More Helion Energy news....

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Re: More Helion Energy news....

Postby mvanwink5 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:04 pm

"I just want to add that. Clearly Peter Thiel does, or he would not be investing in Helion."

You make a good point that it would indeed be easy for Thiel to let key people know the positive status of the Fusion race. That is a good point, but it may be also that he does not want funds to go to Helion's competition. Same with TAE and GF.

Good to hear you have continued confidence. We all look forward to breakthrough news.
Near term, cheap, dark horse fusion hits the air waves, GF - TED, LM - Announcement. The race is on.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:10 pm

mvanwink5 wrote:"I just want to add that. Clearly Peter Thiel does, or he would not be investing in Helion."
You make a good point that it would indeed be easy for Thiel to let key people know the positive status of the Fusion race. That is a good point, but it may be also that he does not want funds to go to Helion's competition. Same with TAE and GF.

From what I understand, he was trying to talk to Trump about putting more funding into fusion startups, none the less. I don't think he got through to him :(
Musk also was on the advisory board for Trump for a while. He even stayed on after getting a lot of flack for doing so. But he has quit since. From what I understand Trump is not the kind of man, who takes others advice.

Skipjack

Postby Skipjack » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:11 pm

crowberry wrote:It is great that Helion Energy has been able to collect 30 MUSD over the past three years. Having their team expanded to 24 persons sounds also good. But unless they really publish something solid there could be a risk that the cash flow dries up if they encounter unexpected problems with the machine they are building.

I am sure that they could publish their results at any time, if necessary. From what I understand, right now they are doing what their investors want, which is to keep quiet.

Return to “News”