10KW LENR Demonstrator?

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

DancingFool

Post by DancingFool »

Axil wrote:I agree, Defkalion should use tungsten right from the start.
Axil, don't be obtuse. I never said Defkalion should use tungsten. You did, so now you're agreeing with yourself.
Paradoxically, the use of tungsten will make for a more cost effective reactor product. Tungsten will eliminated the need for large hydrogen storage feed tanks. This will make the Rossi reactor safer and cheaper to build, field, license, inspect, and maintain.
And just how would tungsten construction eliminate hydrogen tanks?
In a tungsten walled Rossi reactor, the nano-powder will melt before the tungsten shell; ergo a safe exposition resistant configuration.
The nickel will melt first in a stainless steel reactor, also.

Axil, you are missing the point. You have implicitly accepted the need for reactor changes relative to what we know of Rossi's design. What other changes need to be made? With no review by the GAEC or some other organization which can bring expertise to bear, any number of fatal flaws may be lurking in the woodwork. That Rossi has not undergone such review is strong evidence that he is a fraud.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he strafed the lifeboats.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

KitemanSA wrote:
Carl White wrote: This seems like a fairly compelling argument, to me. The degree of collective idiocy required to establish and build a $200 million manufacturing facility without having tested beforehand whether the proposed product actually works would just have to be beyond the ludicrous. Who ever would do such a thing?
Someone who SAYS they are setting up a $200M facility while taking in $400M in pre-orders?
$400 million in pre-orders, pre-paid, would require even greater collective idiocy.

You might be willing to place an order for unproven technology (why not?), but wouldn't you stipulate the unit must be installed and working before payment is required?

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

$400 million in pre-orders, pre-paid, would require even greater collective idiocy.
Televangelism is alive and well still....so not so far fetched.

Axil

Post by Axil »

DancingFool wrote:
Axil wrote:I agree, Defkalion should use tungsten right from the start.
Axil, don't be obtuse. I never said Defkalion should use tungsten. You did, so now you're agreeing with yourself.
Paradoxically, the use of tungsten will make for a more cost effective reactor product. Tungsten will eliminated the need for large hydrogen storage feed tanks. This will make the Rossi reactor safer and cheaper to build, field, license, inspect, and maintain.
And just how would tungsten construction eliminate hydrogen tanks?
In a tungsten walled Rossi reactor, the nano-powder will melt before the tungsten shell; ergo a safe exposition resistant configuration.
The nickel will melt first in a stainless steel reactor, also.

Axil, you are missing the point. You have implicitly accepted the need for reactor changes relative to what we know of Rossi's design. What other changes need to be made? With no review by the GAEC or some other organization which can bring expertise to bear, any number of fatal flaws may be lurking in the woodwork. That Rossi has not undergone such review is strong evidence that he is a fraud.
It has been reported that gamma ray bursts occur at startup and shutdown of high COP Rossi reactor designs. The Rossi process is radiation safe at high temperatures, but will produce gamma rays at low hydrogen envelope temperatures.

To avoid this issue, Rossi has downsized his reactor module to avoid this low temperature window of gamma production venerability.

By using tungsten in its construction, no gamma radiation escape will be possible no matter what the COP is and/or the startup temperature in the event that the lead shielding is maliciously removed.

Hydrogen leakage is extremely high when stainless steel is used as a shell for the reaction vessel in a high temperature and pressure environment. On the other hand, tungsten will greatly reduce hydrogen escape from the reaction chamber.

I personally don’t like the reduction of COP as a way to control gamma radiation.

Using multiple modules in series is a wasteful design compared to a high COP single module.

I am not saying that the Rossi design is flawed. I am saying that it can be made more cost effective and powerful, IMHO.
That Rossi has not undergone such review is strong evidence that he is a fraud.
Unbeknownst to you, such a review would have already been done at the DOE in preparation for possible field use by the DOD in the USA.

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

Axil wrote: ..............................

It has been reported that gamma ray bursts occur at startup and shutdown of high COP Rossi reactor designs. The Rossi process is radiation safe at high temperatures, but will produce gamma rays at low hydrogen envelope temperatures.

