Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Enginerd

Post by Enginerd »

ladajo wrote:On a separate note, any guesses on how long it will take Rick to update the the EMC2 page to show they moved to San Diego?
My other question is if anyone credible is in San Diego and can go knock the new door?
Perhaps they didn't announce the address change since they would prefer to avoid having Polywell groupies hanging around and surreptitiously strapping neutron counters and Geiger counters to the walls of their building. :-)

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

On a separate note, any guesses on how long it will take Rick to update the the EMC2 page to show they moved to San Diego?
I'll say April.

Maybe we can start a pool. The winner gets to take home the first neutron produced by WB-8, asssuming he can find it. Should be quite the collector's item.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

happyjack27

Post by happyjack27 »

TallDave wrote:
On a separate note, any guesses on how long it will take Rick to update the the EMC2 page to show they moved to San Diego?
I'll say April.

Maybe we can start a pool. The winner gets to take home the first neutron produced by WB-8, asssuming he can find it. Should be quite the collector's item.
i'm sure they'll be thousands of them for sale on e-bay.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

But how will we tell the counterfeit ones from China?

Aero

Post by Aero »

I don't think one neutron is enough incentive as a prize. How about a prize of the first mg of neutrons?

How many fusions would that be, anyway? I guess something like

Code: Select all

1x10-3 grams/ 1.6755 × 10-24 grams/neutron = 5.96837E+20 neutrons
That would only take a fraction of a second to create using DD reaction but longer if burning p-B11. Of course it would be up to the winner to count his winnings.
Aero

DeltaV

Post by DeltaV »

ladajo wrote:But how will we tell the counterfeit ones from China?
The counterfeit neutrons have signifcantly less decay half-life, much less than the standard 10 or so minutes. They also corrode copper wires and smell like sulfur.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Must be the lead based paint they use to color them.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

I come here for the humor.

pbreed

I visited LPP

Post by pbreed »

I visited the LPP/FocusFusion Lab, as a potential investor.

I went through the lab and got to watch several 8 switch shots. They have multiple different ways to detect neutrons and are clearly generating neautrons via D-D fusion.

They have obviously spent a fair bit in building their lab, but none of it was wasted in any way. They have good instrumentation and a well setup shielded room, but the rest of the lab space itself could be generously described as spartan.

Its obvious that the people working on the project are passionate about what they are doing and believe they have a pretty good shot at making it all work.

As a result I've decided to personally invest some $ in their business. If you are an accredited investor give them a call.

Paul

pbreed

Post by pbreed »

sorry wrong forum.....

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Now that was pretty funny...

pbreed

I also visited the EMC lab in San Diego....

Post by pbreed »

The new EMC^2 lab is about 1/2 mile from my office. So a week or so ago I drove by the new address posted here. They have clearly moved as EMC is listed on the building directory. There were a bunch of cars parked in front of their unit. Looking in from the outside you could see through their front window that they were working on a large device in the bay behind the front office space.

I knocked on the door and they were polite, but basically said they could not talk. I was inside for a few minutes, but I can't say more because at that point they asked me to sign an NDA which I will honor.

I can't really say any more than that about the machine or facility, because I can not clearly separate my impressions from outside and once inside and I will honor their NDA.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Thank you pbreed, and I personally deeply respect your honor for their NDA.

I am also glad they were polite to you.

Persevere in your awesomeness.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I think you may have been better off not saying anything here based on accepting the NDA.
That said, Bravo for knocking the door. If I was in San Diego, I would as well.
So how often do you flip between NJ and CA?

pbreed

Post by pbreed »

I live in the San Diego area, I've been to NJ one time in the last 10 years, when I flew back to consider investing in LPP.

All NDA's clearly exclude info you have before signing NDA and knowledge availible to the public not released by you.