Focus Fusion news story

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
krenshala wrote:I'm curious: What do you base your "at least ... tens [of] meters" on for the alpha collectors?
Not needed?
You can't have it both ways. Either you think the collectors aren't needed, or you think they are. You claimed they need to be tens of meters in size, and I would like to know what you base that statement on. Now you state they aren't needed.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

what is your point? The paper doesnt say anything about size, what you're bitching about, and a quick look on google, and also intuitively, suggests that a system of direct energy conversion from alpha particles will not make the whole system that much bigger. If the polywell core isnt much better, I dont know they might have problems with thermalization or something, the whole reactor will still not be bigger than just the core of ITER.

You know what? forget it, you're absolutely right about everything. ONR didnt say anything favorable about polywell, and whoever said it isnt a plasma physicist so they cant say anything, because every member of government needs to have deep understanding in every branch of science to make any decision of science, because they cant have scientists explain it to them to help them make an informed decision.

I'm sorry, you're also right about tokamaks not suffering problems with micro control, physical materials, etc. No it's a heating problem, despite two of my professors, both credible plasma physicists, saying otherwise. (you can look one of them up, there's exactly 1 stellerator/tokamak hybrid in the united states, and guess where I used to go to school at? yes, exactly that school that has that 1 stellerator/tokamak hybrid. Next time you explain the Lawson criterion, like I didnt take a whole class on plasma physics, be sure to think about how it's not as simple as that, micro instabilities that sometimes happen and sometimes doesnt happen, island instabilities, etc, all these things just happen, how is it not a control problem? This is not counting in the engineering challenge of finding a material that can withstand the radiation intensity of a burning plasma. Hint: we cant find one yet, it may not exist

You're right about alpha direct conversion system needing to be 10s of meters, I dont even know where you got that from. You're that polywell can not get to beta=1, when they have data (not public data, but still data) saying they have gone to that region. I shouldnt try to argue this, but if what Dr. B claimed earlier in his video and other publications was wildly wrong, and the people at emc2 proved that, which they didnt, they proved the data and the implications of that data of Dr. B were pretty good, why would they even continue? If it was all fake, why would they continue?

We didnt want oppositions to go away, we wanted Art Carlson and chrismb to stay, because at least they listened, they were thoughtful, we can debate and discuss with them. But guess what? we cant debate and discuss polywell if you're always right.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

krenshala

Post by krenshala »

I don't mind him thinking he's always right. My problem is he only rarely shows us why he thinks he's right, and on those few occasions he reverts to "because you are wrong" when anyone tries to debate his conclusions.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

your credible plasma physicists professors said that only single way of driving current is in TOKAMAK - by induction. That's wrong. Bootstrap current, beam driven current is the second way and major for this day.

your credible plasma physicists professors also said that H-mode is not well understood. May be for them. As H-mode is known since 90s of last century - about 20 years. So, at least of one generation of TOKAMAK researchers grow learning H-mode.

Etc.

Instabilities are the challenge in any plasma device. But TOKAMAKs provide proved capability to confine plasma at least several seconds. So, instabilities there are controllable. Your creditable professors said that this is impossible. What you can learn from them?

Good luck, Mr. "I've just googled and now argue".
Simply, people talking about happy future with aneutronic fuel forgetting that we till now we could not use easier neutronic have a little responsibility.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
ladajo wrote:
Joseph Chikva wrote:I am really interested. Can you provide the link?
Or that was a secret statement for narrow cicle? You, Kiteman and some others?
Well, I guess simply that you do not know the right people. Nor have you encouraged who you know to help you. I put what I know in the forum. I also put pointers so others can investigate on their own and provide critical commentary.

As far as I can tell Joseph, you do not encourage anyone with any "inside information" to share it with you. Really, your behavior tends to drive them away. If there is any "insider" stuff going on here, I will be bold enough to say you are not in the loop.

And, I say again, ONR has commented on Polywell. You just haven't noticed nor bothered to see where and how. Find it yourself if you are that interested.
I guess that you are only the member of Polywell's promotional team. As your these words are very similar to Rossi's words about "secret and happy" US customer.
You can take the man outta Georgia...
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Second, I have kindly asked information. Ladajo said that he holds an insider information. Thank you for link.
Well, let's see. Hmm.
Would I ever confirm or deny to you that I had insider information? Or, that I have talked with John Pazik, Lynn Peterson, Nevin Carr, Larry Triola or any others whose names have not yet been mentioned.

