3D Gun

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

paperburn1

Re: 3D Gun

Post by paperburn1 »

TDPerk wrote:
kunkmiester wrote:Easier than the low melting point alloys would probably be to get a electron beam fusion machine like a "metalicarap" that can fuse high end alloys.
http://reprap.org/wiki/MetalicaRap
Any idea what the cost and availability of the materials is, and the first piece cost (capital and time) and next piece cost (production cost and time), for something like an AR15 receiver?
600 dollars material and 600 dollars in electricity was what one guy figured out on a build it site. I do not have the link but will look for it.
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

kunkmiester

Post by kunkmiester »

Why exactly are these 'hunters' required. Would the US be overrun with terrifying deer and bear if there wasn't an army of highly trained (cough)
fat bellied assholes running around in the woods shooting critters on sight?
Ad hominem aside, it's ironic that we would be overrun with deer. In most of the US the normal predators, wolves, cougars, coyotes, have been eradicated or cut down to very low numbers, and there is nothing else to keep prey populations in check. Hunting isn't the reason for the 2nd amendment though.
Evil is evil, no matter how small

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

303 wrote:
Skipjack wrote: You need the hunters. Hunters need guns
Why exactly are these 'hunters' required. Would the US be overrun with terrifying deer and bear if there wasn't an army of highly trained (cough)
fat bellied assholes running around in the woods shooting critters on sight?
Actually the damage to domestic forrests from an overpopulation of deer can be significant. Said damage reduces the return of the wood industry here. I also want to add that hunters here contribute to fighting the spread of ravies. But of course you moron would not know that.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

Skipjack wrote:
kunkmiester wrote:People in government
Ohh, please! You can not ban people from going hunting.
There's a strong overlap between those who would ban firearms in the hands of the general public and those who would ban hunting.

If you remember the legend of Robin Hood, one of his "crimes" was hunting in the king's woods. The watermelons in the US would love to declare the wilds as a pristine no hunting zone.
Also in a democracy, you can vote the morons off.
Democracy only works when the majority of voters are lead by wisdom and virtue. When incompetent clowns are reelected to office based on advanced sales of stolen goods, when gross election misconduct (new black panthers in 2008; republican pole watchers thrown out in 2012; and IRS misconduct which I don't expect to have real consequences from the current regime) gains no punishment, the trust some of us have in democracy is at a low.
The daylight is uncomfortably bright for eyes so long in the dark.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Luckily the morons that would ban huting are the minority, only those that do not understand why it is needed.
Also understand that people loosing trust in democracy only helps the oligarchs that would benefit from its destruction. The best you can do is to use the mechanisms of democracy to fight those that want to pervert it. And that is on both sides. Just look at what the republicans did with the Ron Paul supporters!

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

" Just look at what the republicans did with the Ron Paul supporters!"

What? We told the truth about how we felt about that idiot.

Back in 80's when he needed money, he played footsie with the Stormfront/NeoNazi types. He claims it's all Lew Rockwell's fault, but the prints came out with Ron Paul's name on them.

He's unintelligently isolationist, and doesn't seem to know the value of changing what can be better changed slowly enough that the changes don't cause more pain than the policies which should be ended.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Skipjack,
Nice move! You made the Bluebloods step in it again, like pushing a button. Were they always like that? I voted Republican my whole life, but this last election opened my eyes. Big Brother O or his little blueblood cousin is no choice.
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

TDPerk

Post by TDPerk »

mvanwink, you forgot your /sarc tag.
molon labe
montani semper liberi
para fides paternae patria

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

:lol: There is no path through this insanity. Time to move to an astroid.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

mvanwink5 wrote::lol: There is no path through this insanity. Time to move to an astroid.
Amen..
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

hanelyp wrote:
Also in a democracy, you can vote the morons off.
Democracy only works when the majority of voters are lead by wisdom and virtue.
Democracies can only work when the populace can state an unambiguous, unequivocal "NO!" That function used to be provided by randomly selected juries who knew their responsibility to judge not only the fact, but the law, in a case. Juries could nullify bad law by refusing to convict. But since a Sups decision in the late 1800s, that power has been whittled away because the knowledge has been whittled away. The judges can now LIE to the juries and tell them that they may only judge the facts. The Sups ruled that such lies were not an appealable misconduct of the trial. Thus endth democracy, the will of the people.

For more info, contact FIJA, the Fully Informed Jury Association, at http://fija.org/

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

mvanwink5 wrote::lol: There is no path through this insanity. Time to move to an astroid.
I can see one path through, but it involves cities burning, looting, killing, starvation, etc. thinning the ranks of the idiocracy.

Getting out of the way while the Burning takes place is the hard part.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Somehow I don't think that will end well. No sugar daddy to spend trillions on infrastructure, then kiss and make it better.

hanelyp

Post by hanelyp »

The basic inputs to an economy are raw materials, labor, energy, and information. Money is an accounting tool, though granted a very good one if used properly. If parasites are cleaned out in the Burning, the recovery can proceed without a sugar daddy.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

hanelyp wrote:The basic inputs to an economy are raw materials, labor, energy, and information. Money is an accounting tool, though granted a very good one if used properly. If parasites are cleaned out in the Burning, the recovery can proceed without a sugar daddy.
I'm against the burning on practical grounds. People will clamor for a "make it stop" leader. And you know what the run of the mill of those kind are.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.