FRC lecture on Google Video!

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Munchausen

FRC lecture on Google Video!

Post by Munchausen »

Message for all you amateur fusion enthusiasts out there: All TV-watching cancelled for today:

Here is your alternative pastime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuAV315__OE

Grab a cold beer, get down in your couch and relax. Come back for a healthy debate when ready. :D

Munchausen

Post by Munchausen »

Lousy technical quality. Almost useless.

Helius

Post by Helius »

If anyone sees these slides ever posted, Please let us know in this thread. I'm not going to finish this video, but I'd like to see the slides.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

This Google presentation was apparently by another lab. at the University of Washington. Their RFC is a stationary ... um... bubble in the center of the machine that is maintained steady state. He mentioned that another lab was using a pulsed approach that fires from both ends to meet in the center (version that I believe has been discussed some here). He said the other lab is (?) able to punch in much more energy than they have been able to do. Their maximum temperatures have been ~ 200 eV.

I wonder which of these two approaches Tri Alpha is persuing, or if there are other FRC approaches.

Dan Tibbets
Last edited by D Tibbets on Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Munchausen

Post by Munchausen »

If anyone sees these slides ever posted, Please let us know in this thread. I'm not going to finish this video, but I'd like to see the slides.
Some googling gave this:

http://depts.washington.edu/rppl/presen ... index.html

Look for Grossnickles papers