LENR Is Real

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

tomclarke

Re: LENR Is Real

Post by tomclarke »

Right, but the powder, mixed with what at high temperatures will be a reducing agent, sintered, will form porous nickel. It is expected. No LENR required.

You do, however, need a fairly hefty heater. Funny that LENR excess heat experiments always seem to need that...

parallel

Post by parallel »

From Norway's largest newspaper Aftenposten.

snip
Rossi himself is not available for the press, but expresses itself via its website Journal of Nuclear Physics. Where he emphasizes again that no conclusions can be drawn before the test period, which began three or four months ago, is completely over. But Aftenposten receives confirmation from another, independent source that the production unit is a reality and that the secret customer actually buys into steam. This source has heavy scientific background in relevant subjects, has even been present and able to inspect the container. The reason that he does not want to be named, is that it is considered very dangerous for his career to embrace the highly controversial phenomenon of cold fusion. Meanwhile, confidence then rising at Defence Research yesterday went out in Aftenposten and prayed Research retrieve wallet to fund research on LENR.

http://www.aftenposten.no/fakta/innsikt ... 65631.html

parallel

Post by parallel »

snip
In shipping container has many so-called E-Cat units. Andrea Rossi reports that he has designed the system so that the energy generated by an E-Cat can be used to provide energy to other devices in the container. Thus it is not necessary to energize all the time, and the container can for long periods go in so-called even mode. This means that the efficiency is many times higher than three, and that technology therefore will be correspondingly much more commercially viable.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:But Aftenposten receives confirmation from another, independent source that the production unit is a reality and that the secret customer actually buys into steam. This source has heavy scientific background in relevant subjects, has even been present and able to inspect the container.
Secret Research Labs
Secret Catalytic Material
Secret Reactions Process
Secret Industrial Customers
Secret Military Customers
Secret Technical Reports
Secret Scientists Reporters
Secret Technology Agreements
Secret Journalistic Sources
Secret Florida Factory
....(add your own here).....

It beats me to what is the actual logic to release all these news info if everything inside them are undisclosable "secrets".... :roll:

On a bright side, once he ends up in jail he could have a bright future as a script writer.
Let me grab another bowl of popcorn in the meantime.
A society of dogmas is a dead society.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,
It might be different if the patent system worked and America would allow patents on cold fusion. As they don't I suppose you, as a troll, are foolish enough to think you should just give away any secrets as soon as they are discovered or developed.
Not that you would believe anything that was post 1970s science.

Not only that, you are daft enough to propose Rossi should guess the results before the end of the test and publish them - just to keep the trolls from complaining.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Not worth comment.

<munches popcorn>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

parallel

Post by parallel »

From Mats Lewan/e-catworld.
http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/06/22/no ... gano-team/

snip
And it’s from Bo Høistad that we get the most interesting piece of information regarding an upcoming report of another apparently successful E-Cat Replication. From the article:

Bo Høistad, who is co-author of the Swedish reports, saying that the articles have not yet been published in a scientific journal because they have verified the results of a new experiment that is independent of Rossi in Italy. An article with further information regarding this is now under preparation. According Høistad it made three independent, similar experiments after their first report, all of which have produced the wanted excess energy.

This means that the reports that we have been hearing of the Lugano team carrying out a replication seem to be accurate — and now it seems that the replication has been successful. If we can get a detailed report from this team on their reactor build and testing protocol, it could go a long way in helping other replicators — which should help with greater public visibility and acceptance of the reality of the Rossi Effect.

Axil

Post by Axil »

parallel wrote:From Mats Lewan/e-catworld.
http://www.e-catworld.com/2015/06/22/no ... gano-team/

snip
And it’s from Bo Høistad that we get the most interesting piece of information regarding an upcoming report of another apparently successful E-Cat Replication. From the article:

Bo Høistad, who is co-author of the Swedish reports, saying that the articles have not yet been published in a scientific journal because they have verified the results of a new experiment that is independent of Rossi in Italy. An article with further information regarding this is now under preparation. According Høistad it made three independent, similar experiments after their first report, all of which have produced the wanted excess energy.

This means that the reports that we have been hearing of the Lugano team carrying out a replication seem to be accurate — and now it seems that the replication has been successful. If we can get a detailed report from this team on their reactor build and testing protocol, it could go a long way in helping other replicators — which should help with greater public visibility and acceptance of the reality of the Rossi Effect.

From Jed Rothwell to vortex-l

No Lugano confirmations after all. Let us hope the news about Rossi's megawatt reactor is not also mistaken. Quoting Peter's blog:

Bo Hoistadt wrote:

Dear Peter,

I sent the message to you yesterday evening. I don’t know from where the information comes that we have confirmed the Lugano results. It must be a misunderstanding. We are working on a test experiment in Uppsala as you know, but no results are available yet. The confirmations of the Lugano results I know of are the two Russians and one Chinese. Maybe these are the ones the article refers to?

