Steven Krivit's Connection To WL Theory

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

nasonex

Steven Krivit's Connection To WL Theory

Post by nasonex »

Steven Krivit of the New Energy Times continually supports Widom Larsen theory. He does so while attacking the term cold fusion, and attacking credible cold fusion researchers. I've heard speculation that he may have a vested interest in Widom Larsen theory.

Does anyone here have any information?

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

I have yet to see a credible cold fusion researcher.....

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

IIRC, Krevit claims to have had some lengthy discussions with Larsen, and this is probably why he posted up in New Energy, the very unflattering report of what NASA has done as regards W-L Theory. If you are looking for more than that, I'd suggest you're searching for a conspiracy that there's no evidence for, for purely emotional reasons.

Who told you there was such a thing as a "credible cold fusion researcher" and what expertise is that judgement based upon? And this slander you're spreading about Krivit having a vested interest in WLT, did you want to say where it came from, or simply backpedal into the next century for acting like a bratty 12 year-old?
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

nasonex

Post by nasonex »

Giorgio wrote:I have yet to see a credible cold fusion researcher.....
There are many credible cold fusion researchers.

I have yet to see a cynic that is worth being called human.

nasonex

Post by nasonex »

GIThruster wrote:IIRC, Krevit claims to have had some lengthy discussions with Larsen, and this is probably why he posted up in New Energy, the very unflattering report of what NASA has done as regards W-L Theory. If you are looking for more than that, I'd suggest you're searching for a conspiracy that there's no evidence for, for purely emotional reasons.

Who told you there was such a thing as a "credible cold fusion researcher" and what expertise is that judgement based upon? And this slander you're spreading about Krivit having a vested interest in WLT, did you want to say where it came from, or simply backpedal into the next century for acting like a bratty 12 year-old?
I'm just asking questions. I do not know what the truth is.

I have read comments on this forum and elsewhere that seem to indicate that he may have a connection. I would like to know if it is true, or not.

The bratty person here is Krivit, not me. He belittles and mocks credible researchers like Andrea Rossi by calling them fradulent and claiming they are running scams. He also lies and claims all of the tests of the E-Cats were failures. He also twists every bit of information to try and make Andrea Rossi look as bad as possible. For example, National Instruments has confirmed that Rossi's side of the story is the truth. Then he goes on to post pictures of Rossi's apartment building in Miami. In addition, he posts the contact information of the bloggers that are supporting Rossi.

I could go on and on and on.

I can provide quotes from his website if you like.

I can also provide quotes that show his disdain for the term cold fusion.

I can also provide quotes that show his continual praise for Widom Larsen theory.

I'm not the bratty one here.

nasonex

Post by nasonex »

By the way, here is a comment that was made on this very forum.

"The article from the newenergytimes website is pure propaganda from proponents of Windom Larsen. Did you know that Steven Krivit is payed to report full time on Cold Fusion by an "anonymous benefactor" and that he has a pronounced and obvious bias in favor of Windom Larsen theory proponents? New energy times is a crank website, it is the fox news of cold fusion."

I'm just trying to figure out the truth of the matter.

Krivit may have a connection or he may not.

GIThruster

Post by GIThruster »

Well Naso, you started a thread, the intent of which is to look for some sort of unseemly connection and the basis of adolescent intrigue. You've already insulted half a dozen people in the forum and you haven't offered any critical insights to the issues you're raising. That sounds like a bratty, self-righteous, adolescent to me.

I happen to agree with, and have many times here supported the opinion, that cynicism is as wrong as unbridled optimism, and championed the notion that the best path is not always to criticize but to think critically. That doesn't mean I'm ready to call people who are a bit more cynical than I am something less than human. Though I will admit for instance, that Giorgio and I don't always agree, he's a careful, critical thinker and you'd do well to hear whatever he has to say on a subject, even when you disagree.

Likewise, the fact NASA is actively investigating WLT but has routinely turned a blind eye to Rossi, says more than you'd apparently like. I think you should reconsider playing Rossi's champion and focus on getting at the facts, more than earning your Rossi merit-badge.

To answer your question--no. I doubt there's anyone here who is willing to support your witch hunt. I don't know a thing about Krevit, but that doesn't mean I'd sit by and watch you slander him, and I doubt you'll have the sympathies of any of the adults present. Mainly, because you write like an angry sixth grader.

BTW, I have no opinion of Rossi. I have no idea what he has. I've read only a small portion of the hundreds of pages of considerations about him, and don't know what to think. I will say though, the fact he purchased a phoney degree does not bode well for his believability factor. To the best of my knowledge, only con artists purchase degrees of higher learning. The rest of us earn them.
"Courage is not just a virtue, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C. S. Lewis

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

Nasonex, Widom Larson Theory is getting just as much skepticism from people here as Rossi does.
The difference between Rossi and Widom- Larson is that they have provided us with an actual theory that we can test! We can test any and all of their claims and that is what NASA is currently doing. They are not supporting their theory. They are merely testing and trying to verify or falsify their theory. That is science!
Rossi has not done any such thing! He has not published a theory and so we have no chance of testing what he is claiming to have observed. All we have is a series of claimed observations by him and others. We have however no way of testing them and thus can not verify or falsify them.
Do you understand that? Or am I not being clear enough for you?

