Recovery.Gov Project Tracker

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Mine was fully legible.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

KitemanSA wrote:Mine was fully legible.
I'd recommend trying to download it again, as that should fix it if it the scrambling was caused by corruption during download. This is, of course, assuming you both pulled it from the same source.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

click:
save:
scan:
open.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

polyill, I think you took a data hit during the file transfer. I have clean copies as well.

polyill

Post by polyill »

Mmkey. I'll download again. Thanks for sharing yer mileage

EDIT: Bah.. it's because I opened it in browser. If I save and open with Adobe Reader - all is fine.

KitemanSA, thank you for the step by step guidance, I wouldn't make it without your generous help. I must admin though, I skipped the "scan" part. I hope you don't mind.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

polyill wrote: KitemanSA, thank you for the step by step guidance, I wouldn't make it without your generous help. I must admin though, I skipped the "scan" part. I hope you don't mind.
It is your computer dude. Risk away! :lol: :wink:

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

ladajo wrote:Well this is useful:

https://www.fpds.gov/dbsight/search.do? ... =939528956

Shows recorded contracts for EMC2.

Even more interesting is that on the current contract, the Navy (ONR via NAWC) has paid out a total of $7,855,504.14 to date on the WB-8 contract, with the latest payment being in 22 June, 2011 of $2,022,678.33

The evenmore interesting thing is a projected project completion date of 30 June, 2012. This does not include the WB-8.1 option, which would nominally complete 31 December, 2013. None of the WB 8.1 funds have been paided yet according to this data. It would also appear that they have been paid all of the funds for WB-8 at this point.

https://www.fpds.gov/common/jsp/LaunchW ... ersion=1.4

Here is the entire series for the current contract (WB-8):

https://www.fpds.gov/dbsight/search.do? ... 09C0125%22

I like transparent government :D
Ladajo, does this mean that EMC2 needs another contract addendum to keep running?
Best regards
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

IntLibber

Post by IntLibber »

mvanwink5 wrote:
ladajo wrote:Well this is useful:

https://www.fpds.gov/dbsight/search.do? ... =939528956

Shows recorded contracts for EMC2.

Even more interesting is that on the current contract, the Navy (ONR via NAWC) has paid out a total of $7,855,504.14 to date on the WB-8 contract, with the latest payment being in 22 June, 2011 of $2,022,678.33

The evenmore interesting thing is a projected project completion date of 30 June, 2012. This does not include the WB-8.1 option, which would nominally complete 31 December, 2013. None of the WB 8.1 funds have been paided yet according to this data. It would also appear that they have been paid all of the funds for WB-8 at this point.

https://www.fpds.gov/common/jsp/LaunchW ... ersion=1.4

Here is the entire series for the current contract (WB-8):

https://www.fpds.gov/dbsight/search.do? ... 09C0125%22

I like transparent government :D
Ladajo, does this mean that EMC2 needs another contract addendum to keep running?
Best regards
No, so long as WB8.1 work is authorized by previously passed budgets.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Well, yes, but not one that exceeds any publication requirement limit. If there is a letter mod to the contract to fund the option, it need not be "published" unless it exceeds $6.5M (this year). No sole-source justification is required since the last one covered all the optionable funding.

But it seems ladajo has other sources so he may be able to fine things that aren't "published".

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Does anyone know how to gain access to the PAYMENT records?

Everything I see so far is "contract amount" or "obligation amount". Anyone know where I can find "amount PAID"?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

There was a window to see payments, however it has since been closed or moved. I occasionally seek it, but so far public access to that info has remained elusive since the window closed. FPDO is useful as it does show contract activities to include payout authorizations. If any money is authorized to flow to the project it will show in FPDO.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

There does appear to be a very long and determined effort to fund polywell to its conclusion. I am appreciative of any window into this funding as research results are super scant.
Best regards
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

ladajo, I cannot begin to tell you how much "cred" you have with me because of the way you've handled this thread and others. I just wanted to let you know that if you ever stop in Atlanta, PM me for at least a free meal/beer (if I'm not broke at that time :) )

Happy new years to you and to everyone that reads this, I hope polywell comes into magnificent fruition in 2012, and we get to see the recovery reports in finality.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Thanks! I wish I had known that last year when I was in Atlanta. Stayed at the Ritz, and got around town a bit. Loved the Aquarium. Very cool. The Martin Luther King Center was also interesting, and the Park Service did a nice job on it. I also thought it was interesting that CNN allowed homeless people into the atrium at their building. Interesting city overall.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Wednesday February 1 is very soon. New report will be out in a few weeks!