10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Dear Max:
The Customer is of a category that usually maintains secret all they do. I do not know if and when they will want to make public statements and I am bound to a strict non disclosure agreement.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
I think the skeptic position should be that the generator was running all along and produced all the power. Since the organization is secret, they could be in cahoots with Rossi.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I think the skeptic position should be that the generator was running all along and produced all the power. Since the organization is secret, they could be in cahoots with Rossi.
What speaks against that is that they reduced the output to 480 KW.
If Rossi was out to perform a phony test, why would he do that? He could claim any output he wanted and instead of something fueling he speculation, he could just as well claim something closer to the 1MW...
IMHO the theory that the customer is in on it is not very credible.
But then when it comes to Rossi, very few things are...

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Let's look at the bright side of the story.
There is no more excuse now not to deliver an ecat to Bologna university and let them test it.
It's already clear that nothing professional can be expected from Rossi, so the only test that can put an end to this story is the one from UoB.
Last edited by Giorgio on Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Skipjack wrote:
What speaks against that is that they reduced the output to 480 KW.
If Rossi was out to perform a phony test, why would he do that? He could claim any output he wanted and instead of something fueling he speculation, he could just as well claim something closer to the 1MW...
IMHO the theory that the customer is in on it is not very credible.
But then when it comes to Rossi, very few things are...
If the customer was imaginary they might or might not be in on it. Depending on imagination.

As to why the lower output? To prevent uncontrolled output - all the Nickel reacting at once. Dang. Too dangerous for home use. And here I was planning on buying such an object as soon as they came to market in order to reduce my heating bills. But maybe not. It appears that the devices are safe as long as they are not connected to electrical power. But they need to be connected for start-up. I wonder if they couldn't be started by a natural gas burner and a heat pipe?
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

MSimon wrote:As to why the lower output?
The 2" outlet pipeline he placed was not suitable to handle 1MWt/h of steam and the rectangular shells of the reactors are not suitable to handle the related line pressure.
By reducing the steam flow to 50% and splitting it into 2 (some says even four) different streams to different heat exchangers, he obtained exactly what was the maximum allowed flow in a 2" pipeline that was calculated in a previous post to avoid blow up issues, i.e:, around 200Kwt/h.

Surprise surprise.

Luzr

Post by Luzr »

Giorgio wrote:
MSimon wrote:As to why the lower output?
The 2" outlet pipeline he placed was not suitable to handle 1MWt/h of steam and the rectangular shells of the reactors are not suitable to handle the related line pressure.
By reducing the steam flow to 50% and splitting it into 2 (some says even four) different streams to different heat exchangers, he obtained exactly what was the maximum allowed flow in a 2" pipeline that was calculated in a previous post to avoid blow up issues, i.e:, around 200Kwt/h.

Surprise surprise.
Hm, maybe he actually reads this thread :)

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

Luzr wrote:Hm, maybe he actually reads this thread :)
THAT could do him a lot of good ;)

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

That would be assuming that the thing actually worked as advertized...

I dont know, all of this does not make sense one way or the other.
If it is a fraud, it is a badly inscenated one for so many reasons with a setup that borders to genius because it managed to fool quite a few independent observers.

If is real, then Rossi is a genius that is acting like an idiot most of the time. Really, if you dont understand how to do business, but have something revolutionary like that, get yourself the help from someone who does know. And for heavens sake provide people with a conclusive test! Ask the skeptics for exactly the setup that they want to see, then invite Krivit and let him observe a test with hat exact setup!

If it is self delusion then it is really strange that after all those many tests with man different setups and many observers, it is still holding up so well.

Either way, this is all not making any sense whatsoever.
Maybe there is something else in the equation that we are missing?

JoeP

Post by JoeP »

It appears to work for reasons that cannot be explained without rigorous testing, and it does not work reliably, nor over a long course of time (more than 4-6 hours).

I supposedly the e-cat emits gamma radiation. Why haven't we had a radiation sensor inside the shielding on any tests?

parallel

Post by parallel »

JoeP,

I suggest you send him a form where he can list all the details of how it works, so that you can publish it on the internet and let everyone know everything about how it works.

I'm sure Rossi will jump to it immediately.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

parallel wrote:JoeP,

I suggest you send him a form where he can list all the details of how it works, so that you can publish it on the internet and let everyone know everything about how it works.

I look forward to plant number three. And electricity too cheap to meter.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

parallel

Post by parallel »

MSimon wrote:
parallel wrote:JoeP,

I look forward to plant number three. And electricity too cheap to meter.
Until there is a company with considerable design and manufacturing ability involved, it could be a very long wait.
Meanwhile it is a bit like a soap opera, but don't you tire of people suggesting, or even telling Rossi he MUST publish full details?

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

If the customer was imaginary they might or might not be in on it. Depending on imagination.
Well, we know that someone was there at least posing as a client. He was cought on photos and signed the test result protocol.
That does not mean that this was a real customer, just not imaginary either.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Can an imaginary customer have a real representitive? How bout if that representative is an actor playing a part in a play? You know, imaginary reality.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Can an imaginary customer have a real representitive? How bout if that representative is an actor playing a part in a play? You know, imaginary reality.
Hmm, ok maybe imaginary is something different to me than to you.
But someone who exists only in imagination cant do anything in my book.
I think what you mean is a fake customer, an actor. But would that then be an imaginary person?
Oh well, whatever.