10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

CKay

Re: Here comes the call for investment in LENR

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:It is an illustration of my confidence in the reported cold fusion devices.
I think your problem is that you jump to conclusions without thinking critically about information. ;)

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

CKay wrote:
There's plenty of people far more qualified than you or I who see no verifiable evidence for LENR. That is unless you can point to one reliable, reproducible method for the production of excess energy through an LENR effect?
Really? Who are these people and what are their qualifications? How many cold fusion experiments have they tried to replicate?

Another problem that you have is that you think asking for a source for a reproducible cold fusion experiment is a good way of proving your point. All it proves is that you have not read the literature. I suggest the Storms 2010 review as a starting point. After reading a few dozen papers you might gain an appreciation for the finer points of the topic.

Torulf2

Post by Torulf2 »

"Storms 2010 review"
LINK?

CKay

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:you think asking for a source for a reproducible cold fusion experiment is a good way of proving your point.
Erm, yes, actually I do. ;)

CKay

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:Really? Who are these people and what are their qualifications? How many cold fusion experiments have they tried to replicate?
Do you know of one CF/LENR experiment showing excess heat that has been independently reproduced?

And before you say otherwise - yes, reproducibility is rather important.

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

Torulf2 wrote:"Storms 2010 review"
LINK?
Naturwissenschaften, 97 (2010) 861

Crawdaddy

Post by Crawdaddy »

CKay wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:Really? Who are these people and what are their qualifications? How many cold fusion experiments have they tried to replicate?
Do you know of one CF/LENR experiment showing excess heat that has been independently reproduced?

The Storms 2010 review references several.

stefanbanev

Post by stefanbanev »

CKay wrote:
Crawdaddy wrote:It is an illustration of my confidence in the reported cold fusion devices.
I think your problem is that you jump to conclusions without thinking critically about information. ;)
It's quit an irony ... If someone has no clue then the skepticism is a best way to hide it even from yourself ;o)

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Crawdaddy wrote:
CKay wrote:

The Storms 2010 review references several.
So which of these Storms reviewed experiments has claimed energy out:
(1) > possible chemical sources ?
(2) > calorimetry errors ?

I have not found any such, but would welcome education. Please post link to an original write-up clear enough to work out calorimetry errors in detail.

I HAVE seen a lot of (repeatable) CF experiments which use very flakey calorimetry - the claimed power out depends on massive assumptions about the thermal conductivity of the reaction vessel remaining constant after thermal cycling.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

stefanbanev wrote:
CKay wrote:
It's quit an irony ... If someone has no clue then the skepticism is a best way to hide it even from yourself ;o)
Skepticism requires the data to be analysed in detail and critically appraised. I have noticed a few skeptics here and there doing this. I have not noticed those who point to Storms reviews etc applying the same mental effort.

But there is always a first time?

CKay

Post by CKay »

stefanbanev wrote:
CKay wrote:
I guess you missed the intentional irony - I was repeating Crawdaddy's own words ("I think your problem...etc") back at him.

And it's notable that both you and Crawdaddy are quick to insult those who don't agree with your point of view.

As for the Storm review, from what I've read of it, it seems to be an obviously biased view. One gets the feeling that the he is merely presenting a case to support his preconceived conclusion. And he makes the basic error of believing that strong evidence can be constructed from an aggregation of lots of weak evidence.

CKay

Post by CKay »

tomclarke wrote:Please post link to an original write-up clear enough to work out calorimetry errors in detail.
It's all in "the literature". Besides, evidence for LENR phenomena is "nuanced" and cannot be easily reduced to a simplistic true/false binary. ;)

CKay

Post by CKay »

Crawdaddy wrote:Your problem is that you cannot hold a nuanced view of the situation in your head [...] In the case of cold fusion you also lack the skills to read and understand the published literature on the subject.
The Emperor's new clothes are made of such fine materials as only the subtlest minds may perceive.

Ivy Matt

Post by Ivy Matt »

Matthew
March 9th, 2012 at 6:10 AM

Dear Mr. Rossi,

Have the new patents for the domestic reactor been filed with the Italian Patent and Trademark Office?

Good luck,
Matthew
Andrea Rossi
March 9th, 2012 at 9:41 AM

Dear Matthew:
Patents pending are like divisions of an army in movement: the less the enemy knows of them, the better.
Warm Regards,
A.R.
I'm inclined to take that as a "no".
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Tick tock, if Krivit is right he is 'bout out of time.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)