New article by Alan Boyle

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Nice that Polywell is specifically mentioned. I think its the first mainstream article I've read that specifically mentions it.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Was just reading that.. Pretty positive comments from Boyle, who so far has seemed to be well in touch with the realities of the project.
And it's still nice to see they're possibly looking at +50% of the recent 7M$ for pB11 experimentation later on. And kinda nuts that everything Polywell fusion could be in the future is all mostly hanging on a "tiny" ~10M$ string. Compared to some other more popular projects (regardless which ones exactly; all have the same objective).

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

krenshala wrote:Nice that Polywell is specifically mentioned. I think its the first mainstream article I've read that specifically mentions it.
Alan Boyle has been on this for a while.

Search on his name at:

http://iecfusiontech.blogspot.com/

Which minds me. I had better do a post.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

It's interesting that Nebel is now apparently not allowed to say anything.

If you're still reading, Rick, best of luck! We're all rooting for you here.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

TallDave wrote:It's interesting that Nebel is now apparently not allowed to say anything.

If you're still reading, Rick, best of luck! We're all rooting for you here.
My latest at IECF (link above) discusses the blackout.

http://iecfusiontech.blogspot.com/2009/ ... usion.html
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.