EEStor news

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Zenn is in the position to know what is going on, completely, no excuses. The City Zenn has had three stages in its short life: Stage 1 was planned development for sale, stage 2 was development just to demonstrate the technology, and stage three is now to abandon it as vaporware finally should be.

Once I realized the so called permittivity measurements in the EEStor patent were bogus, I put the company in the category of horse feathers and pigs with wings.

I like polywell because the theory, hardware, and test results are real, with no bogus claims, and a final result to be found in the near future (which is the exciting part).

Cheers
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Kahuna wrote:So who exactly do you think is doing the conning here?
The people investing in the scam.

Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside. William S. Burroughs
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

FutureMan

Post by FutureMan »

MSimon if you have evidence EESTOR is a scam please present it. If not you should retract your statement.

FutureMan

Post by FutureMan »

scareduck wrote:There is no highway-capable electric vehicle.
Zenn now makes low-speed electric vehicles, but in an apparent shift in strategy, Zenn Chief Executive Ian Clifford said on Tuesday the company no longer plans to distribute or sell its own highway-capable electric vehicle, partly due to an increasingly competitive market.

"The way things have really changed over the last year -- there have been such dramatic shifts and focus on electric vehicles -- it doesn't make a lot of business sense for us to go into the distribution and sale of the vehicle," he said.
There is no car because there is no EEStor EESU. Stick a fork in 'em.
Proof scareduck? or are you well.....scared?

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

MSimon wrote:
To be clear, your position is that EEStor and Zenn are perpetuating a scam on investors? If true, on what do you base your position?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Kahuna wrote:
MSimon wrote:
To be clear, your position is that EEStor and Zenn are perpetuating a scam on investors? If true, on what do you base your position?
A lack of public evidence of a workable device. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And then you have years of "real soon now..."

The latest is to the effect "all will be revealed by the end of September". So they have what? Six or seven more day?

They could put a sample in a black box with two wires coming out and let folks bring in their own eqpt and make tests. Still waiting.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Futureman,

Why not bring a sample back from the future and prove it works?

Hustlers of the world, there is one mark you cannot beat: the mark inside. William S. Burroughs

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

MSimon wrote:
Kahuna wrote:
MSimon wrote: The people investing in the scam.
A lack of public evidence of a workable device. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And then you have years of "real soon now..."

The latest is to the effect "all will be revealed by the end of September". So they have what? Six or seven more day?

They could put a sample in a black box with two wires coming out and let folks bring in their own eqpt and make tests. Still waiting.
We are obviously all still waiting (as we are for Polywell). I just wanted to to make sure what you were asserting and why. You have certainly painted a lot of folks with your broad brush of dishonest behavious. The list is long and includes some fairly distinguished people/firms.

Actually, EEStor never made a commitment to publicly disclose anything in September and I think you actually know that.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Distinguished does not preclude mistaken.

As to no announcement in September. Fine maybe next year or the year after.

Faith is a hard thing to shake. In fact it is usually only cured by death.

"A man believes what he wants to believe and disregards the rest" Paul Simon

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

The difference between EEStor and Polywell is that Polywell is based on known physics (the fusion side is not in doubt - just the losses). And every one says that overcoming the losses (which may or may not be done) is the key.

Where as EEStor is based on overcoming dielectric saturation. There are no published curves on capacitance vs voltage.

So I'm sceptical of Polywell and EEStor. I do have some faith in the Navy. There is no comparable organization watching EEStor.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

What else makes me sceptical? There are no capacitor companies beating down the door to EEStor.

Kahuna

Post by Kahuna »

MS,

For the record, I'm am not an EEStor "believer" as you imply (though I am a Paul Simon fan). I'm just trying to have an open mind about it all this (including Polywell). You make some good points and skepticism can certainly be justified based on them.

What I am a beleiver in, however, is not impuning the character of people with scam accusations unless there is proof of same. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and I do think there is certainly some of that left.

Peace.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Kahuna wrote:MS,

For the record, I'm am not an EEStor "believer" as you imply (though I am a Paul Simon fan). I'm just trying to have an open mind about it all this (including Polywell). You make some good points and skepticism can certainly be justified based on them.

What I am a beleiver in, however, is not impuning the character of people with scam accusations unless there is proof of same. I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt and I do think there is certainly some of that left.

Peace.
Supposedly they have a process (even if it is experimental) for making these capacitors. So where are the tests?

They could get enough money to have a factory turning these out by the millions with independent tests. Or they could license the tech to a capacitor maker and be rolling in dough. Why not?

All that has been going on points in one direction. I'll let you decide what that direction is. You know which direction I 99% lean.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

It is one of the occasions where I agree with Msimon. At the moment, I would not invest a single cent into that company.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

deleted
Last edited by D Tibbets on Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To error is human... and I'm very human.