Luzr

Re: Steven Krivit's Connection To WL Theory

Post by Luzr »

nasonex wrote:Steven Krivit of the New Energy Times continually supports Widom Larsen theory. He does so while attacking the term cold fusion, and attacking credible cold fusion researchers. I've heard speculation that he may have a vested interest in Widom Larsen theory.

Are you just so stupid or only pretend to be so?

See, Widom-Larsen theory is about as extraordinary and unproved claim like anything else in LENR field.

If LENR works, and believe me, everybody would be more than happy if it does here, despite scepticism, then whether it works by some Rossi's unknown theory or by WLT is unimportant.

And one more advice: This issue will not be resolved on discussion forums like this one. There is little point of trying to "figh sceptics" here. LENR either works or not, but you cannot make it work by posting flames to forums like this one.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Krivit has made it clear many times he supports WLT. What is the mystery in this? He states that of all he has investigated, it is the most likely to be something. But, that said he does not limit the field.
Cite and analyze an Ecat run and prove your point. I posit that you cannot do so, and will be reduced to handwaving, speculation and emotional discourse. This will eventually lead to you insulting someone, and then declaring that non-believers are bad, and not just bad, but puppets and snakes sharing in a global conspiracy to deny real science.
Keep on digging Young Drip. Or, look up, and start to climb.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

Ivy Matt

Re: Steven Krivit's Connection To WL Theory

Post by Ivy Matt »

nasonex wrote:I've heard speculation that he may have a vested interest in Widom Larsen theory.

Probably not. This is not a forum especially devoted to cold fusion discussion. (At least, a year or so ago it wasn't. :-P)

As ladajo said, Krivit is a proponent of the Widom-Larsen Theory. He seems to be fairly convinced that it is the best explanation for the phenomena grouped under the title of "cold fusion". That's fairly well known.

As for whether his New Energy Times is currently being funded by Lattice Energy LLC, I've heard dark mutterings from the Rossi fans, but seen nothing specific. If you really want an answer to your question, you might want to check with the Vortex-L e-mail discussion group. If anybody has such information, I imagine it would be found there. (I'd check it myself, but the Mail Archive seems to be blocked where I am.)
Temperature, density, confinement time: pick any two.

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Or just ask Krivit. What a concept.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

ScottL

Post by ScottL »

The more nasonex types, the more I think of the sheep from Animal Farm. He repeats whatever he's heard as though it were truth in a weak attempt at drowning out the voices of experts. He supresses scientists and researchers with his inane babbling.

So, Nasal Drip, what is your expertise in this field? What degree do you currently hold or equivalent experience in a related field? Why is Rossi the exception to using the scientific method? Why do you call current LENR/CF researchers who openly publish their work frauds? Why are they not worthy of your faith? The truth is, they haven't made outrageous claims and are open-minded that their research could go either way,

You are a troll and propaganda monger. You have provided no truths or defense of Rossi. You bring to the table nothing, no evidence, no facts, no research, no links for explanation, then decline to defend your lies. If this isn't a violation of board rules, it darn well should be based on your waste of space and time.

tomclarke

Post by tomclarke »

Skipjack wrote:Nasonex, Widom Larson Theory is getting just as much skepticism from people here as Rossi does.
The difference between Rossi and Widom- Larson is that they have provided us with an actual theory that we can test! We can test any and all of their claims and that is what NASA is currently doing. They are not supporting their theory. They are merely testing and trying to verify or falsify their theory. That is science!
Rossi has not done any such thing! He has not published a theory and so we have no chance of testing what he is claiming to have observed. All we have is a series of claimed observations by him and others. We have however no way of testing them and thus can not verify or falsify them.
Do you understand that? Or am I not being clear enough for you?
The standard test, checking if LENR expt acts as high energy gamma shield, is a beautiful test of W-L. I would expect NASA to be running this with whatever they think is the most plausible metal hidride or metal deuteride system.

You can be sure if they get positive results it would be big news. But there are strong reasons to disbelieve (e.g. why does gamma shielding continue when experiment is stopped - it would be needed to deal with gammas from decay of medium H-L intermediaries necessarily created by ULM neutron absorption.

Skipjack

Post by Skipjack »

I want them to direct a gamma ray beam at that "shield" during the experiment to actually see the shielding of something that we know the intensity of. It should be easy enough to test.
Anyway, this is science: A theory is presented, experiments can be made to test the validity of the theory. Theory is confirmed in experiment or it is not.
Simply claiming some observations have taken place is only in part science (reporting an observation), but then there has to be a means for others to reproduce that observation, to confirm or to deny it. This is not the case with Rossi and so far also with Defkalion.