Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

It would be the usual engineer's pedantery to add that they appear to be building it in the Gulf of Guinea, off Africa's west coast;

"Project Location Detail
Location Information
Latitude, Longitude: 0º 0' 0", 0º 0' 0"
So, China Lake and Area 51 were not secure enough. They've moved it to the secret underwater base.

MirariNefas

Post by MirariNefas »

X-Com, experimental underwater division?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

X-Com... Terror of the deep. Cool strategy game, from the good old times.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I did not notice this block before, they must have updated the page format to include this...seems to mean quarterly updates with verbage.

"Quarterly Activities/Project Description

The main focus of this quarter was the design, procuremnet and construction of equipment for the new WB-8 Polywell device. Theoretical work was also intiated to build the computational tools required to analyze and understand the data from WB-8"

There is also one for the original quarter saying <sic> We are buying stuff and interviewing for new positions.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

any day now...

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

ladajo wrote:any day now...
Reporting day is April 30, if it is not late.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Must be late...

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Could be the website just not updating yet. I'll hold out hope here as well.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

bennmann wrote:Could be the website just not updating yet. I'll hold out hope here as well.
My bet is it is late, you know how scientists can lose track of time when it comes to administrative work.

bcokeley

Q1 2010

Post by bcokeley »

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

on budget, on schedule for new lab test facility. Primary focus has been construction, procurement and relocation of personnel and chamber.
...to the secret underwater base.

Oh wait, no it's now 35º 39' 28", -105º 59' 56".

I wonder if they've run it yet? Who wants to go knock on the door and ask?

Maybe if we send Rick a box of donuts he'll share some results.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

TallDave wrote:
on budget, on schedule for new lab test facility. Primary focus has been construction, procurement and relocation of personnel and chamber.
I didn't realize a new facility was needed, relocation can be a lot of work. It's doubtful anything has been run as a system with a facility change. I wonder if the relocated chamber referred to was what was shown on the EMC2 web site as WD-8.jpg. Next quarter could be very interesting. Optimistically, using the WD-7.1 confinement diagnostics test results and test instrument set up, progress with getting WD-8 up running and tuned would be good.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

I trust this report.

That means they are on schedule.

On schedule means that they *actually finished WB-8 on April 30*. Nebel probably had first fusion with it!

Rick, if you're reading this and you saw it in action April 30 and beyond and know it produces at least a plasma, you have my greatest congratulations! Good luck fine tuning the machine. Try to get some sleep and take care of your body (if you aren't).

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

mvan,

Well, the scheduled delivery date for WB-8 was 4/30/10, so as bennmann says if they're on schedule they may be running it, and they should at least be getting ready to.

Does Dunkin' Donuts accept Paypal?
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I do not think they have light off yet.
Maybe this quarter for power up and neutral gas test plasma.

I am also guessing that WB 8 containment did not fit in the door at 1202, or exceeded floor loading :shock: "new lab test facility"

The recovery update was anticlimatic. They apparently did pay (terms?) for something (WB8 test article/containment delivery?). The billing jumped up to almost $2million.

EMC2 can share more than they have, and not violate any sort of "proprietary" or meaningful "non-disclosure" conditions.

We shall see. Lots of supposition as usual. I am not done with FOIA, and as stated, I will provide updates when applicable. I continue to choose not to discuss my efforts.