Ummm.....

No.

You do not in anyway inspire me to help you. BTW, Larry Triola's paper was written for the DON Energy Task Force. Shortly after it went public on DTIC it was hung here, and also picked up by other sources. Maybe you should go back and find those conversations. You might learn something.
You might also learn that DTIC comes in several flavors, and only one of which is accessible to the public. It should make you wonder what is hung on DTIC that can not been seen by the public.

I do not think John Pazik made such comments as were claimed here at that symposium. But what do I know.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ladajo wrote: Would I ever confirm or deny to you that I had insider information? Or, that I have talked with John Pazik, Lynn Peterson, Nevin Carr, Larry Triola or any others whose names have not yet been mentioned.
I am glad for you.
But form of question does matter too. As I understand these all honorable people are not plasma physicists. As ask to any admiral would he like to have like and compact power plant allowing to do mission better and with easy loggistic (no fuel during years is needed). And all they will answer that this is would be excellent if possible. And possibility is a big problem.
What rare Admiral can say about fusion concept viability? Task force? They know plasma?

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

Joseph Chikva wrote:As I understand these all honorable people are not plasma physicists.
How do you know enough to understand this? Have you talked to any of them? Or are they all liars until proven truthful as with Ladajo? Maybe the universe only exists if Joseh Chikva is present to witness and approve it.

Rhetorical questions
You can do anything you want with laws except make Americans obey them. | What I want to do is to look up S. . . . I call him the Schadenfreudean Man.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

How do you know what or what not they are?

That is very presumptive on your part, especially without ever looking for yourself.

For the record, there are plenty of naval officers who are trained researchers and scientists. Just because somebody has Commander, Captain or even Admiral in front of his name does not mean he is not a research scientist. It may surprise you to the number of Line Officers who do actual scientific research during their US Navy careers.

But again, given your demonstrated lack of willingness to actually understand what you pass judgement on, it does not surprise me that you are unaware of things like what "ONR" is, as well and what "NPS" is, and other entities like DARPA or FFRDCs and some other ones I am not bothered to name.

It would remain apparent that if I tell you that there is an entire Post Graduate Institution that the navy owns that has been dedicated to technical science research for its entire existance, you would not believe it. Especially if I told you that the bulk of the students that do Graduate Research there are also warfighting officers with undergraduate engineering degrees representing the full swath of discplines.

But as usual, I am obviously just making shyte up to to cause your yapping empty word mouth some stress.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

For folks other than Joseph, you may find this interesting:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2009power/2009power.html

or for a wider swath:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/

If you are game, you can sign up for the ONR 2012 energy massive multi-player. Link in Phil Cullom's 2011 opener. I would also take a look at Rich Carlin's presentation from the October 2011 Navy Energy forum.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

If you are too lazy to browse, here is Rich Carlin's bit:

http://www.dtic.mil/ndia/2011navy/Carlin.pdf

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

And as an afterthought...(kind of)...if you want to understand the issues faced for shipboard power, Lynn Peterson's bit is good as well. He has a couple of nice summary slides showing afloat energy needs.

Joseph, please do not bother to look at any of this. As it is all stuff I have discussed here over the last couple of years.

Netmaker

Post by Netmaker »

Thanks for the additional links Ladajo!

Although I'm mainly a lurker I appreciate the extra effort I've seen you extend to helping people on the forum.

BTW, I'm a Navy brat and if you're familiar with the NRS (now the NMCRS) I wrote and supported (end-user, 20 bases+HQ) the software for their first automated case management system.

Best Wishes to you

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

I am sure there are a lot of kids who are happy that you did that, without them even knowing it ever happened.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

ladajo wrote:For the record, there are plenty of naval officers who are trained researchers and scientists.
I see how trained they are in engineering and plasma. Thanks.
Dr. Nebel also multply published plasma physicist says that he can run device at beta=1.
Admiral together with Capitan are going to install 5 m diameter anutronic power plant forgetting that this also need energy converter that will be much bigger than reactor.
I do not want to go on this discussion, ladajo.
Goodbye.