if he always have opposing view points from most of the forum posters.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

Robthebob wrote:Gives me a headache cus I cant be right if he's always right and if he always have opposing view points from most of the forum posters.
It is easy to be always right here. Recall your professors who made wrong statements on Tokamak that current there can be driven only by electromagnetic induction.
What about beam driven current?
Sorry if consciousness of your wrongfulness causes a headache in you.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

philcowans wrote:Probably worth noting that a search for '2012Q1' returns 5 results, whereas one for '2011Q4' returns 46,000 - i.e. they haven't put anything up for the last quarter yet.
You are correct about the search results, but I've checked various other recipients to see if there are any "January 1 - March 31, 2012" updates posted yet. There are. Unless Recovery.gov is rolling out the updates gradually, I don't think EMC2 posted a 2012Q1 update.
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

How do we report wasteful spending of recovery.gov to recovery.gov? They are obviously not doing their job :lol:

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Probably worth noting that a search for '2012Q1' returns 5 results, whereas one for '2011Q4' returns 46,000 - i.e. they haven't put anything up for the last quarter yet
https://www.fpds.gov/dbsight/fpdsportal ... 9528956%22
This link show a request for additional funding in dec 2011 (approved) for research within scope and the dates are out to 03/30/12. and moved To Est. Ultimate Completion Date 03/14

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Correction, the 20 Dec 11 contract mod provided NO change in funding, merely an extension in time.

The cummulative monies obligated on this contract so far do not exceed the original CLIN 001 and CLIN 002 basic contract, or not by any significant amount.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

KitemanSA wrote:Correction, the 20 Dec 11 contract mod provided NO change in funding, merely an extension in time.

The cummulative monies obligated on this contract so far do not exceed the original CLIN 001 and CLIN 002 basic contract, or not by any significant amount.
Your correct, I guess I just got too excited

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

Gone black. Advanced technology reserved for the elite rulers of this solar system. First trial installation - Titan Base. Go breath your diesel fumes, useless eaters.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

DeltaV wrote:Gone black. Advanced technology reserved for the elite rulers of this solar system. First trial installation - Titan Base. Go breath your diesel fumes, useless eaters.
I wonder if I can get a job doing IT out there? ;)