Best regards

parallel

Post by parallel »

Axil,
The meaning is far from clear in some of these translated messages, but my impression was that the Lugano team had carried out a further series of experiments, not that their original work had been confirmed. As I wrote originally their original temperature measurements were flawed.

Ladajo,
What was the point of your contentless post? Do trolls have to see their name on every page?

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

His point was succinct. Worthy post, IMO.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

parallel wrote:Giorgio,
It might be different if the patent system worked and America would allow patents on cold fusion. As they don't I suppose you, as a troll, are foolish enough to think you should just give away any secrets as soon as they are discovered or developed.
Ah right, the problem now is "The patent system"!
Silly me, I thought that it was Rossi who REFUSED to divulge to the the patent examiner fundamental information regarding the working of the eCat, as the examiner clearly detailed in his final rejection statement:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/258595858/USP ... ssi-Patent.
For the sake of conciseness, you can go directly to "Point 25" of the above paper, where the reasons of refusal are quite clearly mentioned.

Unfortunately also Mr. Rossi seems have poor understanding skills, as in his last patent application he fails once again to provide the specification for the "Nickel powder and the Catalyst" composing the fuel of the eCat, failing once again to understand the basic logic and concept of what a Patent is all about.

Anyhow, keep blaming the system. I understand that for some people this is a much easier truth to accept.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Giorgio,
As you know perfectly well, the US Patent Office basically rejects the patent because they don't believe LENR works. Same as you don't.

I understand it is easier for you to believe it doesn't work until the evidence mounts further and you can actually buy an E-Cat. Keep digging the hole deeper and it will eventually collapse around you.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

As you know perfectly well, the US Patent Office basically rejects the patent because they don't believe LENR works. Same as you don't.

I understand it is easier for you to believe it doesn't work until the evidence mounts further and you can actually buy an E-Cat. Keep digging the hole deeper and it will eventually collapse around you.
Same reply as usual parallel, uh?

Whenever one points to the errors in your logic you revert to meaningless replies.
The only think you are right about is that indeed I have been digging so many holes into this silly story since it come out that it now seems a piece of Swiss cheese.

But what's really meaningful for everyone that has been reading this board in the last 4 years is that you have never been able to close even one of all the technical holes and logic fallacies that me and other people pointed out in this story.

We will be waiting for the eCat to reach the market with (not really much) trepidation. Meantime I wish to think that supported by your strong belief you already forfeited your heating plan for the coming winter.
I also hope that you live in a very very cold place, as sometimes a direct experience is better than a thousand posts on a board :roll:

Axil

Post by Axil »

Giorgio wrote:

Same reply as usual parallel, uh?

Whenever one points to the errors in your logic you revert to meaningless replies.
The only think you are right about is that indeed I have been digging so many holes into this silly story since it come out that it now seems a piece of Swiss cheese.

But what's really meaningful for everyone that has been reading this board in the last 4 years is that you have never been able to close even one of all the technical holes and logic fallacies that me and other people pointed out in this story.

We will be waiting for the eCat to reach the market with (not really much) trepidation. Meantime I wish to think that supported by your strong belief you already forfeited your heating plan for the coming winter.
I also hope that you live in a very very cold place, as sometimes a direct experience is better than a thousand posts on a board :roll:
It is true that the U.S. scientific community, government, patent office, U.S. based global oil and gas companies, and so on, have a very hostile attitude toward the goals and methods that Rossi has employed in the past and wants to employ in the future. His “too cheap to copy” strategy comes from the Chinese industrial method of market segment monopoly building. This method has been employed to make China the unchallenged manufacturer of solar cells and wind mills worldwide.

Industrial heat and Rossi are on the same page here. The purpose of both Cherokee LLC and Rossi is the cleanup of the pollution caused by fossil fuels. China is the top candidate for a clean out and restructuring of their energy sector. Industrial heat will partner with China in the manufacturing and sales effort of the E-Cat. China will build a city to manufacture the E-Cat. The head of the communist party can make things happen and overrule regulations. The U.S. on the other hand will get its attack dog, the NRC, to keep the E-Cat out of the U.S. and all the countries that the U.S. dominate. But the E-Cat will dominate in China and over time China will become an unchallenged military, cultural, and commensal world power.

China will dominate in science and there will be a brain drain of the best and most open minded to China where a new era of science will flower. Chinese will become the global language and in the do course of time, China will colonize the outer solar system. The arrogant western science that had rejected Rossi will wither away and those who opposed Rossi will become unemployed as the great centers of learning move to the east. The relics of pompous certitude will eventually pass from the memory of science as a result of lingering spiritual and physical starvation. Stupidity is a cardinal intellectual sin and has a terrible price of retribution to be paid. The time of the judgement of civilizations is at hand. The U.S. and all those who advise here will pay a terrible price for their pride and arrogance.

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

Whoa. So not embracing Rossi will result in the complete destruction of Western Civ and will result in the Chinese taking over the solar system? darn, I had no idea the stakes were so high.