Innovative Confinement Concepts Workshop 2010

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

Munchausen

Innovative Confinement Concepts Workshop 2010

Post by Munchausen »

http://www.iccworkshops.org/icc2010/

Of interest? Please remove if there already is a thread.

bennmann

Post by bennmann »

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

status of whether or not Dr. Nebel is going?
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

Giorgio

Post by Giorgio »

The conference was in February.

Robthebob

Post by Robthebob »

ops, my bad.
Throwing my life away for this whole Fusion mess.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Also, when you drill down to the agenda, you'll notice several papers each for the "Magnetic Fusion" and "Inertial Fusion" sections, but none in "Other Confinement Methods". Yawn?

rcain

Post by rcain »

.. i was just reading through some stuff up there via another thread - assortment of goodies up a level here - http://www.iccworkshops.org/icc2010/uploads/

D Tibbets

Post by D Tibbets »

I'm surprised that they are apparently targeting the demonstration of net positive P-B11 fusion, not just demonstrating that p-b11 fusion is possible in their device. Perhaps they will demonstrate fusion and assume scaling laws that could lead to positive yeilds. How close is their device to a power producing reactor? Are they aleardy acheiving sufficient power input, so that the the issues would be mostly engeenering issues with cooling, electrode erosion, and pulse frequency that would be needed to be usefull for power production?

http://www.iccworkshops.org/icc2010/abs ... p?view=145

"Lawrenceville Plasma Physics Inc. has initiated a two-year-long experimental project to test the scientific feasibility of Focus Fusion, controlled nuclear fusion using the dense plasma focus (DPF) device and pB11 fuel. The goals of the experiment are first, to confirm the achievement the high ion and electron energies first observed in previous experiments in 2001 at Texas A&M University; second, to greatly increase the efficiency of energy transfer into the plasmoid where the fusion reactions take place; third, to achieve the high magnetic fields (>1 GG) needed for the quantum magnetic field effect, which will reduce cooling of the plasma by x-ray emission; and finally, to use pB11 fuel to demonstrate greater fusion energy production than energy fed into the plasma (positive net energy production). The DPF is an exceedingly compact device, with a mass of about 2,500 kg, so can be expected to lead to a very economical source of energy. The modifications we have made to this concept—including the control of angular momentum injection and very small electrodes to maximize magnetic field, as well ass the use of the quantum magnetic field effect, will we believe overcome limitations previously identified in achieving high fusion yield. The experiment is being conducted with a newly-constructed dense plasma focus in Middlesex, NJ which is expected to generate peak currents in excess of 2 MA. Preliminary result on tests of the new Focus-Fusion-1 device with deuterium will be presented."

Dan Tibbets
To error is human... and I'm very human.