10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:True that. Now what keeps them isolated? And how much energy does it take?
Why bother yourself with such details?

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Giorgio wrote:
MSimon wrote:True that. Now what keeps them isolated? And how much energy does it take?
Why bother yourself with such details?
Amusement.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:Often they have none and get mad at me for pointing that out. Life it tough. :wink:
Is this a linguistic forum? Or you are pointing out on bad English as last argument when all arguments of physics are ending?
No, I am pointing out that you seem to be VERY sure about Rossi but you are unable, or at least unwilling to provide ANY data as to why. When asked to explain yourself, you just go off on a rant about how you have such and so learning and others don't (though how you know that is also a mystery).
Your language problems only make some of your statements unreadable. But even when readable, you don't SAY anything except to denigrate others. So far, your input has been more trouble to understand than it has been worth.
Last edited by KitemanSA on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carl White

Post by Carl White »

Giorgio wrote:
As the nuclear reactions take place, the vast majority of gamma radiation that would be produced in such a nuclear reaction, are instantly converted into heat energy.
Miracle and/or imaginary scientific event: Check!
Let's assume that some low energy gamma rays are produced and that they don't escape the E-Cat (i.e. the shielding is enough to absorb them).

Wouldn't that process of being absorbed result in the conversion of the energy into heat?

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Carl White wrote:
Giorgio wrote:
As the nuclear reactions take place, the vast majority of gamma radiation that would be produced in such a nuclear reaction, are instantly converted into heat energy.
Let's assume that some low energy gamma rays are produced and that they don't escape the E-Cat (i.e. the shielding is enough to absorb them).

Wouldn't that process of being absorbed result in the conversion of the energy into heat?
Yes, but ~6MeV is NOT a low energy gamma. Something ELSE must be at work, if this thing actually does work.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Carl White wrote:
Giorgio wrote:

Of course that is possible. Care to run some numbers? I'll even volunteer. You tell me how many reactions a second take place for an 12 KW e-cat (~ 470 KW/40 reactors). Throw me a number for gamma energy. And I'll calculate the shielding required. You won't like the number.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:When asked to explain yourself, you just go off on a rant about how you have such and so learning and others don't (though how you know that is also a mystery). XY&Z.
You are wrong. I am only saying that any conjecture without any data does not make sense and reminds guessing on a coffee thick. And again, people not knowing some very basic things can not go in depth in quantum physics. I am not trained in quantum too. But calorimetry is not quantum and Rossi did not or could not provide.
Consumer properties on marketable product should not be a secret by the definition. We know the price on his 1MW plant. But who knows price on his nickel powder's price? Catalyst? Have you such data?

What do you talk about?
Till now we do not know does device produce heat exciding chemical reaction yield.

Only for discovery of phenomenon that some chemical compound can catalyze nuclear reaction Rossi can receive Nobel Prize. And you have a right to believe him. But that is conter logic.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:When asked to explain yourself, you just go off on a rant about how you have such and so learning and others don't (though how you know that is also a mystery).
Have you such data?
No, but I don't claim to know the answer either. I am SEEKING data to make a decision, You seem to have decided without data. If you HAVE the data, please provide it.
Joseph Chikva wrote: What do you talk about?
Till now we do not know does device produce heat exciding chemical reaction yield.
Sorry, what?
Joseph Chikva wrote: Only for discovery of phenomenon that some chemical compound can catalyze nuclear reaction Rossi can receive Nobel Prize. And you have a right to believe him. But that is conter logic.
I suspect that if Rossi were a scientist, and scientifically proved what he claims, he would get the Nobel. As it is, he seems more interested in potentially earning big money. Whether he gets it by something real of by a scam (or maybe doesn't get it) remains to be seen. But there seem to be several processes that MIGHT produce what he claims, processes which do NOT seem to contradict physics.

I thought that I might have found the "smoking gun" so to speak that would mean that the process HAD to be a scam. If Ni isotopes OTHER than 58, 62, or 64 are involved, the copper produced seemed to by NECESSSITY produce fairly high energy gamma, gamma which could NOT be shielded as defined. But further research suggests another decay path that would not release the same gamma, I think. So I am back to undecided.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

KitemanSA wrote:No, but I don't claim to know the answer either. I am SEEKING data to make a decision, You seem to have decided without data. If you HAVE the data, please provide it.
Make a decision? Please, make a decision on my claim that I can levitate over the ground. No large launch vehicle like Saturn, Soyuz or Arian are required with consumption of many tons of cryogenic fuel per second. Please send me 100 thousands USD.
Oh, I forgot to say - I will show you levitating ring over the hidden magnet. The last should be a big secret between me and you. :)
When people will ask physical priciples we will answer that it is an industrial secret. But some people like Mr. Parallel, Mr. Axis or Mr. Icarus will speculate about e.g. casually found out the method of gravitons generation.

Joseph Chikva

Post by Joseph Chikva »

I forgot to say that gravitons are generating with the help of one isotope of cobalt. That I have enriched in my kitchen. You would ask me why cobalt? Simply, I like cobalt.

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
KitemanSA wrote:No, but I don't claim to know the answer either. I am SEEKING data to make a decision, You seem to have decided without data. If you HAVE the data, please provide it.
Make a decision? Please, make a decision on my claim that I can levitate over the ground. No large launch vehicle like Saturn, Soyuz or Arian are required with consumption of many tons of cryogenic fuel per second. Please send me 100 thousands USD.
Without more data hard to decide.

IMO, what Kiteman wants to say, getting to geostationary orbit (to levitate over the ground) without rocket is not in contradiction with known physics. Maybe you have used orbital lift. Or you have used fission nuclear propulsion , so your launch vehicle is not 'large'. Or some way to transfer energy from the ground to the vehicle (not large again). Or you are an alien and you came from outer place, just slowing down to get to geostationary...

Now, each of these options is worth more than 100K$, if you are able to prove me before I buy.

(Now Rossi is most likely a scam anyway, but I agree with Kiteman there is a small amount of hope still...)

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Luzr wrote:(Now Rossi is most likely a scam anyway, but I agree with Kiteman there is a small amount of hope still...)
Only if he can keep his hydrogens separated.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

And his gamma thermalized.

By the way, the total system weight according the website is 10 Tons.
This reduces A LOT the amount of lead that canbe used in each e-Cat.

Less and less probable IMHO.

mvanwink5

Post by mvanwink5 »

Hard to find something more satisfying and fun than beating on a scam. Like shooting fish in a barrel, only for a scam, the fish deserve it.

Best regards,
Counting the days to commercial fusion. It is not that long now.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Joseph Chikva wrote:
The fundamental difference between you and Rossi is the push to make a decision. Rossi has not asked me to decide. I can remain open to my lack of information. You requested I send you a bunch of money. For that I must decide. Based on your personality, I feel you are being false and a scam. I choose not to send you any money.
Joseph Chikva wrote: Oh, I forgot to say - I will show you levitating ring over the hidden magnet. The last should be a big secret between me and you. :)
Ah, the con man seeks an accomplise. No thanks, not interested.
Joseph Chikva wrote: When people will ask physical priciples we will answer that it is an industrial secret. But some people like Mr. Parallel, Mr. Axis or Mr. Icarus will speculate about e.g. casually found out the method of gravitons generation.
Yup, and if you are a good con, that is what they should be doing. Only when you ask for their money (or someone else for whom they feel responsible) should they necessarily decide.
Before you decide, think. Before you think, get relevant data. So far, no one has presented relevant data. Oh well.