Better light bulbs through science

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Professor Science

Post by Professor Science »

This is older, but also pretty cool.

http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2008/03/ ... ight-bulb/

I think it would have some real applications for indoor gardening. Using it for regular lighting may cause sunburns.
The pursuit of knowledge is in the best of interest of all mankind.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

If these guys could cause a surface to emit preferentially in the band gap frequency of a silicon PV cell, they may be on the way to 70+% efficient solar cells. Pardon me, solar THERMAL cells.

Scupperer

Post by Scupperer »

Well, it doesn't matter anyway. Incandescents are being banned. Not only will they have to industrialize their laser, they'll have to pay off politicians to reverse the ban.
Perrin Ehlinger

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Scupperer wrote:Well, it doesn't matter anyway. Incandescents are being banned. Not only will they have to industrialize their laser, they'll have to pay off politicians to reverse the ban.
In America the "ban" is efficiency related. So if they can get to 50 W for 100W of light they will be OK. I think.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.