Quantum Refrigeration

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Netmaker

Quantum Refrigeration

Post by Netmaker »

The cooling power is the equivalent of a window-mounted air conditioner cooling a building the size of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.
Note, the cooling quote above would be true if the device could be scaled up although there's no indication that that is the possible.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 183821.htm

DeltaV

Re: Quantum Refrigeration

Post by DeltaV »

The technology may offer a compact, convenient means of chilling advanced sensors below standard cryogenic temperatures -- 300 milliKelvin (mK), typically achieved by use of liquid helium -- to enhance their performance in quantum information systems, telescope cameras, and searches for mysterious dark matter and dark energy.
Now your IR signature can be resolved by zero-helium staring arrays in geostationary orbit, instead of LEO/MEO. I feel safer.

Netmaker

Re: Quantum Refrigeration

Post by Netmaker »

Now your IR signature can be resolved by zero-helium staring arrays in geostationary orbit, instead of LEO/MEO. I feel safer.
Not the first thing I would have thought of. Hopefully it can be used to bring down the cost of medical imaging equipment and allow for significantly faster clock rates for computers.