To avoid this issue, Rossi has downsized his reactor module to avoid this low temperature window of gamma production venerability.

I hope it is apparent that a stage where gammas are produced and a stage where gammas are not produced implies, not one, but two different nuclear reaction processes, neither of which are explained.

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

All right, gentlemen, we can all go home now. :roll:
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

Axil

Post by Axil »

D Tibbets wrote:

I hope it is apparent that a stage where gammas are produced and a stage where gammas are not produced implies, not one, but two different nuclear reaction processes, neither of which are explained.

Dan Tibbets
Tom, please permit me to explain:

I think that heavy Rydberg matter dipole shielding of the nickel nuclei allow protons to penetrate the nuclear coulomb barrier of nickel atoms.

In Rydberg matter, this dipole shielding goes as the 7th power of the number of atoms in the Rydberg matter assemblages. This polarization of Rydberg matter is clearly huge and can easily overcome the coulomb potential in the nickel atoms.

In Rydberg matter, all the dipole moments of all the constituent atoms are coordinated and identical.

Furthermore, the coherent nature of Rydberg matter range from just a single atom to large numbers in excess of 100 based upon the temperature and pressure of the hydrogen envelope; the higher the pressure and temperature, the greater on the average is the number of member atoms in the Rydberg matter assemblages. In other words, the higher the temperature of this hydrogen envelope, the greater is the number of coherent atoms that join the Rydberg matter assemblages.

Tom:

You may have not considered how nuclear reactions affect atoms in a large assemblage of coherent and entangled atoms.

In such a collection, what happens to one member of such a coherent collection happens to them all. It may well be that an averaging effect takes place where the nuclear energy output of one atom is averaged over a hundred or more atoms in the coherent collection.

Nuclear reactions inside a quantum condensate have yet to be studied.

Tom look at this reference:

http://cold-atoms.physics.lsa.umich.edu ... ckade.html

From this reference, the dipole blockade of the 80 atom Rydberg matter assemblages is .3 microns.

Any nickel atom within this blockade distance is subject to intense dipole masking in addition to being forced into coherence with the Rydberg assemblages.

Rydberg matter sits on top of the nano-powder and completely negates coulomb repulsion of the nuclei of these nickel atoms that they cover.

However, when Rydberg coherence is not yet fully established or is breaking down, gamma radiation production will occur, not being completely negated by atomic coherence. This happens when the temperature and/or the pressure of the hydrogen envelope is lowering or low.

This is where the gamma radiation bursts from the Rossi reactor sometimes come from.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Carl White wrote:You might be willing to place an order for unproven technology (why not?), but wouldn't you stipulate the unit must be installed and working before payment is required?
Oh, but you'll save so much in this bad economy that you may just stay in business, and the demand is so high that those who prepay X percent will be serviced first. Get your dollars in now!

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

DancingFool wrote:The nickel will melt first in a stainless steel reactor, also.
Nickel should melt?
So, its temperature should be 1455 °C? In hydrogen atmosphere?
Has anybody create the material reliably running in those conditions?
There is no such materials.
The highest temperature using in industrial processes is about 950 °C. Let's say 1000 °C. And not more. This is hydrocarbons pirolisis process. And special grade stainless steel is used.

Also in jet engines and gas turbines about 1300 °C temperature of gas. And those are as a rule Nickel alloys (can be alloyed with aluminum and not tungsten :) )
But with special cooling methods. And I am not sure that turbine parts except of their surfaces experience so high temperature. Nevertheless very intense erosion. And lifetime of those parts do not exceed a few hundreds hours.

Please, go down to Earth, dear sirs.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:Get your dollars in now!
Have you already bought Lamborghini?
Or only coffee machine? :)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Carl White wrote:This seems like a fairly compelling argument, to me. The degree of collective idiocy required to establish and build a $200 million manufacturing facility without having tested beforehand whether the proposed product actually works would just have to be beyond the ludicrous. Who ever would do such a thing?
There are more people than you can imagine out there for whom $10M or $50M are considered a narrow investment.
They just need someone they trust to convince them that this is a good business, worth investing.

