And some news(?) from Black Light Power

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Helius

Post by Helius »

kurt9 wrote:
TallDave wrote:Well, I should point that, of course, if they are transmuting nickel, they are WAY overestimating the available power in a given BLP device.
This is true.

As I said before, I find Randall Mill's claims unbelievable. More power to them if they actually come up with a working generator. Until then, I regard BLP with the same degree of skepticism as I do ZPE and "cold" fusion.
Blacklight *is* the cold fusion thing. They're cramming D2 or H2 in a heavy metallic lattice then getting not well defined, random, strange, and intermittent results, and making wild claims based on such unsubstantiated "results". It's the same. ZPE on the otherhand is a different kind of wild dreaming.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

Helius wrote:ZPE on the otherhand is a different kind of wild dreaming.
ZPE is quite real. James Clerk Maxwell predicted it and virtual particles are made from it.

Exploiting the energy that holds spacetime together is another matter, and something to be done only with appropriate caution...
Ars artis est celare artem.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

General background:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blacklight_Power
Inspiration
Mills first announced his hydrino state theory in April 25, 1991 in a press conference in Lancaster, as an explanation for the cold fusion phenomena that had been revealed in 1989. According to Mills, no fusion was actually happening in the cells: all the effects would be caused by the hydrogen atoms which shrunk as they fell to a lower state. The increased proximity between the shrunk atoms would cause them to fusion sporadically. Some of those atoms would be deuterium atoms (a hydrogen atom with one extra neutron), which would explain why there were occasional readings of neutrons. No experimental evidence was offered by Mills, and his claim went unanswered and ignored by the scientific community.[1][8][9][10]

[edit] Rejection of mainstream particle physics
Mills claims that much of standard particle physics, while having experimental validation, should be rejected due to its reliance on overfitting:[11]

The Dirac equation does not reconcile this situation. Many additional shortcomings arise such as instability to radiation, negative kinetic energy states, intractable infinities, virtual particles at every point in space, self-interaction, the Klein paradox, violation of Einstein causality, and 'spooky' action at a distance. Despite its successes, quantum mechanics (QM) has remained mysterious to all who have encountered it. Starting with Bohr and progressing into the present, the departure from intuitive, physical reality has widened. The connection between quantum mechanics and reality is more than just a "philosophical" issue. It reveals that quantum mechanics is not a correct or complete theory of the physical world and that inescapable internal inconsistencies and incongruities arise when attempts are made to treat it as a physical as opposed to a purely mathematical 'tool.'

In 2007, Antonio Di Castro showed that the states below the ground state, as described in Mills' theory, are incompatible with the Schrödinger, Klein-Gordon and Dirac equations
Mills is either the genius of our age or very, very wrong.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

We have had some discussion on ZPE before.
Strangely enough the guys behind that are doing something similar to BLP, but with a different explanation for why it works.
I generally finde the thought behind ZPE plausible (to some extent), I am not to sure about the method these ZPE guys are proposing for exploiting it though.
It is however strange that both the ZPE and the BLP guys are having simillar results with simillar devices. This is one of the few reasons why I am keeping a low level of curiosity.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

Skipjack wrote:It is however strange that both the ZPE and the BLP guys are having simillar results with simillar devices. This is one of the few reasons why I am keeping a low level of curiosity.
Ever see the vapour trails from aircraft caused by the vortices coming off the tips of the wings?

Beyond a certain distance the energy to maintain them doesn't come from the aircraft, or it would never fly. The angular momentum in the vortex is conserved by energy supplied by the surrounding air, which drops in temperature and reaches its dew point.

A process that could imitate this mechanism could in principle exploit zero point energy.

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

Skipjack wrote: It is however strange that both the ZPE and the BLP guys are having simillar results with simillar devices. This is one of the few reasons why I am keeping a low level of curiosity.
Same with me. I noticed this similarity as well.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Beyond a certain distance the energy to maintain them doesn't come from the aircraft, or it would never fly. The angular momentum in the vortex is conserved by energy supplied by the surrounding air, which drops in temperature and reaches its dew point.
As so many times, I cant follow you, sorry.
I dont see the connection to ZPE or the way they are trying to get it.

alexjrgreen

Post by alexjrgreen »

Skipjack wrote:
As so many times, I cant follow you, sorry.
I dont see the connection to ZPE or the way they are trying to get it.
Look up "wingtip vortices".

This is an example of an attempt to persuade the ZPE to help conserve momentum.

MSimon

Post by MSimon »

Conserve momentum comrades? I don't think so. The time has come to liberate it from those who have captured it in the name of greed and personal profit.
Engineering is the art of making what you want from what you can get at a profit.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Conserve momentum comrades? I don't think so. The time has come to liberate it from those who have captured it in the name of greed and personal profit.
That was a good one!

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

From each particle according to its ability, to each particle according to its need.

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

kurt9

Post by kurt9 »

Yeah, well they were supposed to have a working generator last fall.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

"So we dont have a working generator yet, but look at this great technical presentation over there!"
What does that remind me of? Ahh, yes the Wizard of Oz. "Dont pay attention to the man behind the curtain"

Betruger

Post by Betruger »

How do these guys manage to keep the cow milked? Connections and favors? Just 1 of those million $ oughta make a world of difference for a project like Woodward, March & co's ME research.