Any love for Polywell from Obama?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Helius

Post by Helius »

MSimon wrote: ..... It is also preventing the most effective deployment of venture capital. ....
I skimmed the Wikipedia writeup about ..SOX... I didn't see the mechanism that would effect the deployment of venture Capital. What is it?

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

Helius wrote:
MSimon wrote: ..... It is also preventing the most effective deployment of venture capital. ....
I skimmed the Wikipedia writeup about ..SOX... I didn't see the mechanism that would effect the deployment of venture Capital. What is it?
I've had the fortunate/unfortunate experience to implement SOX compliance for corporations in the past. It's typically the costs to get to SOX compliance as well as fines for non-compliance. Right now there isn't that much push for non-public traded companies to be SOX compliant but large venture capitalist that are publicly traded need to be under compliance. Charges can be several 100K per incident on up.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

gblaze42 wrote:
Helius wrote:
I've had the fortunate/unfortunate experience to implement SOX compliance for corporations in the past. It's typically the costs to get to SOX compliance as well as fines for non-compliance. Right now there isn't that much push for non-public traded companies to be SOX compliant but large venture capitalist that are publicly traded need to be under compliance. Charges can be several 100K per incident on up.
I believe it also adversely affects how stock options are accounted for.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

jgarry

Post by jgarry »

I gotta tell ya, I could almost feel for some people on this site. They're politically homeless. There are a lot of conservative ideas that sound great to me. Hell, under Clinton a lot of these ideas had their best demonstration. Full employment, budget surpluses.
Low taxes? Fine with me.
Sound defense? I'm good with that.
Cut social programs? Make jobs and prosperity instead? Check.
But strangely there doesn't seem to be any such animal in the real political world. I was just watching Tom Delay on Chris Matthews. My god what a difficult buffoon.
In 2004 the dems took back their party. They kicked out the loser class of political consultants and got busy and made changes.
I would suggest that some gop folk need to do the same. Try this idea as sort of a starter. Government isn't evil. Destroying the federal government isn't a good idea. It's a lunatic notion. If you really want to achieve a real permanent majority I would suggest you first try to govern effectively.
But that's just my opinion. Do what you want. The bulls are in overtime.

gblaze42

Post by gblaze42 »

MSimon wrote:
gblaze42 wrote:
Helius wrote: I skimmed the Wikipedia writeup about ..SOX... I didn't see the mechanism that would effect the deployment of venture Capital. What is it?
I believe it also adversely affects how stock options are accounted for.
True, companies who can afford to offer stock options have to go through stringent regulations, but they aren't what they you used to be.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. George Washington

So government evil? No more so than a fire burning your house. But sentiment generally is that fires be limited to furnaces, fireplaces, water heaters, and stoves. More or less. However, in the interest of fairness there are some who might consider burning your house a contribution to at least their personal good if not the general good. As to what is good for you? If you have to ask you are already behind the curve.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.