10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Point out news stories, on the net or in mainstream media, related to polywell fusion.

Moderators: tonybarry, MSimon

ladajo

Re: 10KW LENR demonstrator (new thread)

Post by ladajo »

Well apparently he still can't keep his mouth shut.

"The Rossi Effect"

<Giggle.>

<munch munch...munch>
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)
What I want to do is to look up C. . . . I call him the Forgotten Man. (Sumner)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

???

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

"foundamental":
Andrea Rossi
August 21st, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Giuliano Bettini:
Here have named my process the “Rossi Effect” referring to the collective phenomenon ( whose mechanism has now been completely understood).
Warm Regards,
A.R.
The development of atomic power, though it could confer unimaginable blessings on mankind, is something that is dreaded by the owners of coal mines and oil wells. (Hazlitt)

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

Thanks.
Why do you bother to read that stuff? Don't you have anything better to do?

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Yes, I do, but it really does amuse me. Maybe I am addicted. But you have to admit, it really can be funny.

In any event, stuff like that is easy to find, a quick peruse of www.rossilivecat.com once a week or so gives plenty of Rossisays comedy.

I am about to start reading Philbrick's "Bunker Hill", so that should distract me a bit from Rossi. Plus I have another go around with the Russians soon, and that will take up some time. I just finished "Operation Snow", an interesting read that I did to expand on some topics of interest. I am also halfway through a Game Theory book, painful as it is. Not well written IMO.

KitemanSA

Post by KitemanSA »

ladajo wrote:Yes, I do, but it really does amuse me. Maybe I am addicted. But you have to admit, it really can be funny.
I guess I never acquired the taste for that kind of "funny".

ladajo

Post by ladajo »

Fair enough, to each his own.
For me, Rossi has provided a high level of comedy.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Elforsk Perspective November 2 2013
http://www.elforsk.se/Global/Trycksaker ... 2_2013.pdf

Estimated that there are around 20 players which in one way or another are researching or acting in the field of cold fusion . on Elforsk's behalf is now a knowledge base of research position and results and more.
The compilation will be available in October at Elforsks website.

E-Cat World comments on the the Elforsk piece above.

"What I think we are seeing here is the realization by qualified professionals who look at this phenomenon with unbiased eyes, that there is something going on with LENR that should not be ignored. We know that Elforsk were sponsors of the recent third party E-Cat testing, and that they have budgeted 230,000 Euros per year in 2013 and 2014 for further investigation of the E-Cat — showing how serious they are about their investigations. To my mind, this is a very rational and responsible approach to take by an organization with the responsibility to improve the energy industry in its country. I look forward to learning more from Elforsk on the subject — it may turn out to be an organization that sets the pace in the industrialization of LENR."

As noted they already said that in the previous press release: "The measurements show that the catalyst gives substantially more energy than can be explained by ordinary chemical reactions."
This Elforsk piece and knowing they have budgeted more than 230,000 Euros per year for the next two years to investigate the E-Cat, is good evidence that the E-Cat actually works. It does not prove how well, or for how long: we will have to wait for that.

TallDave

Post by TallDave »

Thanks parallel.

Like I keep telling everyone in hot fusion, it's possible nothing commercializable will emerge from this anytime soon, if ever. OTOH, it's increasingly hard to believe all of this CF is attributable to fraud or measurement error.
n*kBolt*Te = B**2/(2*mu0) and B^.25 loss scaling? Or not so much? Hopefully we'll know soon...

Stubby

Post by Stubby »

Yeah my personal belief in the ecat jumped 100%.
It went from 0.01%to 0.02%
Everything is bullshit unless proven otherwise. -A.C. Beddoe

parallel

Post by parallel »

Theoretical Analysis and Reaction Mechanisms for Experimental Results of Hydrogen Nickel Systems

abstract

Experimental results for anomalous heat effect and super magnetic field observed for hydrogen - Nickel systems are described. Theoretical analysis and reaction mechanisms are presented using theory of Boson cluster state nuclear fusion (BCSNF) based on the optical theorem formulation. Observed excess heat generation and anomalously large magnetic field are explained by theoretical descriptions based on nano - scale explosions (“Bosenova”) and proton supper currents.

http://www.physics.purdue.edu/people/fa ... -Pre-1.pdf

I posted this before but it never appeared.

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

I said it before and I will say it again, "I think there is something to LENR , but I don't think Rossi has it."
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

paperburn,
That is not logical. If LENR is real then surely Rossi has it.
You don't even believe Elforsk?

paperburn1

Post by paperburn1 »

Well the facts pile up against him, These questions rise to the top.
For the past three? years his demos show an easily exploitable heat source, but there has yet been one visible commercial demonstration. (Secret customers do not exist, at least not for this long investing as much money as what he said.)
His constant fundraising that a very suspicious licencing and usage deal. If he were basing his fundraising operation in the united states he would most likely be in violation of several laws. (I can not speak for overseas venture)
My best friend father works for the Miami-Dade as a inspector. Rossi never has a working factory in his name or any corporation that he is involved with. ( caveat -he only searched Miami Dade)
His proof of concept demos are lacking scientific rigor, or to put in another way credibility, dependability, confirmability ,transferability and demonstrability. and could easily do so without showing trade secrets.
Others that have been working in this field have shown there is something above the noise level than needs to be looked into and have better met the listed criteria above.
If he does have something he is undoubtedly one of the worlds worst business man in the world.
In the end I forecast Rossi will say " That someone else did it better/stole our idea. and I am sorry you lost your money. but do not worry I am going after them to get you money back just give me time" the classic end to scam
I am not a nuclear physicist, but play one on the internet.

parallel

Post by parallel »

Paperburn,
Same old repetitive rubbish that made me leave this site some months ago. I was hoping the trolls had got bored and left.

It is clear the early E-Cats were not well controlled, that indeed the control was difficult, but it looks like he has a solution now. There is no reason to doubt that he hasn't got UL approval yet because of the tendency of the reaction to run away. It will require several long term trials before he get approval.

For industrial use, the max temperature and a COP of 6 was marginal. so of course he worked on a higher temperature version and was successful with the E-Cat HT. If you read the Elforsk report you would have seen that the first one supplied for the test actually melted. If it is so easy, why don't you make a LENR device? You seem to think it only takes a few months to get it to market.

The factory will probably not be in his name, but in the name of the company he has joined. The inspectors don't get to inspect it until it is finished so no surprise you have not found any paperwork.

You and the other trolls go on about there having been no satisfactory test, neglecting the two 100 hour tests by Elforsk and ignoring there is no reason for Rossi to do what you want. He just has to satisfy his partners.

Neither the facts nor anything I write will persuade a pathological skeptic like you, so just wait and see what happens. There are several long term tests currently underway and we will know more next year.