Do you remember Madoff?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Joseph Chikva wrote: Nobody considers tungsten as first wall material, stainless steel - yes, aluminum - yes, niobium - may be, molybdenum - may be, etc.
Now, I am amazed!
In the last decade (and more) Tungsten has been one of the main front runners (if not the main one) in first wall material for nearly any fusion experiment. Main advantages being the low erosion rate and the small tritium retention.

What are you thinking to use in your reactor?

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Can't have this kookiness.

R(-1) ultradense deuterium is a wonderful & completely unproven, probably unphysical idea. If it exists then CF is easy.

You are talking about real Rydberg matter, which does exist, but is not magical, and therefore does not do what you say. Details below.
Axil wrote:
D Tibbets wrote:

Dan Tibbets
Tom, please permit me to explain:

I think that heavy Rydberg matter dipole shielding of the nickel nuclei allow protons to penetrate the nuclear coulomb barrier of nickel atoms.
This is pure moonshine. The Rydberg dipoles are large because the electron moves a long distance. Such a large dipole cannot possibly shield a nucleus up ultra-close. It is the opposite of what is needed.

In Rydberg matter, this dipole shielding goes as the 7th power of the number of atoms in the Rydberg matter assemblages. This polarization of Rydberg matter is clearly huge and can easily overcome the coulomb potential in the nickel atoms.
Always worry when somone says "clearly". Huge polarization has no relationship to shielding coulomb potential, see above. If you want to argue, lets do the field equations?

In Rydberg matter, all the dipole moments of all the constituent atoms are coordinated and identical.
What does "coordinated" mean. I think you mean the electron wave functions are coherent. That I agree, at v low temp needed for Rydberg matter.

Furthermore, the coherent nature of Rydberg matter range from just a single atom to large numbers in excess of 100 based upon the temperature and pressure of the hydrogen envelope; the higher the pressure and temperature, the greater on the average is the number of member atoms in the Rydberg matter assemblages. In other words, the higher the temperature of this hydrogen envelope, the greater is the number of coherent atoms that join the Rydberg matter assemblages.
Well no, high temp will break Rydberg matter bonds which are fragile because have low bond energy.

Tom:

You may have not considered how nuclear reactions affect atoms in a large assemblage of coherent and entangled atoms.

In such a collection, what happens to one member of such a coherent collection happens to them all. It may well be that an averaging effect takes place where the nuclear energy output of one atom is averaged over a hundred or more atoms in the coherent collection.
These have (at v low temp) coheent electrons. They are not coherent nuclei. I have not yet seen any suggestion that electron coherence should affect nuclear reactions. There seems no connection.

Nuclear reactions inside a quantum condensate have yet to be studied.
That is like saying nuclear reactions inside HTS wire have yet to be studiedb. So what?

Tom look at this reference:

http://cold-atoms.physics.lsa.umich.edu ... ckade.html

From this reference, the dipole blockade of the 80 atom Rydberg matter assemblages is .3 microns.
yes

Any nickel atom within this blockade distance is subject to intense dipole masking in addition to being forced into coherence with the Rydberg assemblages.
No to dipole masking. "forced to coherence"? Why would the electrons be forced to coherence? And if they were, as above, so what?

Rydberg matter sits on top of the nano-powder and completely negates coulomb repulsion of the nuclei of these nickel atoms that they cover.

However, when Rydberg coherence is not yet fully established or is breaking down, gamma radiation production will occur, not being completely negated by atomic coherence. This happens when the temperature and/or the pressure of the hydrogen envelope is lowering or low.

This is where the gamma radiation bursts from the Rossi reactor sometimes come from.
This post does not make sense.
Last edited by tomclarke on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

ScottL wrote:
Televangelism is alive and well still....so not so far fetched.
Good example.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

tomclarke wrote:Can't have this kookiness.
Thanks Tom, you actually saved me from having to spend the next 30 min to reply to Axil. I owe you one!
tomclarke wrote:This post does not make sense.
Welcome to the wonderful world of Axil, where physics bends to fantasy.