Tax-payer funded basic research.

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

If the Government and/or Military have no objections to any particular outcome, how should basic research findings, gained under contracts paid for by tax payers money, be disseminated?

Not at all. Let the company keep all the information secret so it can make further profits by exclusive exploitation of the information.
28%
The company should be able to sell the information for a handsome profit for itself.
No votes
The company should give out the information only to other companies of the same nationality to ensure a fair market.
No votes
The tax payers paid for it, so they have a right to know what basic research findings their money is generating.
72%

Total votes: 25

icarus

Post by icarus »

Whew! .... looks like the tissue of lies has busted apart ... talk about desperation.

The cognitive dissonance necessary to argue that building a fusion reactor experiment that has NEVER produced net power and will NEVER produce net power is somehow not basic research, is astounding.

You guys are nuts, if fusion was not basic research we'd at least have prototypes, engineering calcs, working drawings not some cartoon sketches with little robot guys and forklifts .... if EMC2 ever get net power out it will be from a discovery of monumental proportions due to BASIC RESEARCH.

You guys are living in the future, sadly it just not our forseeable future, I guess that's how the Mach effect thing can seem so real to you nutters ... come back down to earth and then we can get real about what a rort this has become.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

In the mean time, these make an interesting read. Also notice ZERO mention of Polywell...

http://www.nps.edu/Academics/Institutes ... at_NPS.pdf

And these two as well:

http://www.navalengineers.org/SiteColle ... _Paper.pdf

http://www.navalengineers.org/SiteColle ... tersen.pdf

These provide some depth to some other topics previously discussed, as well as the issue at hand: Polywell as 6.1

icarus

Post by icarus »

I never cease to be amazed by the fact that no matter how far out on the fringe I go, I always see people further out .... popping back peyote buttons and running naked in spaces deserted, save for tumbleweeds.

Hey there kiteman, git-thruster ... how's that wind beneath your wings boyz!!

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Can someone, anyone, get a muzzle for the dog?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

icarus

Post by icarus »

Polywell is a development project, fusion power is inevitable .... oh yeah, that's right, drink the Kool-aid mad-dog.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

chrismb wrote:Just give me an example of a project that would class as 6.1 that the Navy would fund?

Why are my simple questions so difficult for you folks?
I thought I had. Doesn't NRL do work shooting one species at another to determine cross section? That would be basic research, no?